Two Weeks on ROYAL PRINCESS in pictures: Dec. 1-15, 2013 B2B

dmwnc1959

Hi Shana51!

Dave did a B2B in December on RP. He was required to get off, but was back on the ship in 16 minutes! There were 85 people doing the b2b on Dec. 8th. I sailed with Dave on the Dec 1. Since he was in the same stateroom, he did not have to pack up his luggage in between. I believe he did not have to do the emergency drill on the second leg as well. Hope that answers your question.

Try to keep warm, it's awful here in Ohio this winter. :rolleyes:

Hi Linda!

Correct on all counts. ;)

Shana51: From the 2-week Bon Voyage LIVE thread here are the specific details on paper that we were given for Turn Around Day:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40898488&postcount=436

810jw616 (Jo): At Gelato the scoops and cones were 1 punch, the delicious alcoholic sundaes were 2 punches.

THANKS everyone for the kind words, I'm glad you're still enjoying the pictures!!!

:D

I forgot to mention that we received the Turn Around Day package around 5pm the night prior to returning to Fort Lauderdale. When we disembarked they scanned us 'out' using the old card, and when we re-embarked they scanned us back 'in' using the new card.

Congratulations Dave on a wonderful review of our December 8 2013 cruise. You certainly nailed it!! We booked the Regal for Dec, 7,2014 Thanks again

The Kids Sheila and Marty

THANKS! And have a marvelous time on Regal Princess!!! I can't wait to see what interior decor differences there are between the two sister ships. :D

Link to B2B Royal Princess review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=246787

Hey Dave Hope you are surviving this crappy winter ok. I can't wait to do a mini cruise in March!

So beleive it or not I will probably be booking the Regal for Dec. You know I was on the fence when we were on the Royal. I had a good time. Ship was beautiful, enjoyed the food and entertainment. When I think back I realize how busy I was and came back rested its all good! I saw a thread that talks about Ron being CD and Ryan going with him yayyyyyy. So all the elements are there to book the Regal for DH & I.

Have you been able to get any good info on the Regal yet?

Be well

Hi Andrea!

Still cold, snowy, and crappy here. No new info on Regal Princess, give it a few more weeks and I'm sure we'll see some bare bones pictures. She's probably still a mess on the inside since they really won't beginning outfitting her in earnest until late March. I'm waiting for the Winter 2015/2016 itineraries to see if booking a B2B on Regal Princess is in my future. I'm sure Ron and Ryan will be happy to see you again!!!

Hi Andrea!

Still cold, snowy, and crappy here. No new info on Regal Princess, give it a few more weeks and I'm sure we'll see some bare bones pictures. She's probably still a mess on the inside since they really won't beginning outfitting her in earnest until late March. I'm waiting for the Winter 2015/2016 itineraries to see if booking a B2B on Regal Princess is in my future. I'm sure Ron and Ryan will be happy to see you again!!!

I would love if they did the southern caribbean intinerary or mix it up a bit but I will be happy just to get away from work and cold weather.

Royal Princess Bridge Tour (55 pictures)

Loved your photos! It's getting me excited for the Royal Princess and I'm still trying to decide between it and the NCL Star for a Baltic Cruise.

just curious… how do you get to do a Bridge tour? i've never gotten to do one on NCL.

Thanks!

I would love if they did the southern caribbean intinerary or mix it up a bit but I will be happy just to get away from work and cold weather.

Alternating Eastern/Southern on Regal Princess would be sweet! ;) I actually had a dream this evening I was doing a westbound transatlantic cruise. Maybe I need to check those prices too! ;)

Loved your photos! It's getting me excited for the Royal Princess and I'm still trying to decide between it and the NCL Star for a Baltic Cruise.

just curious… how do you get to do a Bridge tour? i've never gotten to do one on NCL.

Thanks!

I'm glad you like the pictures! Royal Princess is a gorgeous ship. :D

As for the bridge tour, it was by 'invitation only'. Mine was arranged in recognition of the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread that ran on these boards for the first half of 2013.

Which ever ship you choose, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Edited by dmwnc1959

Hi Dave,

I enjoyed your LIVE from Royal and pictures so much that it give me the inspiration to do a LIVE from the Regal for her first ten days in the Caribbean on 11/06 and 11/09 this year.

