Have you had your reservation locked?

temple1

I spent a good deal of time this morning speaking with several individuals at Royal who are to help with web problems. I've not been able to access my Dec cruise for several days. I originally thought it was because I was trying on a Saturday. No luck Sunday, MOnday or Tuesday. Called today and she wanted DH's date of birth. Gave it to her, she took a little time and said it was unlocked, give it a go. I hung up and - voila! Still locked.

Called back, same department, agent took a very long time with me on hold etc. and she might have asked for DH's dob, and then she said, clear all cookies, log off and log back on and it should be fixed. So, I followed instructions and abracadabra! Still locked! Tried logging in on another computer, no luck.

Called again, same department. The agent asked for DH's dob. I told her I gave it to the first person I spoke with. This agent said it wasn't updated and when I gave it to her she said it was trying to change the rate. Odd, cruise is paid for and DH is over 55. Unless it was a lower rate.... but she didn't say. This time she had me go to before you board. Flat out didn't try to fix the problem. Very annoying because I like going through my cruises. Yeah, I know, but still it is how I do things and did I mention I don't like change?

So, it seems I am able to update going through this way, but, no answer about fixing my reservation. My March reservation opens just fine, only the Dec.

Anyone else? Suggestions?

i've seen this happen for several reasons. Most of the reasons I could list don't last more than a day or so. Are you a member of the roll call group for your sailing? Someone there may know something that you haven't found yet.

Edited by BillOh

I spent a good deal of time this morning speaking with several individuals at Royal who are to help with web problems. I've not been able to access my Dec cruise for several days. I originally thought it was because I was trying on a Saturday. No luck Sunday, MOnday or Tuesday. Called today and she wanted DH's date of birth. Gave it to her, she took a little time and said it was unlocked, give it a go. I hung up and - voila! Still locked.

Called back, same department, agent took a very long time with me on hold etc. and she might have asked for DH's dob, and then she said, clear all cookies, log off and log back on and it should be fixed. So, I followed instructions and abracadabra! Still locked! Tried logging in on another computer, no luck.

Called again, same department. The agent asked for DH's dob. I told her I gave it to the first person I spoke with. This agent said it wasn't updated and when I gave it to her she said it was trying to change the rate. Odd, cruise is paid for and DH is over 55. Unless it was a lower rate.... but she didn't say. This time she had me go to before you board. Flat out didn't try to fix the problem. Very annoying because I like going through my cruises. Yeah, I know, but still it is how I do things and did I mention I don't like change?

So, it seems I am able to update going through this way, but, no answer about fixing my reservation. My March reservation opens just fine, only the Dec.

I am having the same problem as you. We upgraded to a JS for our December sailing 6 days ago and I haven't been able to get in to that reservation since. I can get in to later reservations without issue. I have called 3 times and I have been through the steps you mention, but this has accomplished nothing. Today the phone representative told me to request help directly from the web site. She did warn me ahead of time that I might not hear anything for 72 hours (I don't consider that acceptable). If they give you a solution please pop back in and update this and I will do the same.

Paul in Jacksonville, FL

I have had that happen a couple of times, and I have never received a solution. They have just told me that everything looks good on their end and if I would like to make a change or receive a confirmation to just call in. This time, I can not access it because it is a back 2 back cruise.

Edited by CanadianMommyof2

Same problem here:mad:

Not been able to access my booking since RCL did global updating on their web site about 3 weeks ago.

Been in contact with them for the last 14 days, and they are still working on the problem:cool:

Hope they get it fixed soon.

Same problem here:mad:

Not been able to access my booking since RCL did global updating on their web site about 3 weeks ago.

Been in contact with them for the last 14 days, and they are still working on the problem:cool:

Hope they get it fixed soon.

Same here. Except after calling when it started, didn't bother anymore.

Same thing here. Luckily I printed our Set Sail Passes and other documentation about three days before the website went down. (We sail this Sat) We have a fifth person on our reservation, so we have two different reservations (max is 4 per). I can access the "fifth" person's reservation with no problem, but the main one for the rest of us I can't touch and haven't been able to for weeks.

Not too worried, since I heard you don't even need your documentation at check-in, but still a little frustrating. Thought it would be cleared up by now.

Either way, we're cruising, and that's ALL that matters... I've called in dining and spa reservations, and that was pretty simple..

It's not been working for me either and I have cleared all cookies etc. The only thing I can get is our booking numbers but when I try to look at the booking I then get:

cor_systemerror_ico.gifThe system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

Instead of logging in like normal, go to the Before you Board banner at the top of the RC Homepage. Make sure you are logged out. Click online check-in. You will have to put in Name, Reservation #& Sailing date. You should get in. I know hard to believe RC is having issues with their web page.;)

Instead of logging in like normal, go to the Before you Board banner at the top of the RC Homepage. Make sure you are logged out. Click online check-in. You will have to put in Name, Reservation #& Sailing date. You should get in. I know hard to believe RC is having issues with their web page.;)

Thanks! That worked for me!

While I can do this and get to my online check-in, I am still unable to see make a payment options or any other options that I usually can do online.

I can not see my payments so far, credits, or when final payment (and what that may be) should be made.

I have had this problem since the website upgrade....very frustrating!

While I can do this and get to my online check-in, I am still unable to see make a payment options or any other options that I usually can do online.

I can not see my payments so far, credits, or when final payment (and what that may be) should be made.

I have had this problem since the website upgrade....very frustrating!

I realize this is much less convenient, but you can call Royal and ask them to email you your booking confirmation. That will show your payments, outstanding balance, and final payment date. You can also pay over the phone when the time comes.

Edited by clarea

I realize this is much less convenient, but you can call Royal and ask them to email you your booking confirmation. That will show your payments, outstanding balance, and final payment date. You can also pay over the phone when the time comes.

While that may be fine for some.... I'm a control freak(that is why I book online and not with a TA, so I can be in control).

I also am OCD enough that I like to check "my cruises" at least weekly if not daily!

Its MY CRUISE, I should be able to view without calling all the time.

Hi guys,

I've have the same error message for the last 2 weeks. I've spoken to a few different people at RCI as well as emailed them.

Basically, the issue is accessing the reservation through 'My Cruises' they told me to go through 'before you board' and view it that way. This is fine but like someone else said you can't see the payment info etc.

The RCI person I last spoke with told me that 'my cruises' is not part of RCI (or at least their call centre) and they are unable to help. I asked that surely there is technical support for this as it's on the RCI website but he said no.

So....they couldn't help me :rolleyes:

While that may be fine for some.... I'm a control freak(that is why I book online and not with a TA, so I can be in control).

I also am OCD enough that I like to check "my cruises" at least weekly if not daily!

I'm exactly the same! :D

Its MY CRUISE, I should be able to view without calling all the time.

You are not alone in this club.:)

Same here on two of mine after their updates a few weeks ago. The same workaround is what I was told but as mentioned not able to look at payments (in fact at one point the cruise showed a price of 0).

Really don't like their website. Not sure why they have so many issues with it.

Had this same issue and got hold of someone who told me how to work around it. (They had a computer upgrade a month ago and having problems with it)

Go to RC website AND DON'T LOG IN.

Go to before you board and to countdown

Enter your res #, date of sailing, ship all manually

Then you should be able to see sailing info

Can't see if log in, etc

Hope this works as it did for me. :)