Two Weeks on ROYAL PRINCESS in pictures: Dec. 1-15, 2013 B2B

dmwnc1959

David, it's amazing that looking at your more than 1,000 photos feels like only seeing 20 or 30. That's a testament to your talents as a photographer. I wish there were a thousand more to see.

You definitely have an eye for seeing--and capturing--what others don't see. Your photos show me how much I missed in that one week I sailed with you on the cruise.

With your obvious love of ships (and photography), I can't imagine how you can wait two years before sailing again.

May the oceans call to you in the new year...

~ Roseann

I will give you all the credit --no worries. My photos aren't near your calibre.

Today we were taking lots of pictures with our Kodak digital, but it was a different subject: our new great-grandson! His parents and grandparents (hubby's daughter) came for a visit today. The baby was born in the evening of Dec. 23, so is still tiny.

Getting back to the cruise topic--I was up around 4:45 AM today but went back to bed knowing that the Royal Princess would be OK if I didn't watch her arrival on the webcam. ;) I missed her departure today because of our company, but know I can go back to your photos and see her at sunset with Ft. Lauderdale in the distance.

Happy Sunday. Lynne

THANKS for all the very kind words, and I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the pictures! No one may notice until later, but I accidentally deleted another picture, this time from the Menu's section, Day 2 the appetizer side. Sorry!

Bill and Paula - no plans for the next two years, however I may jump on a last minute Princess Cruises special but I hate to leave Gray Kitty again for so long. We'll have to play it by ear.

John - Guess you're on the Countdown to the Regal Princess Caribbean Inaugurals? I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, and wish I could be there for that first Fort Lauderdale Sail Away!

After you have walked past The Library and before you get to the aft elevator lobby and Vista Lounge, there is a door on the left that leads out to the aft promenade deck. There is a corresponding door on the port side as well. It was a sanctuary of peace and quiet (especially the port side when it was shaded)and I enjoyed most those loungers all the way at the very end that overlooked the stern. One day I fell asleep back there for an hour!

I like that... :D

David - Yes, the Countdown to Regal Princess is on now! I have decided to do my first B2B2B. Of course, I'm going to do the first 3-day Caribbean Inaugural, and then the 2 following 7-day cruises for 17 days total. Yes, I must be crazy or something, but after enjoying two of the best cruises ever on the Royal earlier this month, I just can't help myself! I will use the FCC earned from the short West Coast cruise I'm taking on Sapphire next month. :D I will be sailing solo for the first time as Tom isn't going to be able to make it. I wish you could be there for the first Fort Lauderdale sail away too, but I know you will be there looking through the lens of the webcam. ;)

Thank you again for sharing all of your beautiful photos. I have saved some of them to my flickr favorites so I can quickly go back a re-live such a wonderful vacation. One of my favorites is the one taken on the last night of the cruise with you, Jackie, Bob, Tom and me. Our little B2B group! :)

My best wishes to you David for a Happy New Year!

Edited by CruisinJohn

Thanks dmwnc1959 for sharing some great photos. I look forward to exploring those spaces myself in June.

My already had to loosen my belt a notch just looking at those photos of the International Café offerings. "May I please have one.....of everything":)

Was the bridge tour by invitation only, or a lottery please?

Lynne - Congrats on the Great Grandson! How proud you must be. :D As for watching Royal Princess arrive on webcam, it just makes me miss it all the more, so I too have quit torturing myself. I still may peek now and then. ;)

StevenW - the Bridge Tour was by invitation only. And I lost over 40 pounds getting ready for my cruise, and it was a good thing I did!

Mom33 and Rosanne - THANKS for the kind words. The camera has been officially put away back in the closet, until next time.

John - man I wish I could do the B2B2B with you but I'm sure Gray Kitty would be pretty mad at me! I hope you have a superb time on Regal Princess. :D There's also another picture in Part 2 of you and Tom with the Mexican hat waiter from the Outrigger Bar the night Allure of the Seas sailed away. That was a lot of fun to watch. Such good times... :D

Thank you so much for the professional and extremely thorough photo album of the Royal Princess. It is the best I've seen for any ship. Princess should pay you to make a brochure for the Royal.

I am booked on the Royal next November. At first I had reservations due to some not so favorable reviews. We love the Southern Caribbean itinerary so we booked her anyway. Your photos have me looking forward to sailing on the Royal.

