Cozumel with a toddler

claowens

We are cruising on the Nav In February with my daughter, SIL and 20 month grand daughter. Would like to take her to the beach. Which one would be best for a couple of hours? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are cruising on the Nav In February with my daughter, SIL and 20 month grand daughter. Would like to take her to the beach. Which one would be best for a couple of hours? Thanks

Paradise Beach - nice facilities, huge pool, nice beach, good food/drinks/service. Cab fare for up to 4 in a cab will run about $16+tip each way and chair rental fee is only $2 each.

Are you going by taxi? If so what about car seats? Do you know if you have to have one in Coz?

The laws of physics apply world wide, even if the local law enforcement does not care -- your child will be much safer in a car seat.

Yes, I understand that just wondering if we should take a car seat or if the resort may have transportation that maybe included a car seat? Probably just need to plan on taking one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here is a similar thread from earlier. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41059545#post41059545

We had a day pass at Allegro hotel with my 18 month old grandson and family as there is a baby splash pool area, playground and beach. Use google images for photos.

El Cid and Park Royal hotels are within walking distance of International Pier and are convenient in that you do not require transport and are easy to get back to the ship for lunch or nap.

If you want to travel to multiple locations ToursPlaza has child seats for hire.

Yes, I understand that just wondering if we should take a car seat or if the resort may have transportation that maybe included a car seat? Probably just need to plan on taking one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Playa Mia is great for kids - beach, water park, etc.

Most use taxis to get to the various beach clubs - depending upon which pier our ship is at the fare to most of the popular beach clubs (Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Nachi, Playa Mia, etc.) for up to 4 in a cab will be about $16+tip. I would tip the driver a couple of extra bucks for the time spent installing and removing the car seat. ;)

Are car seats required in Cozumel....no. That would normally be up to you to bring along if you want to use them. Many of the taxis don't even have seatbelts.

When I am waiting in the taxi line and my cab arrives with no seat belts :eek: (or sometimes with knotted belts :confused:), I step aside and wait for a cab with seat belts. When I tip the driver I let him know that I appreciate him having seatbelts.

As you stated, it is up to you to decide -- I choose to wait in order to be safe; others just jump in.

We will be traveling with our now 3 year old and trying to figure out what to do this time. She went with us to Paradise Beach last February (26 months) and loved it! There pool was perfect for her and she loved playing in the sand. I just held her in the taxi.

I know you're asking about beaches, but wanted to throw this out there as well-we were just in Cozumel last week and had not planned an excursion. We thought we would spend the day shopping and go to lunch. We got bored really quickly and ended up jumping on an excursion at the last minute. We went on the semi-sub tour which meets at the end of the pier and you walk right onto the semi-sub. You don't have to get in a vehicle and go anywhere. The ride was 2.25 hours and it was really cool. There is a bathroom and if you get sea sick you can sit outside on the top deck. No-one in our boat had to do that though. We ride right over the coral reef and saw tons of wildlife. We really enjoyed it and even talked about what a cool excursion it would be for kids. They actually get to be underwater in an enclosed cabin and watch all three beautiful fish swim by. I highly recommend for families or those with mobility issues if you can navigate down a few steep stairs. This wouldn't work for those confined to a wheelchair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info! We will be arriving in March on the Freedom of the Seas. Does Park Royal have a non- AI day pass?

Park Royal is a cashless system and day passes have to be bought at the lobby. The only other way is via a timeshare presentation. See the following links for more information

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911436

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39964508&postcount=6

Park Royal is a cashless system and day passes have to be bought at the lobby. The only other way is via a timeshare presentation. See the following links for more information

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911436

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39964508&postcount=6

Meant to add there is more than one type of pass at El Cid, AI, facilities and food credit (non AI) and evening. As far as I know just one AI at Park Royal.

We will be doing our 3rd visit to Cozumel in April, and have gone to Chankanaab every time. My girls are 5 and 3 but my oldest was 16 mos the first time she went. It's a great place with young kids! Little lagoon and beach they can splash in, sea lion show, and lots to explore. If you bring a little umbrella stroller there is a lagoon with path around it that's pretty shady, perfect for a walk at nap time. :). We just always take a taxi there. Have fun I see a lot of good suggestions!