C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

• 2 weeks later...
That's what I did on Radiance. Despite Guest Relations agreeing with me that the printout indicated I could pay the top up on wine over the package limit, the Bar Manger would have none of it. Interestingly though, he did agree the top up applied to spirits, so the Johnnie Walker Blue story above would have had a happy ending on Radiance.

Just got an email response back only took 2 weeks but it is a few days before my cruise so all is good.

OK here is what they said.

In regard to your inquiry, if you purchase a beverage package and want to order a glass of wine for more than the alloted amount the package allows for, you will then pay the difference between what the package offers and the cost of the wine if you were to purchase it individually.

Hope this helps:D:beer:

Eat more SHRIMP

Just got an email response back only took 2 weeks but it is a few days before my cruise so all is good.

In regard to your inquiry, if you purchase a beverage package and want to order a glass of wine for more than the alloted amount the package allows for, you will then pay the difference between what the package offers and the cost of the wine if you were to purchase it individually

Thanks for following up on this. I hope they have this ironed out in 61 days when we board Allure.

Has anyone ordered an Irish Coffee (or other liquer coffee I guess)? Does it require the Ultimate package due to needing the Premium Coffee element? Or is it just another alcoholic beverage.

I don't know what package you're thinking of getting, but you could consider buying the premium coffee and then getting the liquor from your alcohol package, and mixing them on your own.

But...I don't think they use "premium coffee" with an Irish coffee; that's just a coffee, right?

Look at the prices, see the Irish coffee's price vs a shot of liquor...maybe run down to where they keep the free coffee and buy the shot...

I went the other way. Replenish package, got an iced latte, then bought a shot of Bailey's. BEST combo ever. :)

But...I don't think they use "premium coffee" with an Irish coffee; that's just a coffee, right?

Irish coffee is normal coffee with a shot of Irish whiskey and brown sugar stired in. Yes you HAVE to have sugar then you float heavy cream on top. If you don't have enough sugar the density of the liquid will not let you float the cold heavy cram on top. To float it you put a spoon right at the level of the coffee and slowly pour the cream into the spoon and it will float on top.:beer::cool:

Eat more SHRIMP

In regard to your inquiry, if you purchase a beverage package and want to order a glass of wine for more than the alloted amount the package allows for, you will then pay the difference between what the package offers and the cost of the wine if you were to purchase it individually.

Hope this helps:D:beer:

Eat more SHRIMP

Thank you for chasing this down. SWMBO and I were wondering the same thing.

Cheers!

D

Anyone know why rci have upped the pricing to their drink packages in Australia?

The premium package was sitting at $57.50aud per day for ages. I even checked last week and it was still at that price.

Checked today and its at $62.70aud per day.

Rang rci and the guy says its the USD. But our Aussie dollar is stronger than it was last week?

How is this fair? People have already purchased it at $57 and I have to pay $62.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes I printed out my email just in case.

Eat more SHRIMP

Nevermind I didnt see the teeny weeny writing that says "prices are subject to change" ;(

It seems that RCI only adjust their non-USD prices every few months as it was A$57.50 back in Dec when the A$ was approx US$0.93. And whilst it must be annoying for you to see the rate updated now, rather than operate unfairly, this RCI policy has actually advantaged Aust cruisers for months. The market exchange at any time since on the US$55 per day cost of the package would have been well in excess of A$57.50.

I don't know what package you're thinking of getting, but you could consider buying the premium coffee and then getting the liquor from your alcohol package, and mixing them on your own.

Look at the prices, see the Irish coffee's price vs a shot of liquor...maybe run down to where they keep the free coffee and buy the shot...

I went the other way. Replenish package, got an iced latte, then bought a shot of Bailey's. BEST combo ever. :)

As mentioned, an Irish Coffee is a bit more fussy than a regular coffee with a shot in it. It has the thing with sugar going on and the cream float. It's like a hot coffee cocktail hehe.

I was thinking of getting the Premium Package for both of us as him-indoors would ordinarily be fine with their regular coffee, but if an Irish counts as a Premium Coffee I'd get him the Ultimate because it's pretty much a guarantee he'd easily have 2 of those a night after dinner plus a side benefit of OJ at breakfast.

As it looks like this particular situation hasn't come up yet I'll drop them an email I think.

This is our first RCI cruise and we are working on figuring out these drink packages. Does the package that includes specialty coffees and teas include Starbucks? Stuff like frappucinos.

Thanks.

No, the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure are not included in the packages that include specialty coffee.

Edited by clarea

I was thinking of getting the Premium Package for both of us as him-indoors would ordinarily be fine with their regular coffee, but if an Irish counts as a Premium Coffee I'd get him the Ultimate because it's pretty much a guarantee he'd easily have 2 of those a night after dinner plus a side benefit of OJ at breakfast.

The "premium coffee" that is part of the Ultimate and Replenish packages consists of espresso, cappuccino, lattes, etc. An Irish Coffee would be included in the Premium package because the Premium package includes all alcoholic beverages that are up to 10.00 and an Irish Coffee does not cost that much. The only difference between the premium and the ultimate packages is that the ultimate includes premium coffee, premium tea, fresh squeezed OJ and 375 ml bottles of San Pellegrino, all for an extra 10 per day.

Has anyone ordered an Irish Coffee (or other liquer coffee I guess)? Does it require the Ultimate package due to needing the Premium Coffee element? Or is it just another alcoholic beverage.

I had the premium package ordered a Irish coffee in the MDR one night I noticed a charge AND a credit on my account. So they charged me but then credited it back. Also it was kind of a milky Irish coffee. It did not have the full separation of coffe/cream.

Eat more SHRIMP

This is our first RCI cruise and we are working on figuring out these drink packages. Does the package that includes specialty coffees and teas include Starbucks? Stuff like frappucinos.

Thanks.

It does not include the stand-alone starbucks on oasis and allure. However, those ships have a coffee bar attached to the Promenade Cafe which serves Seattle's Best Coffee, which is included. They have Tazo tea, chai lattes (hot or cold), hot chocolate, and coffee drinks made with seattle's best including frappuccino-like iced coffee drinks. All of those would be included in the package.

other ships also have a coffee bar attached to the promenade cafe or have a coffee bar called cafe lattetudes, and based on what i've read here, the same types of drinks seem to be included there. i've only been on Allure since the drink packages started, though, so don't have personal experience with them.