really??? norwegian epic ( are they serious about checking all bags for alcohol??

sannl

has anyone out there brought their own alchohol of choice as carryon?? Cannot beleive every bag,etc. is checked??

All carryons go through a scanner similar to airport scanner. Believe me, they are all xrayed. Checked bags are also xrayed. Ever hear of the "naughty room"?

Edited by NMLady

has anyone out there brought their own alchohol of choice as carryon?? Cannot beleive every bag,etc. is checked??

All NCL ships, and pretty much other cruise lines check bags.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. If you scan through the postings you will find this discussed often.

yes, they are all checked. You wouldn't believe the amount of booze confiscated from passengers before a cruise. If the bottle is sealed, they will give it back to you at the end of the trip. If it's open or in something other than a bottle, they dump it

You've obviously read enough of these boards to know all bags are checked. (Yes...really:rolleyes:).

If you'll be caught is up to speculation.

Never do carry on. Google "rum runner flask" and distribute several in yours and partners bags. Safety in numbers. But never place in carry on.

I'd never take the risk but users on the forums swear by them from what I read! They even sell similar versions in the ship gift shop.

Edited by duce95

..... Cannot beleive every bag,etc. is checked??

I can, and I support the bag checks, and do in fact expect each and every bag to be scanned/checked. :D

Good luck to all the smugglers. Odds 3.5% IMO. :D

Safe travel to all. :)

ETA; Some make it a sport for CBP and NCL. Not sure if that is healthy considering the true objective of those entities. Although perhaps those species force them to scan/check all. So, ... perhaps all those smugglers ... help us all, by keeping serious contraband ashore. IMO.

Lol.

Edited by bear3412

You can bring on wine as long as you pay $15 per bottle corkage. This wine must be brougt on in carry on luggage. They may or may not scan the carry on luggage. I think it depends on time of day. At peak times they will man the scanner. Ken

This is pretty funny. :)

Having just returned from a FABULOUS cruise on the Pearl, I can tell you that, YES, they check every bag and every bottle! :p

We took a couple of small bottles of Maple Syrup (for the Roll Call raffle) and I had them in my carryon and had to open my bag and show them the, thankfully, clearly marked and labelled and still sealed, bottles. It was actually pretty funny and we even got the security guys laughing about it. :D

Sadly, we had to use one of the bottles of Maple Syrup ourselves because they opened one at the airport. :( :p

Edited by B6ConMe
misspelled

Don't know how much they make from alcohol sales to 4,000 people during a seven day cruise, but imagine it is a pretty good piece of change.

If everyone were allowed to smuggle their own on board, I suspect cruise prices would go up significantly.

This is probably one reason Disney is pricey. You can carry on beverages without being sneaky.

I can tell you that they do check it but not thoroughly. We just got off the Jewel, where we brought 10 bottles of wine with us spread over 5 different bags (2 bottles a bag). They found 5 of the bottles and missed the other 5. Not sure how they can find one bottle but miss another one in the same bag...but just proof that they are not looking too hard.

Very easy to sneak booze on to a cruise ship no matter what line. You have thousands of people embarking and debarking same day. Take that number of people and multiply by 2 or 3 to figure out rough amount of luggage. You don't need RR's but they help. Just don't be silly enough to leave it in original bottles either.

Dh and I packed 12 packs of Coke Zero in both of our checked luggage and sure enough we were called to the "naughty" room to pick up our bags. NCL didn't open the bags but we had to open them in front of the crew and verify it was just soda. Boo to NCL for having Pepsi products anyway!

Thank goodness they have Pepsi products!:) I had to haul a case of cans onto Princess my last cruise!:mad: