Two Weeks on ROYAL PRINCESS in pictures: Dec. 1-15, 2013 B2B

dmwnc1959

Dave,

We had a visit from our former next door neighbor and her two grown granddaughters yesterday. After living here with her husband for several years, they moved back to Uruguay where their family lives.

Beatriz and Jorge (recently deceased) treated us to our very first cruise on the Sun Princess in 1998. Before she and the girls left yesterday, I showed her some of your photos of the Royal Princess and told her what a beautiful ship it was. Ooh, Aaah. ;) She also enjoyed your picture that I use for my desktop picture.

Before coming for this surprise visit, she indicated that she'd like to go on our next cruise with us. So.... that could be the Regal..... we have to start saving our pennies. The Royal will be in New England, but I'm not sure we're ready for the cool weather. It's going to be 59 here tomorrow and "blustery".... Brrr. So, we may stick with the southern climes. Ha Ha.

I will add that we've seen each other a few times since their return to Uruguay when they have come to the States for visits.

But, I just wanted to let you know that your pictures live!!!!

Take care up there. Do you have your sled or toboggan handy?? That includes all of you up north. :)

Lynne

Well, according to my computer I downloaded 3,459 pictures from my camera and iPhone. That total doesn't even count the ones that I took while on Royal Princess and then deleted them for some reason or another. But I've narrowed it down to only 1,391 pictures. ;)

Those taken at our Meet and Greets I've posted directly on those Roll Calls. And as many pictures as I took, and even though I ate in Sabatini's twice, funny thing is I never took pictures of that dining venue other than of the table that night our group ate there. And I wish I had taken more 'people' pictures. I regret not doing that.

With that said, here are the various albums covering my two weeks on Royal Princess.

Maybe through these images you will enjoy the journey as much as I did. I truly hope you enjoy them. :D

Royal Princess, Part 1 (482 pictures)

Royal Princess Bridge Tour (55 pictures)

Up, Down, and Around (Stairwells, some art, etc., 49 pictures)

Royal Princess, Part 2 (696 pictures)

Patters, MDR, menus, etc. (65 pictures)

Happy New Year to everyone!!! :D:D:D

Hi again Dave,

Your pictures and groupings were absolutely stunning! It was like going back in a time machine and reliving every glorious moment of my cruise. Thank you again!

Wow, wow, wow!!!

So many adjectives come to mind, and most have already been stated. Just captivating!

All are exceptional, but I particularly liked the one with your 'mirror image' imposed on the windows of the Allure with the Royal banner beneath you. So cool! :D

Thanks again for everything, Dave! Can't wait to come aboard in April!

Well, according to my computer I downloaded 3,459 pictures from my camera and iPhone. That total doesn't even count the ones that I took while on Royal Princess and then deleted them for some reason or another. But I've narrowed it down to only 1,391 pictures. ;)

Those taken at our Meet and Greets I've posted directly on those Roll Calls. And as many pictures as I took, and even though I ate in Sabatini's twice, funny thing is I never took pictures of that dining venue other than of the table that night our group ate there. And I wish I had taken more 'people' pictures. I regret not doing that.

With that said, here are the various albums covering my two weeks on Royal Princess.

Maybe through these images you will enjoy the journey as much as I did. I truly hope you enjoy them. :D

Royal Princess, Part 1 (482 pictures)

Royal Princess Bridge Tour (55 pictures)

Up, Down, and Around (Stairwells, some art, etc., 49 pictures)

Royal Princess, Part 2 (696 pictures)

Patters, MDR, menus, etc. (65 pictures)

Happy New Year to everyone!!! :D:D:D

Interesting. We just came off of a 7 night western caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. I did the ultimate ship tour, and we were told no cameras or cell phone pictures in any of the areas!

Interesting. We just came off of a 7 night western caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. I did the ultimate ship tour, and we were told no cameras or cell phone pictures in any of the areas!

I believe Dave was on a tour of the bridge, not the ultimate ship tour.

