Belize stop cancelled

treasure4two

THIS VVVVV

Yes, earlier this year Carnival cancelled ten cruises due to too many ships in port and were concerned with the tender safety and the length of time it would take trying to get so many cruisers in port.

They felt they would have to reduce their time there, that's what I read.

Months ago, John Heald listed the dates where Legend or Glory wouldn't call on Belize.

I'm surprised to see people would want Carnival to drop Belize. Last thing Carnival needs to do is drop yet another port.

I wouldn't mind going back. It was quite an experience for me.

Edited by seannyice81

We love Belize! Been there 3 times already and going again on Conquest in February. Planning a city walking tour and lunch on Bird Island.

If you get a chance, go to the Museum. Check out the walking tours in Frommer's or Rick Steve's. Easy to navigate the city and see all the main POI.

Belize hasn't been on the Glory's itinerary for this week since the beginning of the year. when they made that change and were stopping at Costa Maya instead is when I booked the cruise. Not that I don't like Belize, because I really do, but because stops at Costa Maya are fewer and usually involve a large ship like Dream.

We were looking for another Exotic Western itinerary and were going to book the Conquest for our November 2014 sailing. We specifically were looking for stops in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman. A lot of shop stopped in Costa Maya instead of Belize .. too bad. :(

Belize gets a bad rap but it has the most amazing excursions! DH wanted to climb the ruins and in Belize he can, that's why we were going to book it. Too bad Carnival is missing out on stopping there in 2014.

We ended up booking the Splendor from San Juan to New York (and save on airline fees) but am interested in booking a cruise to Belize in 2015, hope they straighten out the schedule!

We were looking for another Exotic Western itinerary and were going to book the Conquest for our November 2014 sailing. We specifically were looking for stops in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman. A lot of shop stopped in Costa Maya instead of Belize .. too bad. :(

Belize gets a bad rap but it has the most amazing excursions! DH wanted to climb the ruins and in Belize he can, that's why we were going to book it. Too bad Carnival is missing out on stopping there in 2014.

We ended up booking the Splendor from San Juan to New York (and save on airline fees) but am interested in booking a cruise to Belize in 2015, hope they straighten out the schedule!

Just because Conquest didn't go there, why not pick a ship that does:confused:

I checked the port schedule and there are 4 ships scheduled in Belize for our cruise. We are the last to arrive at 9am so I guess it is possible we may get bumped. Oh well, life goes on ;) I probably won't pre-book any independent excursions anyway. Was looking at doing something through the cruise line anyway so we would just get refunded. If we do stop there, will be pleasantly surprised!

Just because Conquest didn't go there, why not pick a ship that does:confused:

I have a certain week that I can only cruise, there were no other ships that went to Belize. Seems like Carnival is slowing replacing Belize with Costa Maya.

Edited by ibcnusoon

Along with Roatan and Ensenada, Belize has been our favorite port. We wandered all over the city, popping in a great old Church, museum, visited a school and chatted with the kids, sat on a locals porch sucking down Beliken. At gibnut at Neries. Lovely folks, great culture, too zany and crowded in the "cage", plus all the booze and hot sauces etc.. were cheaper in town than in the Tourism Village. Barrel 1 rum is good and cheap, Marie Sharpes hot sauce is awesome, Cashew wine stinks, and good luck finding 10 year old Don Omario rum.

Oh, and ran over the Beliken Brewery as well...GREAT tour, snacks and unlimited beer :)

I checked the port schedule and there are 4 ships scheduled in Belize for our cruise. We are the last to arrive at 9am so I guess it is possible we may get bumped. Oh well, life goes on ;) I probably won't pre-book any independent excursions anyway. Was looking at doing something through the cruise line anyway so we would just get refunded. If we do stop there, will be pleasantly surprised!

People who are not all that familiar with independent tours may get the wrong impression from your post. There are lots of independent tour agencies which will refund your prepayment if your cruise ship skips the port (and some, of course, will not). This is a matter which is easy enough to clarify before booking.

A friend of mine is going on her first cruise ever and booked a cruise out of Miami on Dec. 8, 2013, mainly because of the stop in Belize and she was recently told the ship is not stopping there. Anyone know why? Thank you.

If you look at the roll call for the Glory, assuming that's what ship your firend is on, they've been chatting about what to do in Costa Maya since August or September. A quick scan through a rather active roll call found no mentioning of changing from Belize to CM. So this must have been out there for awhile or CM was on the itinerary originally.