Cunard Complaints

tag1000

Hello,

I had some serious problems with a booking with Cunard made through their call centre in California back in April. I wrote three emails and sent letters. The issue did get resolved with Cunard through their call centre in California but I never did get any formal acknowledgement to my emails and letters. It was not a petty compliment and the problem was not really anyone's fault and as I said everything eventually got resolved so the matter is closed. To this day I would have thought someone would have replied! Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Has anyone else experienced such silence from Cunard? It does give the sense they do not care!

I asked Cunard a question via email (which I clicked-on at their website) about 5 years ago. Nothing that would have been tricky for them to answer. ….Never received a reply.

Have taken a number of Cunard voyages since that time. Like you, I found calling them the best way to communicate, if a reply is needed.

What did impress me was receiving an email on the morning before boarding for a crossing. QM2 was arriving late in Brooklyn, so boarding was going to be delayed a few hours. Because of the email, we were able to adjust our arrival and avoid inconvenience.

So, they do have an email account and they can use it… : )

But, my experience is the telephone is the more dependable approach if a response is needed.

Good communication is a cornerstone of good service. In any business, occasionally something can run into a snag. Quick resolution is necessary to maintain customer satisfaction. I can understand why, despite resolution, the experience has left you with a negative feeling.

Personally, we have never had any problems of note on a Cunard ship. It's good to learn your problem was ultimately resolved.

Edited by jimmybean

Problem with emails -- is, how do you know it ever found it's way to the recipient. If I send an email expecting an answer - and one is not forthcoming, I send more :)

Probably - more to the point, many Companies do not set up their organisations to actively process emails that they receive via their websites.

Barry

Edited by bazzaw

Over the years, I have sent e mail questions to Cunard via their web site and received an answer each time. I have also gotten phone questions answered. I wonder if they actually got the e mails due to computer problem or glitch of some sort or maybe your e mail went into their spam file??

• 4 months later...

we had cause to make a complaint to GS on board QM2 recently, which was written out but we never heard anything back from them while we were still on board.

Over a week after we returned home, my DH phoned Cunard to tell them of this complaint and that we had not gotten a response while on board, and they asked him to email the complaint to them which he duly did. He received the automated receipt by return but have not heard a peep from them in almost 2 weeks now so can only assume they have chosen to ignore it.

I was once told not to judge a company by having to make a complaint, but in how they deal with it, so to say after just 2 Cunard cruises we would seriously think twice about using them again if they don't have the common courtesy to respond to a customer complaint in a timely manner.

I had a question about a Cunard policy sometime ago and posted it to their Facebook page. I received a response pretty quickly.

Posts to Facebook are public so I think companies are keen to answer them in some fashion just to show they do respond.

I used this same tactic with Premier Inn's when they didn't get back to me (on email) about an issue and it worked very well. I got another prompt and very pleasant answer along with an email address to use for any additional questions.

Edited by Cruise NH

I had a question about a Cunard policy sometime ago and posted it to their Facebook page. I received a response pretty quickly.

Posts to Facebook are public so I think companies are keen to answer them in some fashion just to show they do respond.

I used this same tactic with Premier Inn's when they didn't get back to me (on email) about an issue and it worked very well. I got another prompt and very pleasant answer along with an email address to use for any additional questions.

Thanks, knew I had a FB account for something!!!!