Hotels near Port Everglades

SthrnCruiser

We are planning on coming in the night before. If we drive, we will need to leave our car somewhere. Are there any hotels that allow you to leave your car there while you are gone?

You may also want to check the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We are planning on coming in the night before. If we drive, we will need to leave our car somewhere. Are there any hotels that allow you to leave your car there while you are gone?

Check out the board that Clarea posted, but honestly, any hotel on 17th street is RIGHT by the port!

In the past several years we have stayed at the LaQuinta airport and left our car there. They provided transportation to the port but we had to pay for the return ($25 if I remember right). No charge for keeping the car.

This year we are staying at the Rodeway Inn Airport and will be leaving our car. I know there are other hotels that will do the same.

Below is where we stayed. It was a nice room the shuttle service was efficient.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise

1150 State Road 84 Fort Lauderdale , Florida 33315 United States

Book online or call: 1 800 972 2604 |

Front Desk 954-828-9905

PARK AND CRUISE PKG

Package includes transportation for two to port everglades and complimentary parking while guest leaves vehicle at hotel during cruise. Transportation back to hotel is not included but can be set up with a third party company. Additional transfers to port 8.00 extra per person.

Complimentary Continental Breakfast also included.

Valid for new reservations only.

Check out the board that Clarea posted, but honestly, any hotel on 17th street is RIGHT by the port!

Closest, but most without free parking.

OP, lokk at parksleepstay.com or stay123.com to find those hotels with parking included in the one night stay. Some offer 7 and some 14 nights. Most will be in the Dania/airport area. Just 15 min from the port.

There are MANY threads here recommending the most popular chains.

Not to hijack but does anyone know if any of the hotels do day stays? Our flight isn't until 3:30 and it's Easter Sunday so we don't want to spend it in the airport..

You will need to call individual hotels. Some offer short day passes but ONLY if the rooms are available. ANd for your date...chances are not too many will have the rooms. You might want to rent a car, head to lunch on the beach and then return car at the airport.

Sharon, what a great link, thanks for sharing.:)

This should be a STICKY!!!

You're welcome. Parkingstay is awesome and I notice that they try to stay updated when hotels change benefits. Still, it's important to call the hotels directly to verify the benefits, and know that they are always discontinuing benefits. If you can get it in writing that you get free parking or shuttles you should still be able to get it if they start charging.

That site is awesome! Thanks.

One more question, if I priceline one of those hotels and get a bid, do you think the free long term parking would apply or I would need to book through the hotel themselves?

I think that as long as the hotel provides free parking to all guests (package not required) that you will get it too.

That site is awesome! Thanks.

One more question, if I priceline one of those hotels and get a bid, do you think the free long term parking would apply or I would need to book through the hotel themselves?

No, do NOT use priceline assuming you will get the parking included in the rate. PL only guarantees the room. So.. if the hotel WANTS to, they are in their rights to charge a per day parking rate for parking while you are NOT a guest.

My sister got stung this way a few years ago. Ended up having to pay $9.00 a day for their 12 night parking. They would have saved money by booking on one of the park and stay sites.

Assume you will get long term parking.. if you want. But you will have no recourse if the management wants to charge. Up to you.

And if you call to ask, what you hear via desk clerk that day, isn't written into stone the day you arrive.;)

If you stay a couple of times a year in a particular chain, it is also a good idea to check directly with that hotel chain for park and stay packages. I've got a couple of them booked for the next few months, and I booked them directly on the Hyatt and Hilton web sites. It is one of the options you can check on the side.