Oasis of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ Solo Picture Review

mpoole3

Mr. Poole is it?

Sir, well done. Fascinating review and confirming many thoughts that have been forming in my head since we booked our first cruise for our group of two couples doing a first time cruise way back in April I believe.

Oasis eastern Caribbean in February. Drink packages and Chops. I was going to do a water package but now will more likely get the premium drink package as that includes bottled water. I don't think they even offer the water package now anyway.

But again, awesome review that I truly enjoyed. Sounds like my suspicions are confirmed by your review. Right now we have one specialty restaurant reserved. Chops! Lol. And we have reservations for every show as well.

Our excursion are going to be St. Thomas. Magens Bay and St. Maarten we plan on doing Orient and Maho for the planes.

Cheers man. Awesome review!

Mr. Poole indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed the review, as I had a lot of fun writing/posting. I see you are getting pretty close to your sail-away! Enjoy Chops! Always my favorite, in fact I'm eating there this Sunday on the Enchantment of the Seas.

Great review - really enjoyed the pics and advice - I'm looking forward to enjoying the same in a few weeks!

We are going to be skipping the alcohol packages so that we don't have to keep up just to break even.. We would have to drink 7x $6 beers a day for 7 days just to break even on the Select package.. but I do like the changes they've made for 2014 (new packages/no longer does everyone in a cabin need to purchase it)..

I used to really enjoy the drink package to try all the unique beers, but it's gotten to the point where they exclude so many of them now. So I'm not sure if I'll get it anymore, with being diamond now.

Thank you for the kind words about the review.

Fantastic Review!!!

We are going to sailing on the Oasis on April 5th for our honeymoon. It will be our first time ever on a cruise so I have been trying to do as much research as possible. It seem there are a lot of hidden fees. My main thing is the drinking package. We were looking at the Select Package which is for beer and wine, but noticed that there are limits to that. Not sure if that one is worth getting or just going for the Ultimate Package. We will be celebrating and it would be nice to drink without worry of how much our bill will be at the end. With the package I saw you mention a pass. Does the pass have a picture I.D on it. Obviously there is no sharing, but I just wanted to see how they keep track. Do you have to drink within the area you bought the drink or can you walk around the ship with the drink? Sorry, so many questions.

We really want to go to the comedy club and I saw you went to the midnight one. Do you recommend we make reservations for that if we don't want to go so late?

As its our first time to the islands, we want to do some sore excursions. Are there any that you have done?

I am so excited!!!!

Thanks

Georgia

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm late to the party, but I have to add this is a great review! So informative, and fun too! We're one of those that said "Too Big For Us!" That has now changed and we are going in November. Reading your review has really helped to ease my concerns.

Great Job!

So it's 5:15 pm and I'm feeling refreshed from my two-hour catnap I decide to turn on my cell phone. Guess what, FULL SERVICE AND INTERNET!! How did I forget that phones work in St. Thomas? I quickly started making phone calls to home, sending pictures, and email but no work emails :) Time started slipping away and I had to get ready for my 7:00 dinner at 150 Central Park.

IMG_1538_zpscba09880.jpg

Are you saying that in St. Thomas I can use my phone (Galaxy 3) without being charged for roaming? Is there wifi?

OK, I'm late to the party, but I have to add this is a great review! So informative, and fun too! We're one of those that said "Too Big For Us!" That has now changed and we are going in November. Reading your review has really helped to ease my concerns.

Great Job!

I'm glad you enjoyed my review, as I had a lot of fun writing it. The Oasis is big and to me is a whole different type of cruise than you will experience with other ships. I really hope you enjoy it this Fall as much as I did.

Michael

Thanks so much for your review! I haven't yet been on Oasis but now I really want to go. I'm tentatively planning on Oct. '15 - is it too early to book? I have a next cruise certificate that's burning a hole in my pocket!

I'd be going solo so I definitely appreciate your perspective as a solo. I love Chops but have never gone alone. Your review made me less nervous about reserving a table for one.

Thanks again :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much for your review! I haven't yet been on Oasis but now I really want to go. I'm tentatively planning on Oct. '15 - is it too early to book? I have a next cruise certificate that's burning a hole in my pocket!

I'd be going solo so I definitely appreciate your perspective as a solo. I love Chops but have never gone alone. Your review made me less nervous about reserving a table for one.

You are very welcome!

I don't mind dinning in the restaurants alone and often enjoy an hour or so to myself. I will admit my very first time doing this I was a 'little' uncomfortable but I realized this is my vacation and I'm going to make the most of it.

I've since gone to chops solo on the Brilliance and had just as good of experience, if not even a little better.

Let me know if you decided to book.

Michael

Thanks for posting your review. My hubby and I sailed on Oasis for the first time Nov. 9th-16th, the week after your cruise. I had doubts about sailing Oasis at first, fearing that the ship itself was too big and too crowded. But I was very impressed on how organized the ship was, including the embarkation process. The ship never felt overcrowded to me. We had so much fun on Oasis that we decided to sail her again in November. The truth is that the ship is so big that 7 days is really not enough time to see everything that Oasis has to offer.

Elizabeth

• 1 month later...
Question on drink package - I thought the wine included was anything $12 and under not just the house wine? If only house wine it will make my decision on the package much harder to make...

The is the current policy, however when I sailed 11/2/13 I was under the old policy, which was only house wine.

Since then the drink packages have greatly improved, which better wine quality and bottled water.

Michael

Thanks for the great review!! Enjoyed it a lot.

I am really looking forward to out cruise on Oasis next year.

Thank you for the kind words, I really enjoyed posting this review.

Look for my B2B review this Fall from the Vision!

Michael

• 6 months later...

You're very welcome! Any update if you booked or not? I'm headed back in March!