Card playing

So I have been on over a dozen cruises but they have all been charter cruises. So never had time for card playing. So doing a family cruise in 2 weeks so expecting to play some Pinochle with the family. Are there cards on the ships already or am I going to need to bring some? Sailing on Seranade.

We have been able to get cards from Customer Service (just ask for them) or at the gift shops. However, we don't play games that require special card decks. In that case you may want to bring some along just to be safe.

Tom

Maybe my memory is wrong, but my dad and his nephews were huge Pinochle fans - aren't those decks different from regular decks? Not sure - girls were never allowed to join the games. If they are different, maybe you should bring your own.

Maybe my memory is wrong, but my dad and his nephews were huge Pinochle fans - aren't those decks different from regular decks? Not sure - girls were never allowed to join the games. If they are different, maybe you should bring your own.

Pinochle decks are only high cards, nines through Aces(2 of each suite). You can combine 2 regular decks to make a pinochle deck. Therefore would advise bring your own.

Thanks, I'll go out and buy some. Just trying to be as frugal as possible save $10-20 here and there is more I can spend on the cruise.
Check out the link below: 7.40 for 2 decks of Pinochle cards including shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Decks-Bicycle-Pinochle-Playing-Cards/dp/B0018Q19KU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388735024&sr=8-1&keywords=pinochle+cards