Smoking?

ltprn

There are designated smoking areas. One side is smoking and one side is non smoking. There should be signs and ash trays are setting on the outside tables where it is OK to smoke. The closer you get to the pool, the harder it is to smoke because of how close the lounge chairs are placed together but step back away and you can sit at a table and still be near the pool area.

Carol

In a rubber tube towed 100yds behind the ship. God here we go again...another smoking thread.

Ciao for now!!!

Mybe a couple of Tenders placed permanently Aft on the Ocean.Making certain they stay as healthy as the rest of us in the beautiful fresh fresh air :D

Mybe a couple of Tenders placed permanently Aft on the Ocean.Making certain they stay as healthy as the rest of us in the beautiful fresh fresh air :D

Now if the question was, where do you wish I would smoke, this is a good answer, but since the OP asks a speciic question, we owe it to her to give a legitmate answer, so that she has the information to stay within the guidelines of what the cruise line has established. Whether or not we approve of smoking or if it should be allowed at all is a whole other topic, that might be fuel for a new thread.

Carol

Just for the record, those of us who smoke ask these questions so that we don't annoy the people who dislike smoking and so that we can stay within the rules. One of the first things I did when I was reading up for my cruise this week on the Diamond was to make sure I understood the smoking policy so I didn't smoke where I wasn't supposed to. I fully recognize that I'm doing something that makes some folks quite unhappy to be around, so I don't do it anywhere where it becomes an issue. Cut the OP some slack....he asked where by the pool he could smoke instead of just lighting up. THAT I could understand people getting annoyed at.

Thanks to those of you who gave an honest answer and have taken my defense in the nasty responses that I received.

Yes, I only asked for an answer to my question - I didn't ask if anyone approved of smoking, nor did I even state that I smoked! How would you know? I may have been asking for someone else that is in my party.

I am a southerner - call me a redneck if you want - but I am proud of where I am from and was taught - "If you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all". The world would be a much better place if we all could live by this rule!

I really enjoy the help I get on this board, however, it is really disappointing to see myself and others attacked because of their questions. I read another post where someone was actually made fun of for asking the price of a Coke card! Well, they are probably like myself - NOT rich, like some of you, and need to know these things!

In closing - to those of you who despise smoking - I am sure that YOU have some bad habits that I WOULD NOT approve of!

I've had my say - thanks for listening.

IMHO, thank you for asking the question. I quit smoking 15 years ago and now the smell of smoke really bothers me. Will be on the Diamond July 23-30 and will avoid the smoking areas. Enjoy your cig, I know I did before I quit. I won't throw ice chips at you if you don't blow smoke in my face. Have a great cruise!:D

Thanks to those of you who gave an honest answer and have taken my defense in the nasty responses that I received.

Yes, I only asked for an answer to my question - I didn't ask if anyone approved of smoking, nor did I even state that I smoked! How would you know? I may have been asking for someone else that is in my party.

I am a southerner - call me a redneck if you want - but I am proud of where I am from and was taught - "If you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all". The world would be a much better place if we all could live by this rule!

I really enjoy the help I get on this board, however, it is really disappointing to see myself and others attacked because of their questions. I read another post where someone was actually made fun of for asking the price of a Coke card! Well, they are probably like myself - NOT rich, like some of you, and need to know these things!

In closing - to those of you who despise smoking - I am sure that YOU have some bad habits that I WOULD NOT approve of!

You are welcome. A legitimate question deserves a legitimate answer. Thank you for asking the question, in the first place.

Carol

Ok just remember those that smoke can move around every area of the ship.Others that have genuine allergic reactions to smoke are restricted to certain areas, one banned area 'Wheelhouse,'which is one of the important meeting areas of the ship :cool:

kruisey, I dont follow what you mean in your post, can you please clarify?

Allergies.........I myself was tested for Allergies many years ago and found out the reason in the presence of smokers......my eyes go red and weepy....my throat fills up with mucus and my throat gets sore......... I am not alone...........

My sentiments exactly. Too often lately I have been finding some questions are judged, the responses are judged, the people who respond are judged. Unreal! Would be nice to just get the responses, thank you very much. Actually the Europe forum I have been finding has been great in that respect, all questions receive prompt, helpful and courteous responses.

