Leaving Superbowl Sunday

lrowe70

I've been reading some mixed messages and hope all you experts can offer a concrete answer.

If your ship departs on Superbowl Sunday, do they turn off the game for muster or is the muster held at a different time? :confused:

Thanks for any insight.

I would figure that they are not going to break international law just to show a football game so it will probably either not be shown during muster or muster will be done earlier or later. Most likely, people will just have to go a half an hour without seeing the game. I would rather make sure the safety aspect is taken care of properly and everybody knows what to do in the event of a real emergency, and miss the game than see the game and have no idea what to do if any emergencies requiring reporting to muster occur. And yes, that is even the case if the Eagles make the dance this year which is increasingly possible.

I have done Super Bowl on Carnival out of Long Beach. We delayed our sailing and had muster after the game was over. It was a very funny muster as many people had been drinking throughout the game. But that was several years ago before the Concordia.

Well you will be A LOT warmer then those that are actually at the game... WHAT WAS THE NFL THINKING? lol

Some idiot gets paid millions to make dumb decisions, like "Het lets do the superbowl where it coud snow".

Better yet, no one in the conf room with him said "Hey, maybe thats a bad idea"...

lol They should all be demoted to Middle School Flag Football.

Well you will be A LOT warmer then those that are actually at the game... WHAT WAS THE NFL THINKING? lol

Some idiot gets paid millions to make dumb decisions, like "Het lets do the superbowl where it coud snow".

Better yet, no one in the conf room with him said "Hey, maybe thats a bad idea"...

lol They should all be demoted to Middle School Flag Football.

Hoping NJ gets two feet of snow that day to show them what a dumb idea this was.

I've been reading some mixed messages and hope all you experts can offer a concrete answer.

If your ship departs on Superbowl Sunday, do they turn off the game for muster or is the muster held at a different time? :confused:

Thanks for any insight.

What time is your ship supposed to sail?

Hoping NJ gets two feet of snow that day to show them what a dumb idea this was.

I hope not -- only because we're sailing out of Baltimore that day and want to see the Superbowl on the ship. I would hate for it to be on Saturday. (Monday wouldn't be so bad.)

But yes, it was a dumb idea.

Thanks for any insight.

For regular weeks, they absolutely shut off all TVs at around 3:30 (so you miss the end of the early games) and turn them back on about 15-30 minutes after the muster drill, when employees get back to their stations.

(so you miss the start of the 4PM games)

Luckily for you, the SuperBowl doesn't usually kick off until between 6-7 usually, so muster will be well over by kickoff.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

I hope not -- only because we're sailing out of Baltimore that day and want to see the Superbowl on the ship. I would hate for it to be on Saturday. (Monday wouldn't be so bad.)

But yes, it was a dumb idea.

Dont think it would be feasible to change the day of the superbowl at last minute. It will have to go on, hopefully with lots of snow.

Love to watch football games played in a blizzard while sitting in the comfort of our house.

For regular weeks, they absolutely shut off all TVs at around 3:30 (so you miss the end of the early games) and turn them back on about 15-30 minutes after the muster drill, when employees get back to their stations.

(so you miss the start of the 4PM games)

Luckily for you, the SuperBowl doesn't usually kick off until between 6-7 usually, so muster will be well over by kickoff.

Bill

Some ships dont leave until 9-10 pm believe the Valor out of

San Juan is one, so that is why I asked when ship would leave port.

And yes, that is even the case if the Eagles make the dance this year which is increasingly possible.

Especially the way they just killed our Bears last week!!!! Going to the Bears/Packers game tomorrow....and I'm saling during Super Bowl...fingers crossed for a much better showing then last week.

Unless you're leaving out of San Juan, I dont think you'll have to worry about missing any part of the SuperBowl... My understanding is that it is suppose to start @ 8:30 and the ships should be leaving between 4-5:00 so you should be fine..

Now in my case, I'm leaving the day before and will on the Lido Deck watching the game and missing my favorite meal of Veal Parmigna in the dining room!!!! But I will be having Guys Burgers for dinner instead :)

Kick off is 630 pm EST...figure out where you are going to watch the game when you first board...make sure the spot is serving snacks or plan on having a big lunch on the lido deck...lot more fun when you are watching the game with a group of your fellow cruisers from your favorite NFL team

I have friends sailing on the Valor out of San Juan that leaves at 10pm on Superbowl night. They have done this sailing before but never left that late. They are wondering themselves what will happen with the game during muster.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Wouldnt be suprised if they do musster say 9 pm so they can get it done before superbowl.

Saw the superbowl about a year ago on a Carnival ship and it had an international feed so all the commercials were not what we normally get.

Well that's different. Not sure if it's exciting or disappointing. Thank goodness all the commercials get posted on You Tube!

Kick off is 6:30 EST

Our ship leaves from the West coast at 4.

Hummmm...this could be interesting.

So the moral of this thread is: nobody knows.

Oh well, thanks for everyone's opinions. I'll let you know the final verdict when we return from our cruise. :cool:

GoHawksBroncosPanthersColts!!!!!

I have done several super bowl cruises just remember there is something called tape delay;)

You still havnt answered when your cruise is leaving

So I will Say GO NINERS :D

They could put it off for a while if they wanted here is the real rule on lifeboat drill.

This is from CC. http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4719

"The SOLAS regulations pertaining to muster drills are fairly short and straightforward. They require that the drill take place within 24 hours of embarkation. The regulations differentiate between a muster and a "safety briefing." According to SOLAS rules, whenever new passengers embark, a safety briefing must be held "immediately before sailing, or immediately after sailing," consisting of at least a PA announcement. This may be supplemented with other info -- by written materials contained within each cabin, for instance. Regulations require that the safety briefing provides "clear instructions" that "detail the actions each person on board should follow in the event of an emergency." But a muster, where passengers are physically assembled, is required only within 24 hours of sailing."