First time in a Grand Suite

4cats,1dog

Booked a Grand Suite for first time. We are platinum members going to Alaska Cruise tour on the Radiance OTS. Besides having an Awesome big room, what else can I expect. RCI web site only mentions the CL and reserve seating.

So, excited, can't wait to go. DH doesn't know, he thinks its a Balcony cabin.

He he he he

This will put us in Emerald... After 3 bad years, having to put off Alaska dream, I went for it!

Booked a Grand Suite for first time. We are platinum members going to Alaska Cruise tour on the Radiance OTS. Besides having an Awesome big room, what else can I expect. RCI web site only mentions the CL and reserve seating.

He he he he

This will put us in Emerald... After 3 bad years, having to put off Alaska dream, I went for it!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

He he he he

The perk I enjoy the most is being able to eat breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant. To me, it has the effect of making a large, full ship seem smaller and more intimate -- you see the same people more frequently.

Be warned...suites are habit-forming and can be dangerous to your wallet!

We have also enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaurants. Also, you will have a menu of the food offered in the main dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that you can use to order for room service in your suite.

The full service breakfast room service is especially nice on the days you have plans to go ashore.

Yes, you'll have access to the Concierge Lounge, which is a great place for free evening cocktails & munchies from about 5:00 to 8:30 (times may vary depending on the ship.) In addition, the CL has a wonderful gourmet-type coffee machine, which can give you espresso, cappuccino, coffee or hot water for tea 24/7 during your cruise. And you can depend on the services of the Concierge to assist you with whatever you need - like applying a coupon of some sort to your account, getting reservations/tickets to a show, changing your dining arrangement, hosting a party in your suite (figuring out food and drink), or anything else that you might need. Having a Concierge is like having a Mommy and it's truly something to be treasured. :p:):p

Yes, there is some reserved seating. I'm not sure on Radiance, but typically there is some reserved seating for suite guests/gold cards at the pool and in the theater.

Not sure about Radiance, but on some ships suite guests/gold cards have a private breakfast and lunch area in one of the specialty restaurants.

Priority tender tickets.

Complimentary pressing service for formal night.

Spa bathrobes for use aboard.

Priority check-in and departure.

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining.

Those are the suite benefits I can remember…alas...i't's been awhile...:p

Judy

Good on you! We enjoyed the extra choices on the menu for room service breakfast and dinner, and had breakfast either on the balcony or even just in our room enjoying the view. Having the option of going into the specialty restaurant are after getting the windjammer breakfast was a real treat and so nice and peaceful as well.

Our favorite thing would have to be the lovely concierge lounge. We will be diamond for the first time on our next cruise, which will be nice to be able to be in the diamond lounge, but alas we will be only in a balcony room this time. I am sure we will enjoy the trip, but I do agree, once you have been in a grand site, going back will be hard!

The perk I enjoy the most is being able to eat breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant. To me, it has the effect of making a large, full ship seem smaller and more intimate -- you see the same people more frequently.

Be warned...suites are habit-forming and can be dangerous to your wallet!

I believe that you will find that only breakfast is served for Gold Card Members on Radiance class ships in Chops, since it is located on Deck 6.

On Voyager and Freedom class ships, Gold Card Members are assigned to one of the Specialty Restaurants since they are located outside of the WJ and on the same deck.

He he he he

prepare to be spoiled by the space. also the full size table on the balcony big enough to have dinner on( although you may want to bring it inside heheh)

I love the fact that you can order of the MDR menu during open hours for room service delivery( just be advised it all comes at once!) you will probably get 'little' things all week.. like you'll walk in and there will be a plate of fruit and cheese on the bar. just because.

If I remember correctly, the Concierge Lounge on the Radiance is located on Deck 13. It had one wall that was entirely glass. We used to sit at one of the tables and gaze out on the most spectacular scenery as we sipped our cappuccino. A small thing to be sure, but a very nice experience and memory!

in addition to all the things listed above, there will usually be a cocktail hour with senior staff, this last time on the Explorer they actually had a very nice dinner for suite or pinnacle guests as well.

In addition to all that has been mentioned, when we sailed on Freedom in a GS the concierge hosted a Suites Slot tournament - totally free and lots of fun. He also hosted a galley tour and a bridge tour. I'm sure it must vary by ship and concierge but rest assured, you'll get special perks every day that will forever spoil you. Enjoy your Alaskan dream cruise and your GS!

Just off Freedom. While we didn't have a slot tourny or bridge tour, the Concierge did set up a GS only galley tour. We loved having the "happy hour" each night. We found one of the biggest perks was the luggage valet service- we signed up, got our luggage tags and boarding passes delivered to our room, put our luggage out the last night on the ship, and didn't touch it again until we arrived at JFK! When we went thru Customs the guy looked at us and said "travel light, huh?" cause all we had were our backpacks!!

I haven't been on Radiance since last June but at that time there was no suite breakfast or lunch in any specialty restaurant. If they have breakfast in Chops, that would be something new.

There is no gold card seating by the pool either. There has been, as of my June cruise, a gold card area at the very front of the ship in front of the gym. It is rarely used except on the day of Hubbard Glacier for viewing. It is clearly marked with a gate that has a picture of a gold card on it.

There was also no priority guest services line unfortunately.

Gina

Freedom also had the priority service line at Guest Services, and seating on deck 12 for Gold card suite members only. Very windy there, but always totally empty and quiet. We ate breakfast in the Portofino restuarant each morning - dd brought in her buffet food, but we also could ordered omelets, eggs benedict, bagels, etc., and they would prepare it fresh for us right there, and bring it to our table. They also had a decent spread of danish, breads, cereals, lox, muslix, yougurt to pick from. Very nice. Also, for each production show there was a balcony section held for suite guests - great seats! Enjoy your suite!

Edited by pe4all

Subscribing to this thread, thanks everyone for their input.

Wife & I just upgraded to our first Grand Suite for our cruise in March on Independence to celebrate our 10-year anniversary. Never had higher than a JS and wanted to this cruise to be not like the others! :)

Edited by Nabalab