Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

Thanks for keeping us posted, Kathi. Here's hoping the person who is ill will be OK. Wish you were stopping in Muscat for the day as it's one of my favorite ports. Sheik Qaboos has done wonders for his country without letting it become overbuilt like other desert cities. ~Patti

So true...

Unfortunately, we only have stopped near the Harbour. The ill were taken off on a boat by 6:10. It is now 6:50 and we have only turned around - not sure when we will start again but there does not seem to be any rush to get to Abu Dhabi by 6:00 tomorrow evening. The view from the port side of Oman was like out of a storybook. I am going to put a few pictures on my blog tonight.

The view from the port side of Oman was like out of a storybook. I am going to put a few pictures on my blog tonight.

I'm sure you must have seen the beautiful white incense burner on a small hill near the entrance to the harbor. Such a wonderful symbol and even more stunning at night when it is illuminated. I even bought a small ceramic one in the souq in Muscat to remind me of it.

I'm sure you must have seen the beautiful white incense burner on a small hill near the entrance to the harbor. Such a wonderful symbol and even more stunning at night when it is illuminated. I even bought a small ceramic one in the souq in Muscat to remind me of it.

So that was what that was! I was trying to figure it out.

I never realized that Oman had such jagged mountains. It was a real surprise when those mountains appeared through the haze.

So that was what that was! I was trying to figure it out.

I never realized that Oman had such jagged mountains. It was a real surprise when those mountains appeared through the haze.

Hi Kathi,

Oman is such a lovely place. Shame you could not spend some time there. Glad all is going well and you are having a great time. I have really enjoyed reading your blog so keep up the great work. While in Mumbi did you get to go to the Davari Slums or at least see it? it is really interesting.

Say hello to our table mates for me as I wish I was still there with everyone.

Keep on enjoying yourself and I look forward to reading more on your blog.

Chez

It is such a shame that you weren't allowed to get off the ship in Oman as it is lovely and we're back there in September for a week's holiday.

Kathi, from what you say it sounds lovely to arrive by ship and see it from the sea as it's not quite so inspiring when arriving by air.

Enjoy Abu Dhabi and see you when we board in Dubai.

Lynne and Mark

Hi Kathi,

Oman is such a lovely place. Shame you could not spend some time there. Glad all is going well and you are having a great time. I have really enjoyed reading your blog so keep up the great work. While in Mumbi did you get to go to the Davari Slums or at least see it? it is really interesting.

Say hello to our table mates for me as I wish I was still there with everyone.

Keep on enjoying yourself and I look forward to reading more on your blog.

Chez

Chez,

We saw the slums from the minivan but did not walk through them.

Lynn asked just last night if I had heard from you. Mans and Lynn were fondly remembering the oyster bar in Sydney! I will tell everyone hello from you.

Thanks for reading the blog!

It is such a shame that you weren't allowed to get off the ship in Oman as it is lovely and we're back there in September for a week's holiday.

Kathi, from what you say it sounds lovely to arrive by ship and see it from the sea as it's not quite so inspiring when arriving by air.

Enjoy Abu Dhabi and see you when we board in Dubai.

Lynne and Mark

We are now docked and have been cleared for those who wish to get off. Looking forward to seeing the city tomorrow.

Don't forget our Meet and Greet the day after we leave Dubai. 12:15 in the Commodore Club (port side).

Kathi

As of noon today Code Red has been lifted. The cling wrap has been removed from the serving areas, you can get your own tea/coffee/water/ice cream, and the alternative dining areas will be reopening.

It is a rather windy day but we are sailing smoothly off the coast of Oman heading to Jordan.

We are safe from the pirates so the decks are now open and lighted at night and you can leave your curtains open.

We visited Aqaba yesterday and about 1000 passengers visited Petra. I went to Wadi Rum and enjoyed the experience.

Seven of us from the dinner table ate at the Verandah Restaurant tonight. It was really good. The service was fantastic and the presentation of the food was impressive.

