Are you on the Ruby Princess NOW?

DRS/NC

Is the Ruby late sailing tonight? Or is the bridge cam "stuck"?

Ruby was posted to sail at 4:00 PM today, but the bridge cam currently (6:30 PM EST) shows the ship still in Ft. Lauderdale port.

My DD & SIL are on board. Any news?

Thanks!

Edited by DRS/NC
new question

Somebody else reported that the Ruby was required to back away from the dock earlier in the day and turn around for a Coast Guard inspection of the starboard side lifeboats. This is probably why she is late leaving...

We are onboard now. Due to the health and also Coast Guard inspection and having the boat turn around for the inspection they are behind loading all the provisions. Hopefully soon.

Is someone sick? Medical emergency?

I also seen the Ruby pull out and turn around and go back to its spot early this morning about 11 am??? I don,t know what that was about.It seemed weird to me for a ship to do that,

The listings on the Port of Everglades berths assignments had this manoeuvre already scheduled; called a ''shift'' from berth #2 to......Berth

#2 ...!!! Spotted that tuesday evening.

Did she actually moved forwards, do a 4 points manoeuvre and moored back to portside ? Not entirely rare. Lots of reasons....lifeboat/tender drill on both sides, maintenance on both sides, underwater rudder testing, etc...