Belize stop cancelled

treasure4two

We actually booked our May cruise because of Belize.

I just checked the website and the only ship out of Miami on Dec. 8 is the Glory. Is this the one they changed? It now seems to have Costa maya and caymans.

Some people here have site showing how many ships are at that port on certain days. Could it be too many ships?

We were on the Glory early November and it stopped in Belize. I don't understand why people don't like Belize. The people were the nicest I have met in all the ports I have been. The tendering was not bad, it was a great experience. Yes - there were people just drinking at port but these people are the ones that don't venture or do not want to experience other culture outside. It rained alot when we were there but otherwise it was great. My kids (young adults) ventured outside the port and they had a wonderful time. Of course, I was too busy shopping and trying to stay dry :D. There may not be alot to do, and it may be not be commercialized but it is how people live. It is a great place to go see.

Sometimes the ship doesn't stop in Belize because of high winds or high seas, as it is a tender port and it's difficult to tender in less-than-perfect conditions.

That's true, but that would be a last minute decision, not 2 or 3 weeks out.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Some people here have site showing how many ships are at that port on certain days. Could it be too many ships?

Yes, earlier this year Carnival cancelled ten cruises due to too many ships in port and were concerned with the tender safety and the length of time it would take trying to get so many cruisers in port.

They felt they would have to reduce their time there, that's what I read.

Edited by Midwestgal

I am on the Conquest out of Miami on Dec 8th.

I meant to say that's sailing the western itinerary on that date. Conquest on dec. 8 is eastern as are others.

Also just checked, on Dec. 11 there are 4 ships listed for Belize. That could be the reason for changing.

Edited by wantocruisemore

True, but ................

I wasn't paying attention to the dates. I guess I thought they had already sailed. ;)

As others have said, maybe there's a conflict with too many ships. I can't imagine arranging that tender for 3 or 4 ships, it'd be a nightmare. 2 might be doable.

Edit: but if Belize will make-or-break the cruise for them, I believe Carnival allows you to cancel without penalty for itinerary changes like this.

Edited by CoconutJD

I wasn't paying attention to the dates. I guess I thought they had already sailed. ;)

As others have said, maybe there's a conflict with too many ships. I can't imagine arranging that tender for 3 or 4 ships, it'd be a nightmare. 2 might be doable.

Edit: but if Belize will make-or-break the cruise for them, I believe Carnival allows you to cancel without penalty for itinerary changes like this.

And here I was thinking that Ruthless was being a smart-a$$.

D.