Allergies.........I myself was tested for Allergies many years ago and found out the reason in the presence of smokers......my eyes go red and weepy....my throat fills up with mucus and my throat gets sore......... I am not alone...........

I am sorry that you have this allergy. I myself have tested off the scale for allergies to dust and dust mites. If I have a particulary strong reaction (which is similar to the reaction you experience around smokers), I simply leave the area if possible or understand that this is something I have to live with if I cannot leave. Does it please me to have to leave somewhere because my allergies are acting up? No, of course not. But I also understand that this is my particular reaction and that people have the right to do what they wish in an area I am not in control of. It would be great for me if they had "dust" and "no dust" areas the way they do with smoking. You are luckier than I am.

I am sorry that you have this allergy. I myself have tested off the scale for allergies to dust and dust mites. If I have a particulary strong reaction (which is similar to the reaction you experience around smokers), I simply leave the area if possible or understand that this is something I have to live with if I cannot leave. Does it please me to have to leave somewhere because my allergies are acting up? No, of course not. But I also understand that this is my particular reaction and that people have the right to do what they wish in an area I am not in control of. It would be great for me if they had "dust" and "no dust" areas the way they do with smoking. You are luckier than I am.

OK you are not alone for dust and mites....I was just trying to get the point around that smokers are lucky they have access to the whole ship.

OK you are not alone for dust and mites....I was just trying to get the point around that smokers are lucky they have access to the whole ship.

Should they not? Smokers are people too you know, not selfish, inhumane mongrols. Most of them that I know are very conscientious of what they do and respect the wishes of others. Should they be segregated and discriminated against like non whites once were? I think not.

I am asthmatic. My biggest trigger is perfume. My allergies are also pretty bad. When anywhere dusty, my throat closes up and my eyes turn red and watery. Does that mean that I want all the perfume wearers to not have access to the whole ship? Does that mean I will start demaning dust-free public rooms? You must be joking. I know what bothers me, and I avoid it. I do not make others live their lives to accomidate my likes and dislikes.

Smokers are people too you know, not selfish, inhumane mongrols.

Somehow why did I know it would eventually turn into this....:rolleyes: Can you imagine if we did a combined thread for Formal Night Smokers that don't adhere to the "suggested" dress code....I think there would be a SONIC KABOOM on here!:D

OK, sorry 'bout the tube comment BUT only a joke gang!!!

I was an Air Traffic Controller and smoked for 14 years while I drank coffee and chewed on the end of a pencil, so I've been there too.

Like others I am now quasi allergic to the smoke but never the people. That is their choice in life. I have no qualms or problems with smokers...only the inconsiderate ones, so if I hurt anyone's feelings it was not intended for those who are considerate of non-smokers.

HOWEVER, with that in mind...all the inconsiderate smokers can jump off the stern and head directly for the rubber tube I mentioned before.

Enjoy your cruise folks, and as previously mentioned yes the smoking areas are generally restricted to open deck areas and on one side of the vessel only. On some cruiselines where there is a Lido pool and hot tubs astern, smoking is also allowed in that area.

Ciao for now!!!

OK, sorry 'bout the tube comment BUT only a joke gang!!!

I was an Air Traffic Controller and smoked for 14 years while I drank coffee and chewed on the end of a pencil, so I've been there too.

Like others I am now quasi allergic to the smoke but never the people. That is their choice in life. I have no qualms or problems with smokers...only the inconsiderate ones, so if I hurt anyone's feelings it was not intended for those who are considerate of non-smokers.

HOWEVER, with that in mind...all the inconsiderate smokers can jump off the stern and head directly for the rubber tube I mentioned before.

Enjoy your cruise folks, and as previously mentioned yes the smoking areas are generally restricted to open deck areas and on one side of the vessel only. On some cruiselines where there is a Lido pool and hot tubs astern, smoking is also allowed in that area.

Ciao for now!!!

Thanks Ron, that's what the OP wanted to know. Appreciate you checked back in.

They smoke in enclosed areas.

Smoking has been proved to be detrimental to everyones health.

Understand it is an addicted habit....do have empathy for those that find it hard to give up.

When the word against smoking is brought up on this web site....it seems those that support 'No Smoking' are the evil doowers.When we are really very caring people....that maybe personally have experienced the results of smokings damage to another human being.

Archived