C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

I don't drink alcohol, or drink tea/coffee, but we LOVE the frozen virgin drinks like Pina Coladas, Daquaris, etc. So, please forgive the newbie question: Are all virgin drinks blended with ice in the blender? It's frozen paradise on a hot Caribbean day. I see virgin cocktails are included in the $20 package. Am I in luck?

I would certainly buy the "replenish" package for $20 pp if it included the virgin blender drinks. Assistance?

I just called in, here are some details.

• Premium package stays largely the same, with the addition of half-liter water bottles.
  • Classic is $5 cheaper. Does not include water bottles.
  • New $20 "Replenish" has premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), soda, virgin drinks, OJ
  • New Ultimate package at $65 is Premium+Replenish
  • Coke freestyle machine now open for all packages
  • Old soda package is the same.
  • Can be purchased up the the 4th-to-last day onboard (pro-rated)
  • Items costing in excess of the package terms have the covered amount discounted (e.g. package covers cocktails up to $10, you buy a $12 drink, you pay $2)
  • All can be purchased singly, no need for all adults to buy

This all sounds great. Thanks for the information.

I may have over-looked it in one of the threads/posts, but when is the projected roll-out of the upgraded packages?

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

I did specifically ask about Starbucks, and was told that it is NOT included in any package.

Deal Killer LOL!!! I love Starbucks!

Actually, I would still go with a package, but, I do like to get a bucket of beer a few times a day on a trip like this and find a nice secluded spot to lounge in the sun with my beautiful wife and a good book. My only issue with these programs, and these are only my issue and I also understand the cruise lines view and others don't care, is that you can only get one drink at a time. Just don't want to be hiking it to the bar for a refill or flagging down a server with each beer, but thats just my preference.

This all sounds great. Thanks for the information.

I may have over-looked it in one of the threads/posts, but when is the projected roll-out of the upgraded packages?

Dan.

Nov 15th is the date I read.. at least to be announced then..not sure on roll out date?

Edited by chellecruise12
corrected post

I really like the ability to purchase for each individual!

And since I posted my responses I talked to my husband about all the beverage choices and he says why not just get the one that includes all the fun non alcoholic bevs? His budget for this cruise is higher than I had anticipated haha. SO glad I asked him!

Would mimosas be categorized as a drink or orange juice? I love to have a mimosa at breakfast (hold the orange juice). Now I'm thinking about getting premium for my trip on Allure in January.

Are you serious? It's definitely considered an alcoholic beverage.

I'm confused re the Starbucks issue. On Mariner, the 'Starbucks' is adajcent to Cafe Promenade and thats where you get the specialty coffee. I dont recall the Cafe itself making coffeee - only the self serve stuff. However, the Starbucks is really not a Starbucks - manned by RCI staff and the coffee served doesnt really match the land based equivalent. I was interested in the $20 package but if the Starbucks is not included, I wont bother

Cocker Spaniel...

Starbucks will not be part of the coffee package... I can guarantee it! Starbucks will continue to accept their gift card and loyalty program, but it will not be part of any beverage package.

Timtam.. On the Allure it is an actual full service Starbucks serving lattes and all the "official" Starbucks beverages.

Edited by Pebbles468

HI ALL!

and wine up to $12 a glass!!!! Not just the house wine. . .

Very excited about this! We recently booked a TA with the premium package as a perk, and only after found out about the previous limitation to house wine. We were very disappointed about that. Now I assume we'll now be able to get wine in Vintages, which is one of our favorite places to hang out!

Cocker Spaniel...

Starbucks will not be part of the coffee package... I can guarantee it! Starbucks will continue to accept their gift card and loyalty program, but it will not be part of any beverage package.

Timtam.. On the Allure it is an actual full service Starbucks serving lattes and all the "official" Starbucks beverages.

Starbucks on Enchantment wasn't part of the Starbucks cashier system and was unable to take the SB card. Have you had a different experience?

Starbucks on Enchantment wasn't part of the Starbucks cashier system and was unable to take the SB card. Have you had a different experience?

If I understand correctly it is only the Starbucks on Allure that is part of the true Starbucks chain. This is why you can use gift cards, get loyalty points, etc.

All other ships have a Cafe Lattetudes/Promenade Cafe that BREW and sell either Starbucks or Seattles Best.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please :D

Seems strange that the non alcohol package goes from $6.50/day to$20/day just for specialty coffee. Hopefully they have just the soda package still. Kids don't drink any and neither do I.

A $4 fresh OJ, couple of lattes at $5 each or so depending on what goes in and a couple of bottles of water per day, and I can EASILY see that $20 package being met.

Any idea if the "refresh" pkg is available at a children's price? My kids love their virgin strawberry daiquiris & freshly squeezed oj. Speaking of oj is it actually freshly squeezed in the kitchen & brought out or is it the stuff that has been pre-squeezed & bottled?

A $4 fresh OJ, couple of lattes at $5 each or so depending on what goes in and a couple of bottles of water per day, and I can EASILY see that $20 package being met.

Totally agree! Seems to be a great package for non or light drinkers.

Any idea if the "refresh" pkg is available at a children's price? My kids love their virgin strawberry daiquiris & freshly squeezed oj. Speaking of oj is it actually freshly squeezed in the kitchen & brought out or is it the stuff that has been pre-squeezed & bottled?

We did Celebrity this summer and both my teens & I had the equivalent of this package and I paid the same price for all of us. There was no separate pricing.

Yep easy peasy - I had the equivalent of this package on Celebrity - I easily hit the amount between the waters and coffee.

Would mimosas be categorized as a drink or orange juice? I love to have a mimosa at breakfast (hold the orange juice). Now I'm thinking about getting premium for my trip on Allure in January.

They were "cocktail" back in August on Rhapsody. Could be had with premium drinks package, but not classic.

How long pre-squeezed? Seldom more than an hour or two before at big meal times. Some accommodation for prep work is to be expected, but the principle gets followed; they're not squeezing it in a commissary in Miami and bringing it aboard in cartons instead of actual oranges and calling it fresh that way. :D