What do you read while you're cruising?

cruisentn

I read a wide variety, mostly thrillers and historical or sci-fi. I don't usually like romances, but am trying to read the Outlander books because my sisters love them and I love the new TV series.

I have one of the old Kindles and take it when I travel, plus one long 'just in case' book; just in case the Kindle dies, gets lost, out of battery, whatever, I have to have something along as a back-up. I bring a long paperback that I know will take me ages to read, like Dickens or GWTW.

My sisters and I share a Kindle account and they use theirs much more for everyday reading--I still prefer 'real' books, just not for travel-- so there are well over one thousand books on our account. Before a cruise I buy a couple of books I've been wanting to read for a long time as a treat.

I'm also saving the last Game of Thrones book for our next cruise and I always download a Rosemary Sutcliff--soon I'll have all hers on Kindle. I also use the ship's library, though that can vary widely in what's available.

DH doesn't like reading for pleasure!

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I have one of the old Kindles and take it when I travel, plus one long 'just in case' book; just in case the Kindle dies, gets lost, out of battery, whatever, I have to have something along as a back-up.

I just take a spare Kindle, preloaded with all the books currently on my main Kindle plus all of the books on DH's Kindle.

I always have over 100 books in my To-Be-Read collection on my Kindle as I buy interesting books as I see them, especially if they are at a really good price like some of the Kindle Daily Deals.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