Cruisetour price difference

Potstech

date, popularity of the direction and other factors all come into play. If you book the cruise tour, keep checking the price up till you sail. If the price drops you can usually get them to reduce your price.
You very rarely get a price reduction if you've booked a cruisetour. If you've booked just a cruise, yes, you can get a fare reduction but not if you've booked the package.

Last Spring, I'd booked the Diamond Beijing-to-Vancouver cruise with a pre-cruise package. The Whittier-to-Vancouver cruise fares dropped dramatically since the time I booked but because I'd booked the pre-cruise tour, I couldn't get re-fared. I wound up canceling the entire cruise and re-booking the pre-cruise tour and Beijing-to-Whittier cruise as I was grossly overpaying for the Alaskan cruise. I could take that cruise at another time for almost half the cost.

Any one know why a Northbound cruise tour is about $500.00 more than the exact same one Southbound? Got the Princess 2014 cataloug and itineraries and that seems to be the way they are

Hmmmm... I thought it was the other way around... southbound cruisetours should be more expensive since folks like to take the cruise after the tour to relax...

For further information:

14 Day Denali Explorer Interior

Southbound 1998

Northbound 1773

12 Day DenaliExplorer Balcony

Southbound 2403

Northbound 2073

Just a few examples. Basically the same cruise but difference in price.

Any one know why a Northbound cruise tour is about $500.00 more than the exact same one Southbound? Got the Princess 2014 cataloug and itineraries and that seems to be the way they are

I'm puzzled. Above post says northbound is more expensive, but examples below say the opposite.

For further information:

14 Day Denali Explorer Interior

Southbound 1998

Northbound 1773

12 Day DenaliExplorer Balcony

Southbound 2403

Northbound 2073

Just a few examples. Basically the same cruise but difference in price.