Thanks again :)

Hi Bugsy,

I remember you from the NCL boards back in the day when Breakaway and Gambee's review were the main topics.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! I'll look for your LIVE thread on Regal Princess. Quite a few folks on that sailing are friends, so you'll be in good company.

• 3 weeks later...
Wonderful post with tons of pictures and information! Cant wait to sail her on Feb 7, 2015~

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! :D

In my signature there is a link to the LIVE thread with lots more details of the cruise, and it will help put some of the pictures in context.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I've spent the better part of 3 hours trying to find an answer to my question, but have not found an easy way to search without getting lost and distracted by all the other great information on the threads.

I have learned, tho, that you are THE expert on the Royal Princess. Can you tell me if there are connecting rooms on the Royal? Not just connecting balconies, but connecting rooms, preferably balcony rooms.

Thanks so much!

Hi Dave,

I've spent the better part of 3 hours trying to find an answer to my question, but have not found an easy way to search without getting lost and distracted by all the other great information on the threads.

I have learned, tho, that you are THE expert on the Royal Princess. Can you tell me if there are connecting rooms on the Royal? Not just connecting balconies, but connecting rooms, preferably balcony rooms.

Thanks so much!

Hi Susan,

Although the Princess Cruises website doesn't show them, the original PDF file deck plans released in 2012 do. There don't appear to be very many of them, or if they actually came into existence, but they are indicated with a connecting door between cabins. Take a look at Caribe Deck 238-250 and you'll see what I mean.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

It may help to find all the ones that do show as connecting, then call Princess Cruises or your TA to see if they are available.

Hope this helps!

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much!

Yes, definitely there are some as my stepdaughter and family had two connecting insides, B236 and 232. As Dave said, the original deck plans showed which cabins were connecting but they do now show any more. When we booked I made a list of some of them that I could probably dig out if you needed.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

OK...I went through my file and, lo and behold, I had made a list of connecting balcony cabins on the Royal. As said, DD and family had connecting insides (B 236 and B232) and were hoping to upgrade, only if connecting cabins were available, so I went through the deck plan in detail and made these notes. If I was booking any of these I would reconfirm that they are connecting with Princess, but this is what my notes said. Note: the original deck plan showed a connecting door between these cabins. I did not make a list of the connecting insides as DD and family already had these two cabins.

Deck 8-None connecting

Deck 9-D146 and 148. D145 and 147.

Deck 10-C509 and 511. C250 and 246. C238 and 242. C251 and 247

Deck 11-B238 and 242. B246 and 250. B247 and 251.

Deck 12-A720 and 718. A721 and 719. A626 and 624. A635 and 633. A126 and 128. A127 and 129

Deck 14-None connecting

Deck 15-none connecting

Deck 16-none connecting

Hope this helps! Hi Dave...hope all is well with you!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I forgot to mention that we received the Turn Around Day package around 5pm the night prior to returning to Fort Lauderdale. When we disembarked they scanned us 'out' using the old card, and when we re-embarked they scanned us back 'in' using the new card.

Makes perfect sense.

Dave and SunsetBeachGal - Thank you, thank you, thank you for replying and for the information! It is exactly what I was looking for. CCer's never fail!! My mother-in-law is trying to plan a trip for 17 of us. My husband's brother has three kids and she would like to book them connecting rooms. She did this for them on the Celebrity Solstice last June and it worked very nicely for them.

Thanks again!!!

I upgraded our room on the Royal to a mini suite A211 a couple of months

ago. The deck plan looks like it shows a connecting door, but the description

on the room says connecting NA. It will be interesting to see when we board

in 3 weeks. I never book connecting, but this was the last mini available at

the lower price, so I took a chance.

Dave and SunsetBeachGal - Thank you, thank you, thank you for replying and for the information! It is exactly what I was looking for. CCer's never fail!! My mother-in-law is trying to plan a trip for 17 of us. My husband's brother has three kids and she would like to book them connecting rooms. She did this for them on the Celebrity Solstice last June and it worked very nicely for them.

Thanks again!!!

You are welcome. Keep in mind that there are relatively few connecting cabins in relation to how large this ship is, and if your family wants connecting cabins they should jump on it as soon as their dates are firmed up. I kept a close tab on availability of them on our voyage, and in many cases only one of the two cabins was booked but that means that the option for connecting is gone! They are not going to move someone just because another person wants to book the connecting cabin next to them.

Oh...and have travel agent mark DO Not Upgrade!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal