snacks??

carlp

Princess' International Cafe is 24/7, which one can enjoy on their schedule, not the cruise line's.

I was so surprised to discover this on our first of three Princess Cruises. It was such a delight to know we did not have to keep track of time or wait for goodies.

Exactly. Limited time. It obviously suits you but likely not too many others. I like a little flexibility when on vacation and not regimented times for this and that, including a snack.

I agree.

I will be sailing on the Rotterdam in January. I always enjoyed the "refined" feel of the afternoon Tea. Can't wait (and the bread pudding - Yum!) I'll always remember having Tea one afternoon with a British lady. She went on and on and on about how HAL was not serving the tea properly - as only the British know how to do. Every time my husband and I had tea thereafter we mentioned that lady with a chuckle:) (love the memories)

I will be sailing on the Rotterdam in January. I always enjoyed the "refined" feel of the afternoon Tea. Can't wait (and the bread pudding - Yum!) I'll always remember having Tea one afternoon with a British lady. She went on and on and on about how HAL was not serving the tea properly - as only the British know how to do. Every time my husband and I had tea thereafter we mentioned that lady with a chuckle:) (love the memories)

And that Brit lady was absolutely right! (Speaking as a Brit, but that wasn't me) HAL does not know how to brew and serve the tea properly.;)

So iced tea, punch and lemonade are free? I don't have a sense of what is 'free' in the line of drinks at all. Milk? hot tea? coffee? This will be my first cruise with HAL, and DCL it was all "free".

Disney does the appetizers and snacks much better than HAL does. I loved going into the coffee shop on DCL late in the day and pointing out the meats, cheeses, other things we wanted to snack on.

On HAL you can get ice tea all the time if you go to the lido on the pool deck. Other than that, you will need to order drinks at a bar.

They do it the 'Dutch' way...... :)

Doesn't HAVE to be British way on a Dutch ship. ;) :D

Good point. Indonesia and the Dutch have a strong tea history too. I am sadly coming to the end of my bag of Indonesia Jasmine tea, the most gloriously fragrant Jasmine tea I have ever smelled and tasted, purchased on the Rotterdam shore excursion near Borodordur, in that part of Indonesian tea country.