? Diamond Plus

JF4300

I recently received Diamond plus status and will be traveling with my sister (same jr suite) Will my sister have the same benefits as me,I.e. Concierge lounge since she is registered in my cabin? Appreciate hearing from anyone who might know the current RCCL rules.

I recently received Diamond plus status and will be traveling with my sister (same jr suite) Will my sister have the same benefits as me,I.e. Concierge lounge since she is registered in my cabin? Appreciate hearing from anyone who might know the current RCCL rules.

Rules say only the people with the appropriate C&A status have access to the benefits. Celebrity is different and extends benefits to cabin mate, but Royal does not.

The current rules are that the CL is for Suite Guests, D+ and PC C&A Members. It goes by how your SeaPass Card is identified which, in your case, will say Diamond Plus Member. It will also be programmed to open the CL door. Your sister's SeaPass will not, if she is not D+.

We emailed the cruise line and were told that the policy was to not include travel companions. We were advised to check with the concierge once on board to see if an exception could be made.

Some have reported permission being granted, others have reported permission denied. Bottom line is, it can't hurt to ask, but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise!

the rules are you need the status in yoru own right( or be linked via spouse or child residing in the same household) to have access. since you are not ina full suite she cannot access the CL

Upgrade to a GS or above. No problem mon.

Depending on how many people are using the CL you might be able to have the Concierge give permission for your sister to join you. Only thing is she might have to pay for her drinks. Its worth a try.

I have seen this go both ways with other cruisers in the CL Lounge. One Concierge said it was OK while another said "sorry it just isn't possible."

You mention that you are in a JS. Just to be clear, your access to the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Club (if the ship has one) is based on your C & A D+ status, not that fact that you are in a JS. There are no CL benefits associated with a JS for either of you. As another poster mentioned, if you upgrade to a Grand Suite, both of you would have access to the CL.

BTW - congratulations on reaching D+!

the rules are you need the status in yoru own right( or be linked via spouse or child residing in the same household) to have access. since you are not ina full suite she cannot access the CL

Does this apply to significant others living in the same household? My girlfriend just made D and wasn't sure if her SO got the same benefits.

Does this apply to significant others living in the same household? My girlfriend just made D and wasn't sure if her SO got the same benefits.

You can call C&A and get linked so you have the same status. You have to have the same residence address and state that someone is your SO.

I THINK it is possible to be linked even if you are not married since you reside together. you'd have to call C&A to confirm.