Radiance Of The Seas Balcony Cabin, Deck 7 or 10?

Has anyone had cabins 7046/7546 thru 7020/7520? If so how did you like those cabins and do you have any pictures please?

The shot I posted above and have again below are the balconies for cabins 7514 to 7536.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299374&d=1390231706

This shot is taken from 7528 rearward toward hump. All of these front jump balconies are the same size except for most rearward, 7546 and 7046, which are slightly smaller as their balcony railing angles back towards the ship midway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299396&d=1390242475

DSC04808b.jpg.94445b1b445ae92eccd935bd393ea2de.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to cruise critic so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm looking to book E1 or E2 cabins on the Radiance for an Alaskan cruise; 4 or 5 of them in total, depending on how much of my family can attend. We have decided that we want to cabins toward the front of the ship but cant decide if we should try to book the cabins on deck 7 or deck 10. Half of my family liked that the balconies on the front of the ship on deck 7 had extended balconies while the other half wanted to be higher up for a better view, thus the dilemma between decks 7 and 10.

Has anyone been in any of those cabins?

I know some of the room connect but do the balconies?

What really is better, the height or the space?

I could really use any and all input, and I appreciate the time. Thanks again!

We were on Radiance May 2012 for Alaska Southbound cruise. Cabins 7546 and 7544 which are both E2. They were both very nice in terms of space and balcony. Here's the thing. There is NOT any canopy to look out over in these particular cabins. It's also near the elevator (no noise that we could detect).

Have a great cruise!

Here's a shot of the balconies for cabin 7034 (first left) to 7046 on Serenade. You can see that the balcony for 7046 on the right is slightly smaller than the other forward deck 7 balcony. Ignore the part balcony fully overlooking the lifeboat cover. The shots in my post above are on the port side so those cabins are 7000 ones not 7500.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299398&d=1390243830

DSC07159a.jpg.5024a9f722801c4cb92d01565ab5a4f3.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Thank you everyone for the pictures and advice! My family is sold on a deck 7 forward cabins due to all your help and pictures :) I think it was the extra balcony space and being able to look straight down and see the water that sold them.

One question though, it appears from the pictures below, that the first 8 or so cabins are directly over the life boats, do the life boats stick out and obstruct your view? Thanks again for the insights!

Here's a shot of the balconies for cabin 7034 (first left) to 7046 on Serenade. You can see that the balcony for 7046 on the right is slightly smaller than the other forward deck 7 balcony. Ignore the part balcony fully overlooking the lifeboat cover. The shots in my post above are on the port side so those cabins are 7000 ones not 7500.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299398&d=1390243830

2md2vwm.jpg

One question though, it appears from the pictures below, that the first 8 or so cabins are directly over the life boats, do the life boats stick out and obstruct your view? Thanks again for the insights!

Those two front lifeboats don't obstruct the downward view at all since they are completely under the balconies of those 8 or so rearmost cabins of the front jump section. All of these have a clear line view to the waterline at the ship's hull.

Edited by robtulipe

Depending on how far forward the cabins are if you choose Deck 10, you might be under the fitness center. It may have some noise transfer through the ceiling of the cabins early in the morning.

I always look to see what's above and below my cabin before I book it.

We were on the Radiance in August 2012 for the southbound route. We were on Deck 10 GS 1550. We were very happy with the room and the balcony. My wife and I spent a lot of time on the balcony and she took some great pictures.

However, on the day we sailed in the Hubbard Glacier area, since the overhang from Deck 11 juts out so far it blocks part of the view, we went out to the outside decks for viewing the glacier calving and taking pictures.

The Radiance is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed the southbound route and ports of call much more than the inside passage round trip from Seattle Alaskan cruise.

However, on the day we sailed in the Hubbard Glacier area, since the overhang from Deck 11 juts out so far it blocks part of the view, we went out to the outside decks for viewing the glacier calving and taking pictures.

We had the similar experience when we had a cabin on Radiance's deck 10. That's DW waving in the middle of the shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299532&d=1390326477

DSC03816a.jpg.96e16677c6a9ed0f9611232b74356591.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

My DW brought up a good question today, for the rooms where we will have three people, can we request additional chairs for the balcony?

Sure, you can ask the stateroom attendant, and they would like to please you, but it might not be allowed.

We had the similar experience when we had a cabin on Radiance's deck 10. That's DW waving in the middle of the shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299532&d=1390326477

That's a good picture. Thanks for posting it since I had a hard time describing what the overhang was like.

Other than the overhang, we really liked our stateroom and balcony. I would book it again in a heartbeat.