Island Princess

lovetotraveltx

Where will ISLAND PRINCESS be dry-docked??

In Europe?

It looks like she may be in Eruope in 2015 - she is showing up in the port schedule of Funchal the 18th of Nov, 2015:

http://www.portosdamadeira.com/index2.php?t=2&l=uk

It is very confusing, because temporary you could book her until May 2015!! :confused::confused::confused:

She is also showing up in Rome!! :eek: :eek: Sad that she may leave Alaska :( - but Princess needs a ship for Venice.

Edited by celebrity_fan

I do hope they have a way to keep performing "On the Bayou". In our 33 Princess cruises, we found this the best show ever.:D

I feel the same way & hope they'll modify if for the Princess Theater. I always saw "Motor City" in the Vista Lounge & they modified it for the Princess Theater so why not "On the Bayou" which so many of us enjoy. :)

I feel the same way & hope they'll modify if for the Princess Theater. I always saw "Motor City" in the Vista Lounge & they modified it for the Princess Theater so why not "On the Bayou" which so many of us enjoy. :)

And then maybe they could expand it to other ships - I'd see it every cruise.:D

And keep it at its orginal length, not chop it down to about 30 minutes.

I could have missed something but I don't see any cruises from march 21, 2015 through April 20, 2015. Is that enough time, and would they dry dock in Ft. Lauderdale?

I checked the Princess website today. The Island is doing a 15 day Panama Canal Full Transit 3/21/15 thru 4/5/15 FLL to LA and a 15 day going back to FLL 4/15 thru 4/20/15. I do not see a gap in the schedule.

Where will ISLAND PRINCESS be dry-docked??

In Europe?

It looks like she may be in Eruope in 2015 - she is showing up in the port schedule of Funchal the 18th of Nov, 2015:

http://www.portosdamadeira.com/index2.php?t=2&l=uk

It is very confusing, because temporary you could book her until May 2015!! :confused::confused:

She is also showing up in Rome!! :eek: :eek: Sad that she may leave Alaska :( - but Princess needs a ship for Venice.

Island Princess is also shown as scheduled on March 29th 2015 in Funchal - but on the Princess website it's showing the Panama canal transit :confused:

Definitely looks like a possible move to Europe.....

Island Princess is also shown as scheduled on March 29th 2015 in Funchal - but on the Princess website it's showing the Panama canal transit :confused:

Definitely looks like a possible move to Europe.....

WOW!?

Wondering that the Panama Canal cruises are still open for sale :confused:

I do not really like the fact that she may move to Europe... she is the perfect ship for Alaska, according to many passenger feedbacks.

Also the port schedule of Civitavecchia/Rome shows her several times.

Than I expect a remarkable changement regarding the deployment of the Princess ships:

REGAL is very likely to sail the 11-night-Baltic-cruise out of Copenhagen.

ROYAL seems to sail out of Southampton on th 12 night British isles/Norway itineraries.

RUBY could be an option for Alaska to replace ISLAND PRINCESS - than on the "Voyage of the Glaciers" between Vancouver and Anchorage, CROWN, RUBY, CORAL PRINCESS would be operating...

ISLAND could do the itineraries between Venice and Barcelona than...

rome.jpg.31da3899e36c3aab5e7cd520d3150e42.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Is there an update on the drydock for the Island? I was looking at a Panama Canal cruise, and the Princess website lists the Island doing a partial that leaves FLL on October 12, followed by a 4 day Caribbean on October 23, and then a full transit leaving on October 27, which seems to account for the ship during the extended drydock - there doesn't seem to be any gaps in the schedule after that prior to the end of 2014. Any thoughts?

I've looked at several threads for the Island dry dock schedule, and see conflicting reports. I am sailing Jan 20, 2015 from FLL on a 15 day full Panama transit ending in LA. Does anyone know where I can find out if the dry dock will be completed by then? Thanks

Berni

I've looked at several threads for the Island dry dock schedule, and see conflicting reports. I am sailing Jan 20, 2015 from FLL on a 15 day full Panama transit ending in LA. Does anyone know where I can find out if the dry dock will be completed by then? Thanks

Berni

There are currently no gaps in the Island Princess schedule through May 2015 which means no dry-dock. Rumor has it the Island will be going to Europe in the spring of 2015. due to ship size limits being imposed in Venice. We will see when the schedules come out in March.

There are currently no gaps in the Island Princess schedule through May 2015 which means no dry-dock. Rumor has it the Island will be going to Europe in the spring of 2015. due to ship size limits being imposed in Venice. We will see when the schedules come out in March.

I am just wondering that, according to information in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976334 , ISLAND PRINCESS will stay in Alaska - at least according to one user who has spoken to Princess. :confused:

I am just wondering that, according to information in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976334 , ISLAND PRINCESS will stay in Alaska - at least according to one user who has spoken to Princess. :confused:

I hope you are right the Island is a good ship for Alaska. I am on the Panama Canal Full transit in April/May 2015 that ends in Vancouver. I am a little worried that the last 2 dry-docks were cancelled. The Island was last in dry-dock in October 2010. I was hoping the Island would have the renovations done that the Coral had done before my cruise.