John - man I wish I could do the B2B2B with you but I'm sure Gray Kitty would be pretty mad at me! I hope you have a superb time on Regal Princess. :D There's also another picture in Part 2 of you and Tom with the Mexican hat waiter from the Outrigger Bar the night Allure of the Seas sailed away. That was a lot of fun to watch. Such good times... :D

I wish you could do the B2B2B too, but I'm sure Gray Kitty would probably disown you! It is very likely I'll have to travel solo on these cruises, but it shouldn't be a problem. To cut the costs I've re-booked an inside "sideways" stateroom like the one you had. I wish I could, but cannot afford to pay double for a balcony stateroom. :eek: Lucky for me, I was able to get the same stateroom for all 3 voyages. Any guess where it might be? :rolleyes:

I did see the nice picture you took of Tom and I with the Mexican hat waiter from the Outrigger. The Outrigger Bar definitely served up some very good Margaritas! Yes, it was so much fun watching Allure of the Seas sailing away. Indeed, those were such good times! Through your beautiful photography, I'm able to go back and re-live those good times whenever I want! :)

Dave, thanks for the fabulous photos--they brought back so many great memories from our time on the Royal this fall. Loved all the little details that you noticed and captured in your camera lens. She is such a magnificent ship, and I'm so glad you had a great cruise. I'm ready to go back for another cruise on the Royal, but we have the Star coming up to Hawaii in February, so that will do it for awhile. All the best to you in 2014, and thanks for all you have done to create wonderful memories for all of us in 2013.

Susan

Fantastic photos Dave, thank you for sharing! I can't wait to sail again on the Royal and for sure on the Regal. I'm sure my time on the ship was made even more special by all you lovely Cruise Critic folks, but boy, isn't she a beauty? Who wouldn't want to return? I was whining earlier about how long I have to wait before going on another cruise and my hubby spoilt his surprise so I'd quit whining! Lol!! Seems he's been planning to take me on the Ruby next week for my birthday! It's a quick getaway, but I'm so excited!

kendon and jb9991 - CONGRATS on the new bookings! I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

HRPro and kdmilwaukee - I'm really glad you enjoyed the pictures! She is such a gorgeous ship and my time aboard her was just too short.

luv4cruises - THANKS for the kind words, maybe I'll submit some of those on the next Princess Cruises photography contest. And those 10-night cruises next year on Royal Princess look pretty tempting.

John - if you booked C406 just little hint on the cabin door. At night, when you're turning in and have turned the lock over, give the door another little push. It seems to seal out the hallway light better, although some still leaks in at the bottom. Nothing that a pillow won't cover up.

Rox - Happy Birthday! And it would be interesting to hear your comparisons between the two ships. I'm sure you'll have a very nice time in Ruby Princess as well. She is a lovely ship.

Thanks dave!! You are our man of the year. We could not have done it without you.your dedication to the cruise was exceptional. Happy new year to you and your family. May we all meet again on the next good ship/

the kids

sheila and marty

Hi Dave. Happy New Year's Eve. I'm at the Fort Lauderdale airport waiting to fly home after a wonderful week here. We did see the ship but didn't hear it. I can't wait to see your many photos when I get home tomorrow.

Hi Benny - have a safe flight, hope you enjoy the pictures! Flickr has been a bit slow lately, so it may take a little while for each set to download.

Sheila and Marty - Man of the Year, huh? ;)

It has been an amazing year, and hard to believe that it was nearly a year ago when we started that journey together with the 'Everything' thread.

I want to again say THANK YOU to everyone, for everything, and for making me feel so welcomed. I'm grateful that I was allowed to be a part of your lives in 2013, and hope that this new year brings all of you Joy and Happiness.

Best wishes to all in 2014, and with good fortune may you find yourself on a cruise. Regardless of ship or destination, I hope you have a truly wonderful experience.

Bon Voyage my friends!

David

John - if you booked C406 just little hint on the cabin door. At night, when you're turning in and have turned the lock over, give the door another little push. It seems to seal out the hallway light better, although some still leaks in at the bottom. Nothing that a pillow won't cover up.

David....Yes, I booked C406! Thanks so much for the hint on the cabin door! :)

Awesome shots David.

THANKS! And you may have me confused with a different David. I've never been on the Caribbean Princess, or married. :eek::o

David....Yes, I booked C406! Thanks so much for the hint on the cabin door! :)

Enjoy! That will always be my 'go to' cabin from now on. ;)

Excellent photos Dave, I love the many detail photos, like those of the tiles and carpet patterns. I love seeing the attention to detail that has been put into designing the Royal Princess.

THANKS Benny! I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Not much longer now!!!

And a healthy and happy new year to you, Dave. Thanks for adding so much fun and humor to my 2013!

Carole

Thanks, Carole! This past year now seems like it went by so quickly. The best of 2014 to you and your family! :D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Dave, Just read your review.......Very well done and very much as we saw the Royal.

We had a great week (12/8) and because of your photo's, we have a great record of one of the best cruises ever taken. Like you, we have over 50 cruises behind us and looking for more.

Thanks for the wonderful ride, hope to see you again some day on the high seas.

Have a great 2014,

Bill and Paula