Bill and Paula - it was a pleasure chatting with you both. The one time you ran into me I was in the middle of downloading a bunch pictures to Flickr and felt so rude that I didn't stop and spend more time with you. :(

Happy ks - Glad you liked the pictures! As old as I'm getting it may be the only way I'll remember the cruise. ;)

lynwar - Lynne, THANKS for sharing the pictures with your friends. Hopefully you'll all cruise together one day on Royal Princess or Regal Princess. And right now it is 2 degrees outside. Not enjoying this cold weather, and to think I was actually complaining about how hot it was in the Caribbean during the cruise. :eek:

LogansNini - Hi Linda! I don't think I took enough pictures. I guess that means I need to go back again and catch the things I missed. LOL! :D As for the Dueling Pianos, it could have been a number of things; costs, shear weight of that much glass along with needed deck support, or the fact that they may not have been able to use them for the intended purpose that much to begin with.

lfk60 - The 'mirrored image' picture I would have never taken had I not stopped and talked with this one guy who was checking out Allure of the Seas. I was headed from Deck 19 forward to the Outrigger Bar at the stern and stopped briefly to take a picture of the ship when he made a comment about her size. We talked for a while, that's when I 'saw' myself in the Allure reflection. :D

newtexan - This was an invitation-only Bridge Tour. And I'm quite sure if photography was not allowed, they would have asked me to put away my camera. :)

Hi

What stunning photos! You've managed to capture everything!

Well I'm inspired by the photography & grateful for the 'inside' view of life on the ship. It truly is a stunning ship.

We're travelling on the Regal in August and can't wait. I especially loved the photos of the food!

Thanks for sharing!

simbacat2014 - Have a wonderful cruise on Regal Princess! Waiting to see if any new pictures leak out of her, and if they do I'll post them. There were still some areas that I somehow managed to miss completely. Guess I'll have to go back. ;)

regi1963 - Glad you enjoyed the pictures! She is a lovely ship and there was so much to see and do, two weeks just wasn't enough.

The Beatlemaniacs on Royal Princess: this is just a short 84 second clip of their 1-hour atrium show. These guys were really amazing!

Thanks! I hope they are back on board when we go in April!

Now if they could teach 'Paul' to play with his left hand, all would be perfect! :D

I hope the Beatlemaniacs will be on our sailing in three weeks, that would be great.

I've taken a look at their homepage and they have quite a few shows up in Canada from now through March. Who knows though, maybe they'll steal away for a few days between gigs up there and appear on Royal Princess.

Thank you for sharing the photos. You just made me 10 times more excited about my TA crossing in April/May:):D:)

And Princess should definitely update their brochures with your photos...just amazing and beautiful!

Edited by catsforkids

The Kids are ready for the next cruise. Dave, do you know any details about the Regal yet, as you have done when the Royal was being built? Are there any additions to elevators and stairwells. Royal cruise was magnificent so we are contemplating the Regal.

Thanks and have a nice year. Yes, it is cold today in Florida 40's but warm compared to the rest of the country.

Always the best

The Kids

Hello,

Today is "parka" weather for sure down here, because of the wind. It's very breezy and that is the culprit for feeling much colder.

I've been keeping warm by reading the current Royal review, with photos. You set the stage, for that, Dave. :) It's so nice to revisit the ship and ports.

Stay warm up there if you can, Everyone!!! Thankfully, the temps will have moderated by the time this week's cruise returns, and the cruisers arriving in Ft. Lauderdale this past weekend, had the "warm" day before the frigid dip.

Take care. Lynne

Yes, it would be interesting to see if there are any changes for the Regal.

Linda - Thanks for the kind words. I hope you have as wonderful of a time as I did. There was so much to do and see, that two weeks for me just wasn't enough. :D

Sheila and Marty - Regal Princess will probably have some minor differences in interior decor, but the layout of public spaces will be pretty much identical. There are rumors of a very small (dipping) pool to be located on Sun Deck aft of the Fitness Center, the center stair column may be refitted for passenger use, and that the small walkway behind the lifeboats will be accessible to passengers so that they can walk the length of the ship. Of course there will be no wrap walkway around the aft or bow. I expect no changes to be made to the actual size and number of elevators, but then again I never found them to be an issue.

Lynne - I've been scouring all of the same sites I used during the 'Everything' thread and so far nothing has come up on Regal Princess. That's about the same as it was for Royal Princess when I starred that thread on January 12, 2013. It was actually a couple of months after that before we started getting good, updated exterior pictures. So I would expect the same for Regal Princess, but as soon as I see something I'll post it. ;)