Tomorrow we transit the Suez Canal.

image.jpg.bcd0423193f83384df641cc45b45dd38.jpg

The Verandah is an excellent and impressive treat. Glad you had such a great evening there. Will be following you through the Suez Canal via the webcam. Can't believe so many months of your world cruise have already passed by! Enjoy the rest and meeting up with the Queen Mary 2 in Lisbon. Cheers, Patti

Scrapnana, I was sorry not to make it on the QE so I could meet you! I've just booked the QV for a last-minute deal and will leave tomorrow. I gather we'll be in close proximity from Lisbon to Southampton. I'll send you a special wave.

Scrapnana, I was sorry not to make it on the QE so I could meet you! I've just booked the QV for a last-minute deal and will leave tomorrow. I gather we'll be in close proximity from Lisbon to Southampton. I'll send you a special wave.

From what the Captain says we will have a procession of the three Queens in Lisbon and then all sail back to Southampton together. Should be quite a treat. I'll be waving!

We are safe from the pirates so the decks are now open and lighted at night and you can leave your curtains open.

We visited Aqaba yesterday and about 1000 passengers visited Petra. I went to Wadi Rum and enjoyed the experience.

Seven of us from the dinner table ate at the Verandah Restaurant tonight. It was really good. The service was fantastic and the presentation of the food was impressive.

Tomorrow we transit the Suez Canal.

Hi Kathi,

I am so glad you enjoyed the Verandah Restaurant. I still have great memories of when I had dinner there one night. Just loved the food there. Glad you are out of the Pirate area now and can leave your curtians open and wonder around the decks at night. Not long now and it will be all over. The time has gone by so quickly, you and the other world travellers must be dreading getting off.

I hope you have an enjoyable rest of the cruise and say hello to everyone on the table for me. I wish I was still there!:(

Chez

Hi Kathi,

I am so glad you enjoyed the Verandah Restaurant. I still have great memories of when I had dinner there one night. Just loved the food there. Glad you are out of the Pirate area now and can leave your curtians open and wonder around the decks at night. Not long now and it will be all over. The time has gone by so quickly, you and the other world travellers must be dreading getting off.

I hope you have an enjoyable rest of the cruise and say hello to everyone on the table for me. I wish I was still there!:(

Chez

Hey Chez, how are you? Seems so long ago when we were on board!!! Have you seen that next year I have booked the QE from Sydney to Southampton. How about you doing it?

Regards

Pat

We have just spent two amazing days in Haifa. I had never been to Israel before so I took two tours - one to Jerusalem and the other to Galilee and Nazareth. Many people had long but interesting days touring.

We are now on our way to Naples.

Hey Chez, how are you? Seems so long ago when we were on board!!! Have you seen that next year I have booked the QE from Sydney to Southampton. How about you doing it?

Regards

Pat

Hi Pat,

Yes it has been a while. Time goes by so quickly. Yes I did notice that you had booked the Sydney to Southampton for next year. I wish I could but I have already book my holidays for next year and I am taking my 89 year old father on a cruise to New Zealand and back and then 4 weeks after that I am going to Fiji for a week to rest up. I think I will need it! Maybe if I win Lotto I will join you. I just love the QE and my time on her and would love to go again!

Chez

We have just spent two amazing days in Haifa. I had never been to Israel before so I took two tours - one to Jerusalem and the other to Galilee and Nazareth. Many people had long but interesting days touring.

We are now on our way to Naples.

Hi Kathi,

Can you please let Lynn know that I have sent her some emails with the photos from Sydney for her and Mans.

thanks heaps

Chez

Rough seas yesterday afternoon and evening - the worst we have had since the Atlantic crossing. Luckily it did not get really bad until after the Country Fayre which raised lots of money for the three charities. There were a number of empty seats in the MDR last night. Our assistant waiter told us that they had been told to remove all the plates and glasses instead of setting up for breakfast.

We are in Palma today. I took the Hop-on, Hop-off bus around the city and did some shopping. Only a few minutes now until sail-away - all aboard is at a really early 3:30. I would have enjoyed spending more time looking around.

Tonight is our last World Voyage Cocktail Party.

The three Queens sailed into Lisbon this morning. We will all be together at sail-away and back to Southampton.

The internet has been horrible recently. You can't even get to the log in screen most of the time. I am going to try to post two pictures.