Miami: LaQuinta Airport East review Black Friday

jaxcruiser66

I am giving this place 2.5 stars out of 5 Like many of the previous reviews, this is an OK place to spend 1 night. I would not (could not) spend a second night. I keep expecting a plane to miss the runway and end up in my bed. We are really close to the airport, and there is a lot of noise!!

My room is clean, as best as I can tell. I didn't give it a Hotel Impossible type of inspection! :)

We got a great rate of $115 inclusive of tax and fees. This includes 7 nights of parking while we are on a cruise, as well as a free shuttle to the port. We have to pay our own way back to the hotel when we get back (but that's ok). There are not a lot of frills (namely coffee in the lobby). there is a pool out back that looked pretty clean... But I would hate to swim out there with the planes flying so close over head....not relaxing.

There is a Bennigans next door, but that's about it if you are walking. There are many options a short drive away.

If you factor in the cost of parking and shuttle service....the LaQuinta is a pretty good value. I just can't help shake the feeling I am slumming it for the night. My only focus right now is getting on the Carnival Liberty in the morning!

Edited by jaxcruiser66

...I just can't help shake the feeling I am slumming it for the night...

Yes, now we know why the locals suggest steering clear of this one. ;) Glad you were OK for the night but I, for one, would not want to start my vacation this way. Miami is absolutely incredible and there are certainly better areas and hotels where I would spend my time and money. :)

I hope you passed on that Bennigan's. It is not part of any chain, the parent company went under quite a few years ago--that particular franchise location is one of a small handful awarded by bankruptcy court the right to continue using Bennigan's name and menu without even the minimal quality control and oversight that it used to have as a national brand. It has been featured prominently on local news "Dirty Dining" reports.

Edited by fishywood

This spot is mentioned here often to cruisers with cars that only are looking for a low cost bed for one night and a parking spot. Seems like it is surely a good example of an "it'll- do- for -one- night" hotel. ;)

Agree with you on most of that but curious as to why one night is OK but longer is not? Just a general question, not specific to you. ;) In my opinion, a lot could happen in one night that makes me still not want to stay here even for 12 hours. :eek::D

Agree with you on most of that but curious as to why one night is OK but longer is not? Just a general question, not specific to you. ;) In my opinion, a lot could happen in one night that makes me still not want to stay here even for 12 hours. :eek::D

Some people really want that extra $30 for their cruise and others don't believe it when we try and explain how dangerous some areas in south Florida actually are.

I know I no longer open the off port parking threads. No one will listen to me until I can show them that someone actually got shot in the head and robbed in one of those places......until someone else comes along and wants to save $30.

We have stayed here 2 times pre-cruise and took advantage of the parking amd shuttle to the port. It is an easy cab ride back from the port (around $30). I will say the exterior is not much to look at but the rooms were clean and I like the fact that the parking lot is closed off and not really open. It is a bit tricky to get into but we are sailing from Miami again in May and will consider this hotel as a pre-cruise option again.

I say ok for a one night stay because if I wanted a longer stay, I'd choose something in a better location with some nice amenities nearby..especially if no car. The Blue Lagoon area offers more. More costly, yes. But for the extra money, I'd feel better there if for more than a short night's sleep.