Costa Rica Nov 30 preview/review

Jim Avery

Received the documents so it is finally time to get excited about our r/t Caldera voyage. Here's hoping the current engine problem is solved quickly and does not include any further delays or cancellations.:eek: I was expecting e-docs but received a nice package from our TA with the blue leatherette folio and a couple of new baggage tags. Call me old fashioned but I still like the physical folder/paperwork. E-docs just feel like a receipt from Best Buy.:eek: So, who is on this one? Mcavanaugh is aboard and we are meeting at the hotel in San Jose. Never been to CR before so are looking forward to this. Well, that and the food on SD, the spoiling, etc. More as this progresses and we get news of the engine repair.

Hi Jim: What's the story about engine trouble? HOw did you hear about it and what is SeaDream saying? Is this really something we should be worrying about? Best to you and Lois. Maxine

Last week something happened to one of the engines. It caused the group on board from Barbados to miss a couple of stops. Vandrefalk is on board and she reports it as she thinks it is a crankshaft. She says it will be a few weeks before it is repaired. They are on schedule now and should not have any problems in Costa Rica as the distances between stops are very short. The ship can make about 9 knots on one engine. It should be ok. I have not had any official word from SeaDream so I don't anticipate any delays. Keep your fingers crossed.

J.

Received the email from SD about names on pajamas. Pajamas are a nice touch and I prefer having Jim on them instead of James. In reality, I do not wear the pajamas much. Well, with the exception of one really good Pajama Party at the TOY Bar. Does anyone else really use them or is it just a nice souvenir?:D

Well, first I heard about PJs was on CC!

(never got them on our 1st SD cruise)

Booked in for Jan 2014, but how will they know my size?

(I don't actually wear PJs anyway, except flying long haul)

Well, first I heard about PJs was on CC!

(never got them on our 1st SD cruise)

Booked in for Jan 2014, but how will they know my size?

(I don't actually wear PJs anyway, except flying long haul)

Strange you did not get them. Must have been a supply issue. As they say, "one size fits most". I am 6' 4", Frequent Traveler is, well, less. We have both managed to fit in them.:eek:

I have had so many pair by now. I just do not wear them! I asked for them to not do any for us but they still did. On the last cruise I had so much stuff I was taking home, I just left ours on board. Sure would like free internet rather than PJ's!

I have had so many pair by now. I just do not wear them! I asked for them to not do any for us but they still did. On the last cruise I had so much stuff I was taking home, I just left ours on board. Sure would like free internet rather than PJ's!

Now that is a great idea!!!:D

Very difficult to post Onboard. Internet slow or non existent. But everything seems to be fine. Yes, we have only one engine but the ports here in Costa Rica are close and we seem to be having no trouble making ports on schedule. You will be fine.

Well, Jim, not James - have you been on SD since they changed to dark blue jammies? Assuming there have no changes since last summer. I like those much better than the replacement blue and white. the original blue and white were very very nice, but then when they changed suppliers, the material was low grade and not nearly as soft or substantial. But the dark blue are wearable, especially in the winter but oh, yeah, I forgot you now live where there are no winters!

FT

P.S. Safe travels, have fun, and after all the grief you give everyone else on board, there better be detailed daily postings :)

Well, Jim, not James - have you been on SD since they changed to dark blue jammies? Assuming there have no changes since last summer. I like those much better than the replacement blue and white. the original blue and white were very very nice, but then when they changed suppliers, the material was low grade and not nearly as soft or substantial. But the dark blue are wearable, especially in the winter but oh, yeah, I forgot you now live where there are no winters!

FT

P.S. Safe travels, have fun, and after all the grief you give everyone else on board, there better be detailed daily postings :)

Have not had the new style yet. Looking forward to it. We are leaving next Friday for CR. And I will do my best to report up to your standards.:eek: Actually, I will not. I don't have ZQVOL as official photographer.:D

....We are leaving next Friday for CR. And I will do my best to report up to your standards.:eek:

Jim, have a great trip... and if the internet isn't working just {{YELL REALLY LOUD!!}} so we can keep up with all your activities, both on and off the ship. :D;) Enjoy!!

I know you will have a fabulous trip Jim. I hope you can report while on board but SD has a lot of work to do on that first. If not we will look forward to hearing about it when you return. I didn't go on many of the excursions but I will comment on those I did when we are home on Wednesday

I've recycled all the old pjs -- given the new ones to friends and neighbors -- and still have a drawer full! I love them -- wear them all winter!

Hope you like Costa Rica -- it was beautiful -- sort of reminded me of the Philippines. But it was so much hotter and humid than the Caribbean that I found I had real issues. Poor Doramus was going through shirts at a very fast clip -- as were the rest of the guys. Somehow, Pierre always looked fresh!

Hope they get the internet fixed. It was a royal pain never being able to connect, but I know they were trying everything they could to get it working.

Sorry Jim will miss the Auburn-Alabama game :D WDE!

Vandrefalk

Our TA just informed us we have been bumped up to 415! Never sailed on 4 deck before. :D

The good news is your cabin will be furthest away from the piano bar but you'll have a very easy "commute" from your cabin to the spa and gym, in case you feel like being pampered or working off that 1 lb + gain per day! :eek::D

The good news is your cabin will be furthest away from the piano bar but you'll have a very easy "commute" from your cabin to the spa and gym, in case you feel like being pampered or working off that 1 lb + gain per day! :eek::D

there is a gym??:eek::D