Easiest way to be in touch with home on Breeze

SportsMomof4

We are going on the breeze in 12 days :D. My oldest son is not going with us so I want to be able to be in touch with him at least once daily to make sure all is ok either via text or through ichat.

Last year on the Breeze I had the unlimited internet package for $99 but as far as I have read, that is no longer available.

What is the best way to do this? Get internet package or use text through Verizon? Thanks for any help!

I personally like to use text through Verizon @ 50 cents to send and 5 cents to receive. I also like to use my cabin phone to call home at $1.99 per minute. Cheaper than using my iphone on the ship for calls. I keep my phone with me onboard all the time to take pics (no hauling cameras anymore for me), to listen to music,mand to be available for texting to/from home. That's just how I feel most comfortable. When we get onboard I turn off cellular data and just keep the the texting and calling features available. It works for me and my phone bill is probably only $20-$25 more the next month (I text a lot and do call on occasion).

this one is free ... on the Carnival web page there is a community forum, under community forum there is a section called sailing now. I placed a forum topic and used that to communicate with family members while gone. I used it on our B2B,,, I set it up before we sailed showed everyone how to use it . Just a word of caution, it is a public forum and everyone can read, But it served its purpose

this one is free ... on the Carnival web page there is a community forum, under community forum there is a section called sailing now. I placed a forum topic and used that to communicate with family members while gone. I used it on our B2B,,, I set it up before we sailed showed everyone how to use it . Just a word of caution, it is a public forum and everyone can read, But it served its purpose

This is the best way and cheapest. Can't beat free

You mentioned easiest...text. I had two teenagers (they grew up on me 23 and 25) and that was the best way to communicate. Call Verizon and they will make sure you phone is ready to go and they will send you rates for your ship. They sent them to me in an e-mail.

I just took my first solo cruise and it was nice to text my husband every day letting him know how much I appreciated his letting me go!!!

To bad you dont have T-Mobile, they just changed their international plans, free texting and .20/min calling. I will be doing this when in port. I have a daughter who will be 4 at time we leave and is staying with friends while we are gone. She gonna miss us

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

We text also. Did have an issue with iPhone's & iMessag, it didn't work since I had data turned off. DD wasn't getting my texts but my mom was, she has a basic phone. DD & I turned off iMessage & it worked fine after that. In the past we used the funville forums but DD had several issues come up & I wasn't comfortable with everyone being able to read our conversations. I check in with DD & my mom once a day, less than $10.

We did the free way the PPer mentioned and it worked like a charm. Set up a thread on the "sailing now" board before we left and let my MIL know the name of it and we were able to communicate (she was watching our toddler). You can't put anything too personal of course, but we could update her and vice versa. You could supplement that with the occasional text for personal info and shouldn't be too pricey!

Are you able to go onto the Carnival site for free from the ship to read the posts from the community forum from your family? Where do you do that?

I always set up my thread on the Funville site ahead of time and access on the computers in the internet room on ship. it is free as mentioned before. Good way to stay in touch at home.

Edited by retiredgram

Easiest way is to call home. Either the ship's phone or a cel phone will do it.

It will be spendy.

Another option is to give them the ship's number and explain what constitutes an emergency warranting a call. Then, assume every day without a call means there are no problems. That's technique that will save a lot of money.