Price drop today... Check your prices!!!

chris.b.74

ok, so I saw the price drop and emailed the form. I got an email back saying it wasn't for my category. I then replied with both the link and screen shot with the $60 price drop. haven't heard anything back from them yet :mad: and now I don't even see the early saver price

I called in on Wed with a price drop and then Saturday night noticed another price drop, $120 OBC for the 2 price drops. So far have reserved at total of $290 price reduction, part of it was off the unpaid balance. I was happy with what I paid but even happier now.

Life is better aboard a ship.

I just wanted to tell the OP a huge thank you! The other night we were heading to bed and I stopped by here for a minute. I saw the post, checked my cruise and sure enough there was a $200 price reduction. I sent the info to my PVP and was credited today with it. It finished paying off our cruise and gave us $36 in on board credit. It sure was nice to see Balance Paid in Full tonight on my account!

Thank you!

I just wanted to tell the OP a huge thank you! The other night we were heading to bed and I stopped by here for a minute. I saw the post, checked my cruise and sure enough there was a $200 price reduction. I sent the info to my PVP and was credited today with it. It finished paying off our cruise and gave us $36 in on board credit. It sure was nice to see Balance Paid in Full tonight on my account!

Thank you!

Glad I could help..

No you won't lose your OBC

Can you explain how it works where you don’t lose it? I know if you have the obc given when you book a cruise on a cruise you keep that one, but how so otherwise? This obc stuff tends to be confusing. I was of the understanding that if you have an obc, that the amount of it needs to be subtracted from your fare price (the amount minus taxes, port charges) in order to get the right fare amount to price match to. So if for example I have a cabin booked for $500 with a $100 obc, any price drops would need to be $400 or lower in order for it to be worth seeking and then the obc is gone.

Can you explain how it works where you don’t lose it? I know if you have the obc given when you book a cruise on a cruise you keep that one, but how so otherwise? This obc stuff tends to be confusing. I was of the understanding that if you have an obc, that the amount of it needs to be subtracted from your fare price (the amount minus taxes, port charges) in order to get the right fare amount to price match to. So if for example I have a cabin booked for $500 with a $100 obc, any price drops would need to be $400 or lower in order for it to be worth seeking and then the obc is gone.

That's where my confusion is coming in too. Although, I did book original with a promotion of $160 obc. So are you saying I shouldn't lose that? Thanks for all the help!

That's where my confusion is coming in too. Although, I did book original with a promotion of $160 obc. So are you saying I shouldn't lose that? Thanks for all the help!

Is this the excursion credit you have? Cause I have that one too. I'm actually saying you will lose it if you go put in for a price drop if one comes along. The only time I think you keep an obc after a price drop is if it's the one you get for booking a cruise while on a cruise. Somebody with experience unconfuse us please!!:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Is this the excursion credit you have? Cause I have that one too. I'm actually saying you will lose it if you go put in for a price drop if one comes along. The only time I think you keep an obc after a price drop is if it's the one you get for booking a cruise while on a cruise. Somebody with experience unconfuse us please!!:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

No...you aren't confused.

If you book a cabin at a rate that includes OBC....and then there's a price drop because another rate is lower....you lose the OBC.

I had a cabin with the $160 excursion credit. There was a price drop. The new fare was exactly $160 lower than the fare I used to book. So I took the new fare and lost the credit. (I felt that it was easier to deal with "the fare" rather than an OBC.)

Yes you keep your fcc on board credit but would lose any on board credit you booked under another promo so it has to be worth it to switch. For me it is not worth switching because I would lose my credit.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

You would lose the $160 credit if you switch rates to get a lower price so make sure the price drops that much or more to make it worth switching.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Update: emailed our PVP, asking why we'd lose OBC for a price drop. Went out for a show, came backed, checked my email, and she had responded by saying I was right, she called a supervisor, and my balance is $100.00 less. NICE. :D:D

This is why I use a PVP. :p

I am hoping my PVP gives me the same answer. My cruise is $100 cheaper but I have $100 OBC for excursions I don't want to loose....I just emailed her. Hoping for the same response!!!!!:D

Did it cost you anything to upgrade to an aft balcony?

Base fare for what we were paying for 6th floor regular balcony before price drops, to aft-view extended balcony price after price drops was $120 more total.

It will be our first aft-view cabin!:eek:

I originally booked under the National Cruise Vacation Month with 50% reduced deposit and 200.00 OBC for booking our southern Caribbean cruise. Today under another sale I was able to reduce the fare by 260.00 but lose my 200.00 OBC but all in all a 60.00 price reduction after you give back the OBC and pay have 260.00 less to pay. I was happy with that!