Upgrade drinks package?

39august

A well known TA is offering free gratuities, OBC and the drinks package that covers beer up to $5 and drinks up to $8. I'm guessing not many drinks are under $8. Does anyone know if you can have that package and then pay the difference to upgrade to the better package, or if you can pay the difference for every drink above the $ limit?

A well known TA is offering free gratuities, OBC and the drinks package that covers beer up to $5 and drinks up to $8. I'm guessing not many drinks are under $8. Does anyone know if you can have that package and then pay the difference to upgrade to the better package, or if you can pay the difference for every drink above the $ limit?

Greetings

The free offer is for the Classic package. If a drink is over the limit you pay the entire amount NOT the difference. You can upgrade to the Premium package for about $11.50/day. With the Premium if a drink is over the limit you only pay the difference.

PS There are plenty of drinks under $8. They will use the standard liquors as opposed to call brands.

Good Sailing

Tom

Classic covers all the basics, but if you want drinks from the Martini bar or Molecular bar, you should upgrade. The price of the upgrade is equal to just one drink in either bar, and well worth the money, not only for the selection, but for the piece of mind. We upgrade every cruise.

Classic covers all the basics, but if you want drinks from the Martini bar or Molecular bar, you should upgrade. The price of the upgrade is equal to just one drink in either bar, and well worth the money, not only for the selection, but for the piece of mind. We upgrade every cruise.

With the classic package, we were able to get martinis at the martini bar, albeit small ones, without the top shelf liquor. But, they were good and you could order a second when the first one was gone.

I think the only disadvantage with the classic package for us is that we had fewer choices of wine to drink with dinner. We made due.

I did the upgrade prior to our trip. The cost would have been exactly the same had I purchased it on the ship. When you check in you are given a 123 promo card with how to upgrade and the price is 10.00 a day plus the 1.50 gratuity.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I did the upgrade prior to our trip. The cost would have been exactly the same had I purchased it on the ship. When you check in you are given a 123 promo card with how to upgrade and the price is 10.00 a day plus the 1.50 gratuity.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have had the beverage packages for the last few cruises. The last one and the next few we have the classic package via one of the promotions. We have always purchased the premium package or upgraded beforehand. Celebrity have now started to charge more for the package on board -an extra $5 each per day over the pre booked price. At the moment Celebrity say that if you get a package as part of a promotion you will only pay $10 plus tip but the advice seems to be that it is safer paying he upgrade before you cruise.

It takes away a potential problem and potential hassle on board.

We always grind that the premium package is much more flexible. You get better wines and if you want anything more than then limit you only pay the excess.

Just got off Reflection too... premium upgrade was well worth the $10/day! We upgraded through our TA , however X was offering upgrades once onboard.

We loved the ability to try out drinks. I agree with the other post about trying wine at dinner - fabulous! I also enjoyed a few espresso drinks a day which were delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk