Number of dress up nights on a 12 day cruise

doverite

Leaving on Sunday on Breakaway and wondered if anyones knows the number of dress up nights on a 12 day cruise:)

The first answer you got is correct. It's the same answer you got on the roll call.

On the Norwegian's Night Out, you might find 30 - 40% of people in slightly dressier attire (dress shirt/tie for men), especially if they want to do photography in the atrium.

For the rest of us, there's no requirement to dress up, for the entire cruise. I am travelling with no dressier pants than jeans.

@ doverite

I believe there were two on our 14-day Panama Canal cruise last month, as well as the White Hot Night. I'll try to remember to check the Dailies. The fact that no one HAS to dress-up does not make NONE the right answer to the question you asked; I assume if you are booked on NCL you know about the Freestyle concept!

The Dress-up-or-not night is a good excuse to get your photos taken in pretty clothes. Sure the photos/packages are expensive but so are studio photos back home. My DH and I have SO MANY formal photos from over the years, and we travelled with carry-on luggage only, so we did not avail ourselves of this opportunity, but it sounds like you might like it!

We did take special clothes for the White Hot Night -- electric white guayabera for him and a white Christmas sweater for me -- and chose that night to eat at Ginza and walk around the attrium deck. We saw NO ONE in white. I do not know if the white party got going later (we take an early bedtime) or if it was simply a dud on this sailing.

@ doverite

I believe there were two on our 14-day Panama Canal cruise last month, as well as the White Hot Night. I'll try to remember to check the Dailies. The fact that no one HAS to dress-up does not make NONE the right answer to the question you asked; I assume if you are booked on NCL you know about the Freestyle concept!

The Dress-up-or-not night is a good excuse to get your photos taken in pretty clothes. Sure the photos/packages are expensive but so are studio photos back home. My DH and I have SO MANY formal photos from over the years, and we travelled with carry-on luggage only, so we did not avail ourselves of this opportunity, but it sounds like you might like it!

We did take special clothes for the White Hot Night -- electric white guayabera for him and a white Christmas sweater for me -- and chose that night to eat at Ginza and walk around the attrium deck. We saw NO ONE in white. I do not know if the white party got going later (we take an early bedtime) or if it was simply a dud on this sailing.

There were exactly NONE on your Panama Canal cruise. NCL does not currently have, nor have they had "dress up" nights for OVER 10 YEARS!

There is a dress code (resort casual) this dress codes is the same on every single night, on every single NCL ship, for every single sailing. You are NEVER required to "dress up", no venue will EVER turn a guest away as long as they are in resort casual or better.

So the "never" answer IS correct. If the OP wants to, they can "dress up" 0 nights, all 12 nights, or any number in between...whatever THEY want. NCL will not say anything about it. Ever.

FWIW...The OP is also going on the Breakaway, which does not have a white hot party. Perhaps suggesting clothing for a party they cannot attend isn't in the OP's best interest...they might be disappointed if they take appropriate clothing and find that there is no party on their ship.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two dress or not night. If you want pictures taken, you need to dress. But other than that . Not many people dress up. It up to you. How much room you have to bring close. It really doesn't matter. It's up to you

If you want pictures taken, you need to dress.

Wrong!

LOL - so you're saying the photographers won't take your picture if you're not dressed up? NCL photographers will take your picture anywhere....anytime, no matter if you're dressed up or not. Just ask them. It's their job and that's how NCL makes their money.....by passengers buying photos!

Harriet

• 4 months later...

Please see my review of the PC repo dated 11/2/13, ours specifically had 3 "dress up or not" nights....however as everyone has stated above, you can dress up or down as you see fit. The photogs are out more for photo ops on the formal nights in our experience.

Please see my review of the PC repo dated 11/2/13, ours specifically had 3 "dress up or not" nights....however as everyone has stated above, you can dress up or down as you see fit. The photogs are out more for photo ops on the formal nights in our experience.

If you are answering the OP their cruise was last January.