water bottles on intra China flights

Floridiana

Yes if you buy it after security.

The exception might be if your flying from Hong Kong in to China; we had our "purchased after security" water bottles confiscated at the doorway of the aircraft. The other option was for us to drink 2 liters of water on the jet-way :eek:

The exception might be if your flying from Hong Kong in to China; we had our "purchased after security" water bottles confiscated at the doorway of the aircraft. The other option was for us to drink 2 liters of water on the jet-way :eek:

This happened to us also on our flight SHA-PEK on Air China, very surprised since it was a first for us with this extra added security measure.

Great advice! Thank you.

A friend's water bottle was confiscated after security in Hong Kong; a second check-point for flights to the US.

Same thing at Lima, Peru airport. Right before boarding, they checked each piece of luggage by hand after we had all gone through the usual security before.

I just got back from China, flew Air China from Beijing to LAX, and at the gate when we were boarding (Beijing) they took all liquids from passengers over 3 ounces. Even though they had vending machines at the gate that sold bottle water, soda, etc, everything was taken from all passengers, even if it was unopened.

They did not do this when I flew between Beijing and Shanghai.

Hope that helps.

I just got back from China, flew Air China from Beijing to LAX, and at the gate when we were boarding (Beijing) they took all liquids from passengers over 3 ounces. Even though they had vending machines at the gate that sold bottle water, soda, etc, everything was taken from all passengers, even if it was unopened.

They did not do this when I flew between Beijing and Shanghai.

Hope that helps.

Air China did it to us SHA-PEK & PEK-LAX..none of our many other intra-country flights did this.