Star cabin D733

ro

Hi,

We booked 3 adjoining minisuites on the Star to Hawaii this Friday. We booked months ago, of course, and have the original stateroom confirmations. Our son just went to print his luggage tags and discovered that Princess had switched his cabin from D727 to D733 and it says on the deck plan:

***Special Notes:

NON STANDARD LAYOUT TWIN BEDS ONLY/ SHOWER ONLY/NO TUB/ NO SINK VANITY****

I'm outraged at this and I'm wondering if anyone on the boards knows anything about this odd layout thing. I mean, if I'm paying for a mini, i want a mini!

thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Hi,

We booked 3 adjoining minisuites on the Star to Hawaii this Friday. We booked months ago, of course, and have the original stateroom confirmations. Our son just went to print his luggage tags and discovered that Princess had switched his cabin from D727 to D733 and it says on the deck plan:

***Special Notes:

I'm outraged at this and I'm wondering if anyone on the boards knows anything about this odd layout thing. I mean, if I'm paying for a mini, i want a mini!

From what I can see, the balcony is over double the size. I know this doesn't make up for the lack of tub and twin beds but it does help.

Since this did not involve an upgrade, I would also be upset. (I would also be upset if it was an upgrade also, especially if "will not accept upgrade" had been specified.)

You should have received notification of this change from your Travel Agent or, if your booking is directly with Princess, from Princess.

Since your son did not get this notification (or it went into a spam folder), there is no way to know when the change was made and it is unlikely that the original cabin is still available.

But I would still contact your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) and try to have the change reversed if at all possible.

Edited by caribill

Hi,

***Special Notes:

Just off of the Star on December 5th and a couple that we know had that cabin. It is a Mini Suite, but, just configured differently. They had found out that it had originally been set up as handicap accessible cabin and for some reason it was not used for that. The only draw back for them was that the beds were set up as twins on opposite sides of the room. They asked the room steward to set up as a queen by turning them 90 degrees and putting them together and it worked fine. The other thing was there was no bathtub, however the shower was huge. One other thing that was really nice was that the balcony is also huge.

Here is a link with pictures of the same cabin layout:

One other thing, they ended up really liking the cabin.

Edited by ar1950

Thanks so mucho or your help. Cruise Critic people are absolutely the best. I'll give my son the information and let him decide. That balcony looks awfully appealing, actually. :-)

in the description of this room it says "no sink vanity". What exactly does that mean?

We booked this room because of the bigger bathroom and no tub.

Our sink had a larger vanity area on either side of the sink, but, the bathroom, overall, was smaller than the one in D733. The smaller vanity space would not have been an issue for us had we had that cabin.

If you missed it before here is a link with pictures of the same cabin layout:

Edited by ar1950

• 2 months later...
Hi,

***Special Notes:

This is the link to see the pix we took of that cabin. Had the same issue as you (we booked a gty)...I wanted a tub, DH wanted queen bed.

WE LOVED THAT CABIN

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

Almost a private hall, enormous balcony - take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
As did we. I never gave the bathroom much thought unless needed.:eek::D:D

I would have too. I just like not seeing the bathroom door. With the regular mini suites, the bathroom has it's own "area" with a small hallway/closet area. I like that much better. So much better that I'm willing to sacrifice the larger balcony. Also, since these are on Dolphin deck, people on balconies from the upper decks can look down into your balcony. I guess I like my privacy. But hey, to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums