Has anyone heard weird complaints from other passengers about things?

quiksilver23

That's exactly what she did - she had a spinach salad with no spinach.:rolleyes: We laugh about it now but at the time it was the weirdest thing.

I can't picture it. What was left, bacon bits and slices of boiled egg with oil and vinegar?

Too weird.

I'm afraid that my wife and I both have a wicked sense of humour.... on one cruise, one of the other tablemates complained about many things, usually ending his sentence with "and well, it's not the Oriana" (sister ship in the P&O fleet).

I couldn't help it - on the second evening, he yet again complained and finished with "and well, it's not the Oriana". I said "Yes, I noticed that as well." He said "So, what is it that you noticed?"

Keeping my face straight I said "Just before I boarded, I looked at the hull. Up on the bow is the word 'Arcadia' ".

VP

The most bizarre complaint I heard whilst on a cruise was at dinner one evening. Someone called the waiter over to complain that the coffee was too hot. I guess it didn't dawn on them to let it sit there a couple of minutes, or put in an ice cube.

And wait till they have rung up all 100 items before you start looking for your check book at the bottom of your very large purse. :D

I also assume you will be on your phone too. :eek:

Don

This always amazes me when people do this. People get a dumb look on their face like they forgot they would have to pay. Don't even get me started on the phone.

Never experienced any rude complaints while on a cruise. Guess we have been lucky.

Lol! did you ever offer to "knock her up?" That expression means 2 very different things doesn't it. Of course since you are her husband, she would not be offended, as I would be if you said that to my daughter.

Whatever you do, don't say "I'm stuffed" in Australia. A friend said that after a big meal and was so embarrassed by the laughter it caused.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I think it also has to do with what part of the world your from.

Eat more BACON

NO NO NO! This is the reason that bacon has gone up to $6.99/lb. :D Same thing with chicken wings-first they couldn't give them away and then they became the thing. Look at cupcakes at $3 and up per piece!

NO NO NO! This is the reason that bacon has gone up to $6.99/lb. :D Same thing with chicken wings-first they couldn't give them away and then they became the thing. Look at cupcakes at $3 and up per piece!

My new years resolution was to eat more bacon. I have had bacon every day this year. Next year I think I will change it to shrimp. I whole heartily agree about the chicken wings

Eat more BACON

My new years resolution was to eat more bacon. I have had bacon every day this year. Next year I think I will change it to shrimp. I whole heartily agree about the chicken wings

Eat more BACON

Have you had your cholesterol check recently?:D

And wait till they have rung up all 100 items before you start looking for your check book at the bottom of your very large purse. :D

I also assume you will be on your phone too. :eek:

Don

Thank you for the suggestion.

Didn't even think about that.;)

I heard from a drunk female passenger on my last cruise on Carnival that there was a toenail in her drink... She fussed, and probed her drink swearing the bartender put a toenail in her drink.. Of course we found none..but it was about the funniest thing I've ever heard!

I heard from a drunk female passenger on my last cruise on Carnival that there was a toenail in her drink... She fussed, and probed her drink swearing the bartender put a toenail in her drink.. Of course we found none..but it was about the funniest thing I've ever heard!

If no toe nail was found, it HAD to be a finger nail. These may be quite harmless.:rolleyes:

john

Lol wow the poor bartender must looked horrified

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

Eat more BACON

I would - if you philistine Americans learned to cook the stuff instead of incinerating it :D

Overheard at Heathrow airport after the announcement that all flights were cancelled throughout northern Europe due to the Icelandic volcano ash-cloud:

"Does that apply to Business Class too?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

This summer, in Dawson City (Yukon) I had a shot of whiskey with an entire toe in it. I have a nice certificate to show that I'm a member of the Sour Toe Cocktail Club.

I start mine in the frying pan, and finish it in the micro wave.

john

I apologise unreservedly to my American cousins for singling them out as Philistines.

Your neighbours on the other side of the 49th parallel are just as heathen. :D

Here's the website of a missionary who's hoping to convert you all to proper bacon - meaty back bacon, not that fatty belly stuff you all eat. Just look at the photos, yummy. But I guess he's onto a loser. ;)

http://www.britishbacon.com/

Edited by John Bull

Near the end of a 14 night cruise in the south pacific I commented to a couple in the lift how sad it would be to have to disembark the ship. They said they couldn't wait to get off & that the whole cruise they'd been bored to death because there was nothing to DO!!!

Also we were unfortunate enough to be seated with the same couple for breakfast in the MDR a couple of days in a row. This guys anger was escalating because he couldn't have a banana with his breakfast. The waiter patiently explained that they'd run out of bananas & he insisted he'd someone else with a banana that same day. The MDR manager was called, then the maitre'd. When we left the guy was practically apoplectic & yelling about suing.

I apologise unreservedly to my American cousins for singling them out as Philistines.

Here's the website of a missionary who's hoping to convert you all to proper bacon - meaty back bacon, not that fatty belly stuff you all eat. Just look at the photos, yummy. But I guess he's onto a loser. ;)

I'm not allowed to do proper 'Fry Ups' any more.:(

john

I'm not allowed to do proper 'Fry Ups' any more.:(

We've been very lucky so far with having pleasant table mates, but my parents came back from a cruise a couple years ago with a story about a woman who insisted all her meals had to be salt free for medical reasons, and then proceeded to cover everything with large amounts of ketchup. They complained about everything and then they didn't tip at the end of the week, because they said they were on B2B and were going to tip the following week.

This summer, in Dawson City (Yukon) I had a shot of whiskey with an entire toe in it. I have a nice certificate to show that I'm a member of the Sour Toe Cocktail Club

I too am a member of the club. Lots of stories around how it all got started but the toe you and I had is not the original. Along the way one or more have actually been swallowed.

Dawson was my favourite place in the Yukon. I lived in Whitehorse for three years