Review of Silhouette Adriatic, Nov. 18 2013

cruise kitty

Reading your review and seeing your brilliant photos has brightened a dull winters day. We have been to a lot of the places you visited and the memories came flooding back. One question: you mentioned buying a nope passage. Tell me more. We are in the UK and haven't come across it for cruises?

Thanks again. Kath

Hi, when you're on the ship you can buy an open passage, it's $200 & you can use it as your deposit on a cruise in the future, it gives you some on board credit when you book...

For, example, I applied my open passage to my current cruise, allowing me to book with only the $200 that I'd paid on the cruise.

I have to add, these used to be a great value, but now, they're a bit useless, they've cut the OBC amount way back from what it used to be, so I probably won't purchase them in the future.

• 2 years later...
Just found this through a link in your signature. Compliments all round!!!

Thanks! I'm really enjoying your blog on the Solstice NZ & Australia cruise!

I have another photo review from the Cannes cruise last May that I really need to finish up... it's difficult to write up one while you're planning another :)

• 7 months later...

Wow, I just love your reviews. I came here because I've been following your Solstice review for the current cruise. Your photographs really are an essay all of themselves, and your posts so informative and chatty. I think I need to check out your other review, and then hope that it won't be too long before your next cruise. I think Celebrity should simply employ you and your man as roving PR people. Oh, and as a couple of cat lovers, my man and I appreciate those cute felines that pop up in some of your photos. In every holiday album we do there are always a few shots of furry friends we make along the way.

Wow, I just love your reviews. I came here because I've been following your Solstice review for the current cruise. Your photographs really are an essay all of themselves, and your posts so informative and chatty. I think I need to check out your other review, and then hope that it won't be too long before your next cruise. I think Celebrity should simply employ you and your man as roving PR people. Oh, and as a couple of cat lovers, my man and I appreciate those cute felines that pop up in some of your photos. In every holiday album we do there are always a few shots of furry friends we make along the way.

Wow, thanks so much! Yeah,we miss our kitties while we're away so lots of cat shots, if they're part of the local landscape.:) Next big planned cruise is to Ireland, Scotland & Iceland, not till May of next year, so long away, but that's how we can save up the $ & time away from work to travel!

Wow, thanks so much! Yeah,we miss our kitties while we're away so lots of cat shots, if they're part of the local landscape.:) Next big planned cruise is to Ireland, Scotland & Iceland, not till May of next year, so long away, but that's how we can save up the $ & time away from work to travel!

Sounds fantastic. Is that also with Celebrity? We are on the Solstice in a little under 5 weeks for Auckland to Fremantle - our first Celebrity cruise after previously being HAL cruisers. I feel we are going to love Celebrity and so either cruise line will do in future, depending on itinerary and cost. Our upcoming Solstice cruise drew me in because the price was so good (for Australians, that is - we pay way more than Americans pay for the same cruise), and also because, with one of our cats now being 19 years old, we want to stay reasonably close to home for the time being. It's now been over 3 years since we last visited Europe, though, and, well, we simply miss it.

Sounds fantastic. Is that also with Celebrity? We are on the Solstice in a little under 5 weeks for Auckland to Fremantle - our first Celebrity cruise after previously being HAL cruisers. I feel we are going to love Celebrity and so either cruise line will do in future, depending on itinerary and cost. Our upcoming Solstice cruise drew me in because the price was so good (for Australians, that is - we pay way more than Americans pay for the same cruise), and also because, with one of our cats now being 19 years old, we want to stay reasonably close to home for the time being. It's now been over 3 years since we last visited Europe, though, and, well, we simply miss it.

Hi, yes, we're back with Celebrity again, the Reflection this time, which we've never been on. We're comfortable with Celebrity, beautiful ships & great service, we mainly use the ship as a floating hotel, so we're not concerned with entertainment & activities so much.

I totally understand about the cats, we have 3 & one is getting quite elderly... Regarding the paying more than N. Americans, have you considered booking through a U.S. travel agent? I think you'd lose some protections that Aussies & European have, but you might get better pricing. :)