AQ or CC on Eclipse

ncdachsiemom

I have a chance to upgrade from a Concierge Class C2 angled balcony room to an Aqua Class room with a large angled balcony...at no additional charge. Is Blu worth it....I understand I can still eat in the MDR every night if I choose to, but wondering if trying the food in Blu is worth doing the upgrade. Does anyone have a current Blu menu? All I can find show just one day. Thanks for your opinions!

If the location of the C2 and Aqua Class are equal, take it. Typically the CC cabins have a better location as the Aqua Class cabins are below the pool and gym and some can be noisey. Check the Solstice class cabin rating spreadsheet on cruise critic . Read the evaluations of the cabins by people who have stayed in them. A great tool for cabin selection.

In addition to Blu, you have other perks that you might enjoy- If you dine in Blu and do not like it, you can change and dine in the main diningroom and of course for a fee the specialty restaurants. At least we were able to in the past.

Enjoy your cruise.

We got Aqua room for less that a Concierge. They might be asking you to take Aqua room so they can sell your room for a higher price. Ceck online for prices.

For us the locations does not seem that bad. We like the A2 locations better than A1. The food in Blu for me is not that great. Breakfast is nice, but the tables for 2 are so close. You almost have to talk to the people next to you. Blu seems to have more fowl, duck, pheasant. Just not my type of food. One night it was so bad we went to Select Dining. I had the meat loaf another night it looked like cat food. In the end I'm planning on giving Aqua another chance.

We got Aqua room for less that a Concierge. They might be asking you to take Aqua room so they can sell your room for a higher price. Richard

I simply cannot wait for the meatloaf that looks like cat food!

I simply cannot wait for the meatloaf that looks like cat food!

Why would a person order meatloaf on a cruise ship? On the other hand, there are people who stand in line at the buffet to get slices of cardboard with marinara sauce and cheese, also called pizza according to the sign. :)

Why would a person order meatloaf on a cruise ship? On the other hand, there are people who stand in line at the buffet to get slices of cardboard with marinara sauce and cheese, also called pizza according to the sign. :)

I was joking. Meatloaf ain't my thang, at home or anywhere. However, my partner loves it. The consistency bugs me.

I was joking. Meatloaf ain't my thang, at home or anywhere. However, my partner loves it. The consistency bugs me.

The food in Eclipse is real good. In my opinion, probably among the best of the Solstice class ships. I take pictures of special dishes and the presentation is tops on that ship.

As for meatloaf, if you add enough catsup or gravy, it will taste real good. But as you mentioned, there are wide variations in recipes.

Agree with those who say check on the location of the AQ cabin. We had a large angled balcony AQ cabin on Eclipse last year. We LOVED Blu, we really liked the size of the balcony (although disappointed that it got no sun due to the overhang). However we were in the cabin next to the window-washing equipment which was mildly irritating when trying to take some nice balcony pictures, but the cabin next door, and equivalent on the opposite side had the equipment directly in front. We were also under the hairdressing but the cabins on the opposite side were directly under the Aquaspa Cafe, with noise issues.

If you can choose you cabin number I would say go for it, but if you are restricted to one or two cabins it's worth looking at the sticky at the top of the page http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018 to find out more info about the AQ cabin they are offering.

We LOVED Blu, we really liked the size of the balcony (although disappointed that it got no sun due to the overhang).

This is exactly why we like the forward AQ cabins. No overhang. We choose starboard to avoid the clatter of the Spa Cafe. As long as you are far enough away from the window washing scaffold, it's quite nice for sun and view. #1540 for us two years in a row. Be in it in one week and 8 hours!

• 2 weeks later...
Did I read that one option in Blu was "Roast Airline Chicken Breast"? Why would anybody want airline food on a cruise ship? Or am I missing something? OK, what is it?

I believe that is one of the everyday selections in Blu, if so it was my "if the rest of the menu is meh" choice. I had it a couple of times and it was very good, despite the name!

Hi we are booked in Aqua class Penthouse deck A2 1621 SEPT 2014 Eastern Med on Reflection just wondering if we have booked a good cabin or a bad one ? any comments , also is it worth booking other dining options if we can dine in Blu? opinions ?