Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

Hello to all CC members I had the pleasure to meet at the meet & greets that I organised for the world cruise. I had great fun meeting with you all.

We are now housed up in the Premier Inn in Southampton arranging all our travel plans, and packing things away as we had 19 pieces of baggage. We fly home next week and back to basics.

Thanks again for making our journey a happy one, and love to all the lovely people I met.

Take care Maggiemou.

It was lovely to meet you too Maggiemou and JT. Thanks for being the CC hostess with the moistest and for organizing the Tonga tour which I really enjoyed.

Have fun with your packing and hope the drop back to earth isn't too bumpy.

Regards

Bronwyn :)

Edited by sunnycoaster

Reading these messages reminds me how lucky I was to meet so many nice Cruise Critic members on the World Voyage. It was a trip made more memorable thanks to all of you! I hope one day we will meet again.

Maybe we can do updates on the roll call like those on QEII's 2008 World Voyage. They are still posting after six years! I would love to hear about new cruises and special events from all my CC friends.

Kathi

Hey Kathi

Thanks for organizing the roll call, it really helped make our trip so much more enjoyable to share it with people like you and the other CC members.

Have really enjoyed following your fantastic blog and seeing all the places you visited after Brisbane. I hope one day to do a full world cruise, who knows, maybe we might even be on the same one. All the best and thanks again.

Hope to keep in touch with what everyone is up to via CC message boards. Enjoy your time in London and your flight home. Its been a great cruise

Kind Regards

Edited by sunnycoaster

It was lovely to meet you too Maggiemou and JT. Thanks for being the CC hostess with the moistest and for organizing the Tonga tour which I really enjoyed.

Have fun with your packing and hope the drop back to earth isn't too bumpy.

Regards

Hostess with the moistest??

Hostess with the moistest??

Oh no, I did check my post before posting but obviously a slip of the tongue, or finger in this case, so sorry, meant mostest. Just wrote that again and my computer changed it to moistest all by itself. Isn't auto correct a wonderful thing!!!!:D

Thanks for the photo, but what I see is a beautiful woman and a scared, but well trained bird:D The guy in the photo has an expression that I can't read...did he have a conversation with you?

He didn't say much just showed me how to hold my arm. He was probably thinking, "I have to put up with all these crazy foreigners just to make a few dirhams!"

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the blog, Kathi. It was sporting of you to take on such a huge job and keep it fresh and interesting.

Thank you for reading! I really enjoyed doing the blog and feel my later entries were better than my earlier attemps. The only downside was when I could not get on-line!

Kathi

Kathi, excellent job with you blog. As I was on a world cruise on our own during most of your adventure I am just starting to enjoy your blog and have read the first twenty or so entires. I will continue to read your blog from cover to cover.

Welcome home.

Keith

• 2 months later...
Mystery no more! Here I am trying to look happy (but I can see the fear in my eyes) about holding a falcon on my arm. This was at the World Voyage dinner in Dubai.

imagejpg1_zps05c9383c.jpg

Kathi, I was looking for theme night info for our QE World in 2015 and came upon this forum (generally I've just read the roll calls). Anyway - great to see a picture of you :)

Just a note - it seems that these forums don't last forever if folks quit posting (not sure how long they'll stay around even then). I had hoped to connect again on our TP Auckland to Vancouver a few years back, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. So . . . keep posting to keep in touch.

All of the information here, on the roll call and Kathi and Maggie's blogs have been a great help as we plan for 2015 :)

Just a note - it seems that these forums don't last forever if folks quit posting (not sure how long they'll stay around even then). I had hoped to connect again on our TP Auckland to Vancouver a few years back, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. So . . . keep posting to keep in touch.

All of the information here, on the roll call and Kathi and Maggie's blogs have been a great help as we plan for 2015 :)

I was just looking at my pictures (and arranging them in folders). They brought back some great memories (like some of our "standing room only" meet and greets). I also ran across a couple of things that I had forgotten. It's good to have written and visual reminders!

Kathi, I was looking for theme night info for our QE World in 2015 and came upon this forum (generally I've just read the roll calls). Anyway - great to see a picture of you :)

I really liked that photo too! I smiled the first time I saw it, and it still brings a smile to my face! Lovely, expressive photo. Three cheers for Scrapnana! :)

Mystery no more! Here I am trying to look happy (but I can see the fear in my eyes) about holding a falcon on my arm. This was at the World Voyage dinner in Dubai.

imagejpg1_zps05c9383c.jpg

Dear Scrapnana,

Can I say how splendid and wonderfully elegant you look in this photo, and if you were concerned about the falcon, I can't see it.

Superb photo, thank you for sharing :) .

"Three cheers for Scrapnana!" indeed.

With sincere best wishes and happy sailings for the future :)

Edited by pepperrn

We will be meeting at 12-15 pm in the Commodore Club. Looking forward to meeting new arrivals in New York. Fashion police will come on board then. They will not be disappointed. There have been some great dressy people on this segment. I dressed for the Elizabethen ball and had a good laugh in doing so.

2014-01-15010723_zpse77c7b65.jpg

Loving this photo maggiemou

Loving this photo maggiemou

Thank you Catherine, I love to dress up and did so on all themed ball nights. The Elizabethan dress I donated to the cruise staff so it may show up again on one Queen or another.Here I am in Japan dresses003_zps7a1ed79b.jpg

This was my World cruise dinner dress.

368_zps55e6a080.jpg

Here we are at the dinner where kathi was and she looked fantastic!

407_zps845b01d0.jpg

I have over 100 different outfits so won't bore you with any more, We all had a great world cruise and it was fabulous. I hope you have a great time on QM2 she is my favourite ship.

Thank you Catherine, I love to dress up and did so on all themed ball nights. The Elizabethan dress I donated to the cruise staff so it may show up again on one Queen or another.Here I am in Japan dresses003_zps7a1ed79b.jpg

368_zps55e6a080.jpg

407_zps845b01d0.jpg

I have over 100 different outfits so won't bore you with any more, We all had a great world cruise and it was fabulous. I hope you have a great time on QM2 she is my favourite ship.

This dress is gorgeous, very elegant couple

Catherine

368_zps55e6a080.jpg

407_zps845b01d0.jpg

This dress is gorgeous, very elegant couple. Thanks really looking forward to being on board QM2

Catherine

Scrapnana and Maggie Mou - I feel like I should walk onto the QE World Cruise in 2015 and meet you there. I'll miss you even though we've never met. Thank you so much for all your information. It will be fun to meet a few from 2014 Roll Call who are sailing again.