C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

The $20 includes fountain soda, bottled water, still 500ml and sparking 375ml, premium coffee and tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and non alcoholic cocktails.

$40 beer and wine up to $8 per glass, fountain soda

$55 cocktails, wine to $12 per glass, frozen and non alcoholic cocktails, bottled water, soda package

$65 all of the above

Thanks for the summary, still seems like more than I would spend.

$20/day the cheapest option? We've never cruised before but are narrowed down to Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, or maybe Norweigian depending on what all is available last minute in March. I had assumed we would do a beverage package. I don't usually drink much besides water but thought I might need more options if I get seasick.

But for $200 I think we will pass!! Yikes!

If you're drinking only water and maybe ginger ale for an upset tummy, please buy by the drink, not the package. Soda is maybe 2.50 per can, water is about 3.50 per bottle.

Just wanted to be sure that you are clear on how it works, Ashley.

Each person in the cabin must purchase the package.

Hmmm... I always thought that was true, but I've read a couple of posts where people say it varies ship to ship... if you book in advance, all must purchase, but onboard, revenue has some latitude to sell to one only.

As a non-drinker, I'm glad to hear this. I'm sure they make exceptions for those who are pregnant, but there are many who don't drink for other reasons (health, religion, recovery) yet don't want to limit their cabin mates from being able to order the package.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Hmmm... I always thought that was true, but I've read a couple of posts where people say it varies ship to ship... if you book in advance, all must purchase, but onboard, revenue has some latitude to sell to one only.

As a non-drinker, I'm glad to hear this. I'm sure they make exceptions for those who are pregnant, but there are many who don't drink for other reasons (health, religion, recovery) yet don't want to limit their cabin mates from being able to order the package.

That is how it was on Liberty last month. Both had to buy online. But once on board one could buy an individual package.

Just take a letter from your doctor, certifying you are unable to drink for whatever reason, and you will be excluded from purchasing a package. ;)

That was going to be my next question! How much are drinks individually. Hmmm. Apparently celebrity still has a basic soda package. My husband looooves his tea and coke so I will probably be stuck with what he wants anyway haha.

I would not rule out the basic soda package. I suspect that will still remain. This seems like it's trying to cover all the available adult packages and not the general purpose packages.

$20/day the cheapest option? We've never cruised before but are narrowed down to Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, or maybe Norweigian depending on what all is available last minute in March. I had assumed we would do a beverage package. I don't usually drink much besides water but thought I might need more options if I get seasick.

But for $200 I think we will pass!! Yikes!

That just means that you won't buy a package; you'll buy drinks as you want them.

Does that rate a "yikes"?

Unfortunately,there is lying and abuse of this as well. Someone reported on a thread today that he saw someone tell the bartender who was selling him the package that his wife was a recovering alcoholic and never drank. He was able to buy just one package.

The poster saw this couple all over the ship, sharing the package.

:(

Seems strange that the non alcohol package goes from $6.50/day to$20/day just for specialty coffee. Hopefully they have just the soda package still. Kids don't drink any and neither do I.

Apparently, you can still order the original soda pkg online in your "my cruises" acct. If I order the beverage pkg for my May cruise now, I'm just hoping they won't charge me the difference once this "new beverage Package" goes into effect:confused:

Unfortunately,there is lying and abuse of this as well. Someone reported on a thread today that he saw someone tell the bartender who was selling him the package that his wife was a recovering alcoholic and never drank. He was able to buy just one package.

The poster saw this couple all over the ship, sharing the package.

:(

You'd think he could come up with a better lie, like she is pregnant. My wife is a recovering alcoholic so I'm gonna buy an unlimited alcohol package and get stinking drunk all week in front of her? :confused:

You'd think he could come up with a better lie, like she is pregnant. My wife is a recovering alcoholic so I'm gonna buy an unlimited alcohol package and get stinking drunk all week in front of her? :confused:

Well, what kind of creepy husband would say that his wife is pregnant and can't drink and then get stinking drunk all week in front of her???

The $20 includes fountain soda, bottled water, still 500ml and sparking 375ml, premium coffee and tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and non alcoholic cocktails.

$40 beer and wine up to $8 per glass, fountain soda

$55 cocktails, wine to $12 per glass, frozen and non alcoholic cocktails, bottled water, soda package

$65 all of the above

Very happy about the $20 package. Due to travelling with a toddler with autism I can't drink as I need to be reasonsible for him at all times. This means I can drink non alcoholic cocktails! Hope hubby can get the beer & wine package just for himself. No we are not planning on cheating RCCL but just trying to ensure that I'm sober and able to care for our son.

Just received an email from RCCL telling me that 21/11/13 is a date that will be music to my ears.

Did your email have any confirmation of the packages? The additional $10 pp / day over the premium to go ultimate seems a lot just to have coffees / red bull and juices. You would have to make sure you spend at least $10 on these products everyday in addition to the $55 of other beverages to make it worth while. The premium package seems the better option and then buy a latte or 2 a day separately.

That just means that you won't buy a package; you'll buy drinks as you want them.

Does that rate a "yikes"?

For us it means I went on and bought the soda package last night so I shouldn't have to worry about the change.

Edited by Nemomof3

Did your email have any confirmation of the packages? The additional $10 pp / day over the premium to go ultimate seems a lot just to have coffees / red bull and juices. You would have to make sure you spend at least $10 on these products everyday in addition to the $55 of other beverages to make it worth while. The premium package seems the better option and then buy a latte or 2 a day separately.

No. It just gave the info I stated. Nothing else.

Edited by Frankmac

Yeah I think that a minimum of $200 extra for two people on a five day cruise for unlimited beverages that are basic cokes and juices as the only choice rates a yikes. I know it includes non alcoholic cocktails it just seems like overkill of choices for a basic plan.

Why would the minimum choice include so many specialty drinks? A basic soda package seems really fair and $40/day for a couple minimum is a high price IMO as the "only" choice for any type of unlimited.

If the cokes cost $2.50 a can and we each have a few a day yes that's cheaper to buy by the can but what about sipping slowly or a bit at a time it seems I would need to buy more than I need in order to keep them cold and fresh etc.

How do the fountain drinks work for non package purchase? Refills? Just trying to get a clear picture for cost comparison.

I seriously hope this doesn't eliminate the soda only package. I can't do $20 a day for soda and juice for my son. Much more cost efficient for us to do the soda only package and get just a glass of juice with breakfast in the morning. He's not a big juice drinker. I think I'm going to pre-purchase the soda package just in case. Wasn't planning on doing that now, but $32 or so is a lot more palatable to me that $140.