C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

HI ALL!

Great news!!! Just called the C&A number to inquire about the new drink packages!! The very helpful lady said "why yes, we do have new packages and changes to our current packages starting on 11/15. Let me grab my information packet". She then read each description to me!!

From what I can remember, as I didn't write it down. .

1) $20/day - Non-alcohol package - Fountain soda (With the Freestyle cup, specialty coffee & tea, fresh juice.

2) Same as beer/wine one now, with the addition of the Freestyle cup for soda.

3)Same as Premium package now, with the addition of the Freestyle cup AND. . . . drum roll. . . . bottled water and wine up to $12 a glass!!!! Not just the house wine. . .

4) Ultimate Package - $65/day - same as Premium, but adds fresh juice, Red Bull and Specialty coffees & teas!

-All of the prices include the 15% gratuities!!!!

Do you remember the agents name you spoke with. I tried calling and they said they had nothing that made mention of changing the packages.

No, I didn't catch her name. Sorry, wish I would have. It was the C&A number I called and she acted as if she had been asked this question before. Her response was very quick.

I really hope this is accurate! I was planning to do the premium package anyway but the option of better wine for me and bottled water for the hubs makes it a no brainer! Yay!

I hope so too! She read it off of a paper. . . . So it sounded legit!

I hope so too! She read it off of a paper. . . . So it sounded legit!

I just did a live chat and they confirmed the addition of the $65 package, said it will launch 11/15 and the $55 package will still be available.

I have already pre-purchased the premium beverage package for our Feb '14 cruise. Will be interesting to see if I have to cancel that and re-book the new premium package, or if we automatically get bumped to the new premium package that includes bottled water.

I don't do wine, Red Bull, or coffee, so the Ultimate doesn't interest me much. The bottled water being added to the Premium package is huge for me though.

Hope it is true!

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

HI ALL!

From what I can remember, as I didn't write it down. .

1) $20/day - Non-alcohol package - Fountain soda (With the Freestyle cup, specialty coffee & tea, fresh juice.

-All of the prices include the 15% gratuities!!!!

Hmmm. Is there still going to be a fountain soda only package? The $20/day is waaaaay out of line for what I'd drink as I don't drink coffee or tea. Now, if they'd include hot chocolate from the specialty coffee shop, we might be able to talk. ;)

I have already pre-purchased the premium beverage package for our Feb '14 cruise. Will be interesting to see if I have to cancel that and re-book the new premium package, or if we automatically get bumped to the new premium package that includes bottled water.

I don't do wine, Red Bull, or coffee, so the Ultimate doesn't interest me much. The bottled water being added to the Premium package is huge for me though.

Hope it is true!

Dan.

If the premium package price is the same,and it seems that it will be, and you still want it, then there should be no need to rebook. It should be fine the way that it is.

Do you remember the agents name you spoke with. I tried calling and they said they had nothing that made mention of changing the packages.

So strange I sat on hold for 20 min while they looked for the answer! Thanks for the info

Clearly, there is only one packet, and it was in use! ;) :D

I really hope this is accurate! I was planning to do the premium package anyway but the option of better wine for me and bottled water for the hubs makes it a no brainer! Yay!

Just wanted to be sure that you are clear on how it works, Ashley.

Each person in the cabin must purchase the package.

Where do you get this specialty coffee? Is there a limit as to the number of total drinks we can have in each package?

I'll answer the second question first: no.

The first depends on the ship that you are on. Unless the limit the venue (and I doubt that), you can get specialty coffee in:

The MDR

Specialty restaurants

Café Lattetudes

Promenade Café

area adjoining Sorrento's (don't know if it has its own name)

Seems strange that the non alcohol package goes from $6.50/day to$20/day just for specialty coffee. Hopefully they have just the soda package still. Kids don't drink any and neither do I.

I am thinking that it includes non-alcoholic drinks: virgin bloody mary, virgin pina colada, etc.

Just wanted to be sure that you are clear on how it works, Ashley.

Each person in the cabin must purchase the package.

Yes i did know that! I didn't mean to make it sound like I only wanted one package. I just meant hubs and I had different reasons for liking the changes. Thank you though!

$20/day the cheapest option? We've never cruised before but are narrowed down to Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, or maybe Norweigian depending on what all is available last minute in March. I had assumed we would do a beverage package. I don't usually drink much besides water but thought I might need more options if I get seasick.

But for $200 I think we will pass!! Yikes!

Hmmm. Is there still going to be a fountain soda only package? The $20/day is waaaaay out of line for what I'd drink as I don't drink coffee or tea. Now, if they'd include hot chocolate from the specialty coffee shop, we might be able to talk. ;)

The $20 includes fountain soda, bottled water, still 500ml and sparking 375ml, premium coffee and tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and non alcoholic cocktails.

$40 beer and wine up to $8 per glass, fountain soda

$55 cocktails, wine to $12 per glass, frozen and non alcoholic cocktails, bottled water, soda package

$65 all of the above