Live from 11/20 Divina: Photos!

LauraS

My elevator saga

4A64A751-A415-4CA7-80F4-28CD862DD6AD-17536-00000F03270879DA_zpsaba050be.jpg

You have to play 'beat the elevator' or 'race to open door' due to the design. You cant tell when it arrives due to recessed design. Funny stuff weve missed over half of them! Lol!

That looks like the Yacht Club priority lifts, where YC guests using their cruise cards (in the clearly visible card reader) get to override other calls So that may be one cause of the doors closing / opening quickly

Me using the YC lift card reader

P1030279.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here are a few more shots of the pay restaurant..Eataly...In my humble opinion it did not look like an exclusive steak house to me.....looked more like a diner...far too open and hardly any tables for two.......even the Cruise Director said it need to have a better atmosphere.....have been to Eataly in NYC and this does not even compare....sorry for the poor report....

1694230269_DivinaEataly.jpg.3a8e0673a053da66e9dd31a2ef60a4e5.jpg

2023999231_DivinaEatalyEntry.jpg.7600223e0a1af9b2c6cabd8e792a49cf.jpg

Although we all enjoy reading the positive posts versus the negative ones, I think reading the negative posts is also interesting....These experiences may not reoccur, MSC may have some things corrected before our cruises and of course, people are different.....Some things do not bother them as much as they do others.

Also, some of the people who are writing about their negative experiences were active in obtaining and providing information on these Boards before they cruised. I don't think they should be slammed because they are now venting about things that really were troublesome to them on their cruise.

Hopefully, we will receive full reviews including the good and the bad from these posters once they are settled back from their cruises.

Just my two cents and yes, I know I could have kept this to myself!

Barbara

Here are a few more shots of the pay restaurant..Eataly...In my humble opinion it did not look like an exclusive steak house to me.....looked more like a diner...far too open and hardly any tables for two.......even the Cruise Director said it need to have a better atmosphere.....have been to Eataly in NYC and this does not even compare....sorry for the poor report....

I was a bit disappointed at appearance of Eataly in photos.... I know that some of my friends like the similar "open", bright atmosphere of other NY restaurants ....I prefer something "cozier" and more intimate in appearance.

Barbara

Eatily is meant to be an Italian restaurant not a 'steak house'.

Hopefully someone will change the lighting.

Tim ... Nothing is colouring my posts, what is the point in telling people that everything in the garden is rosy, what happened to honesty ? nowhere have i said this was a bad cruise or a bad ship, yes it has its problems and probably more than it should have done. For me Divina is not as nice internally as the other two ships we have sailed on but that does not mean others will not like it or that i and others should not share our thoughts or views on it.

KevSue ... I am sure you will enjoy being on the Divina and as they say there is never a bad cruise but some are more memorable than others for various reasons, i see no point in telling people that the ship is wonderful and everything within it as some would have it. It is worth knowing the Good points as well as the issues that have arisen and i am sure there will be more along the way as more North American cruisers try out this ship.

More important will be the reviews form the first few weeks sailings which will be totally different from those of the transatlantic sailing especially because that was made up of Nationalities that outnumbered the English speaking ones who will more than likely not make a post reviews on CC.

Remember that MSC is only 12 years old compared to the likes of Royal and Carnival and it may well take the two years the ship will be in Miami to iron out the issues that people will no doubt highlight along the way.

Thank you for your honest reviews. Don't let others discourage you from stating your views. We will be on the Divina on 12-7, nothing that anyone says negative will stop us from cruising on her. We will have our own opinions, which I will not be afraid to post. This will be our first time on MSC and my 22 cruise.

We were just on the Royal Princess ship that all of the Princess cheerleaders were raving about. In my opinion, I didn't care for it.

Hannibal54 ... We were on our way back to the ship at St Maarten when a woman and her daughter asked us to take a photo of them, we got talking about which ships we were on and they were on the Royal Princess.

When we asked them about the food their reply was that it was rubbish especially in the MDR which was quite a surprise, has food on Princess sunk that low ?

The comments of the likes of motown voice and jc do not bother me it must be difficult living in perfection land where they all agree with each other.

Three cruises back to back with MSC hardly detests them does it ? though some people do not like being told the Truth and prefer to see things through Rose coloured glass.

Tim ... the eataly to which you refer is only a small place.

Edited by sidari

Thanks for all your comments sidari, lots of feedback on Divina at the moment but we will find out for ourselves March. Just noticed your dalek avatar -hope you are now home and watched the 50th anniversary programme last night!! :)

Hi KevSue ... yes i managed to catch the special last night, quite interesting to see John Hurt playing the original Doctor, just a shame a few of the others were not involved, i am sure Liz Sladen would have loved it had she not passed away.

With regard to Divina my mail address is below if you have any questions not answered on CC or in the reviews.

When we asked them about the food their reply was that it was rubbish especially in the MDR which was quite a surprise, has food on Princess sunk that low ?

The only problem we had with the food was one night in the MDR my GF's lamb was hard to cut and eat. They sent her another order, she wasn't able to eat it. Other than that, we had no problems with the food. We aren't picky eaters.

• Administrators
That looks like the Yacht Club priority lifts, where YC guests using their cruise cards (in the clearly visible card reader) get to override other calls So that may be one cause of the doors closing / opening quickly

Me using the YC lift card reader

P1030279.jpg

Pete

Just an fyi that I used that picture to show how the elevator doors are recessed into the facade, which means you cannot see the door open. There is no audible sound (it's extremely quiet) and no lights either.

The suggested method mentioned above -- standing very far back so that you can see the doors -- was the only way. They, you had to run to catch it (cause you know NO ONE holds it from the inside ).

Laura