Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

The three Queens sailed into Lisbon this morning. We will all be together at sail-away and back to Southampton.

The internet has been horrible recently. You can't even get to the log in screen most of the time. I am going to try to post two pictures.

Hard to believe you are almost at the end of the world cruise. Have really enjoyed reading all the posts and also your blog Kathi, wishing I was still onboard and sailing into Southampton alongside the QM2 and QV with you all. I have such great memories of my time onboard and would be back onboard in a heartbeat if I could. Kathi, could you please give my regards to Maggie & JT, Gloria and John, Chris and Bea and also give Phyllis a hug from me. Thanks.

Hope you really enjoy your last few days onboard and smooth sailing to get there. Do you stay in London for a while before the flight home? Wishing all onboard a safe journey home.

Kind regards

Bronwyn

Hard to believe you are almost at the end of the world cruise. Have really enjoyed reading all the posts and also your blog Kathi, wishing I was still onboard and sailing into Southampton alongside the QM2 and QV with you all. I have such great memories of my time onboard and would be back onboard in a heartbeat if I could. Kathi, could you please give my regards to Maggie & JT, Gloria and John, Chris and Bea and also give Phyllis a hug from me. Thanks.

Hope you really enjoy your last few days onboard and smooth sailing to get there. Do you stay in London for a while before the flight home? Wishing all onboard a safe journey home.

Kind regards

Bronwyn

Hi, Bronwyn!

I wish you were with us, too. It seems impossible that these four months are close to an end. I will say hi to everyone and give Phyllis a special hug.

I am staying in London until the 21st with friends from home.

It was wonderful meeting you in person. Hope your next cruise is not too far away.

All the best,

Kathi

Edited by Scrapnana

QM2 sailed alongside us yesterday. This was the view from my balcony late yesterday afternoon.

imagejpg2_zps9b1ba909.jpg

Hi Kathi,

What a great photo. Enjoy your last few days as much as you can and don't worry about the packing. I am sure it will all fit in the suitcases!

Say hello to everyone for me. I wish I was still on board with you all and it was great meeting you all.

Chez

Hi Kathi,

I have waited much too long to check in with everyone. It was delightful to meet you and I have loved reading your blog. I'm so glad you have gotten the "world cruise bug" and that you have enjoyed your voyage so much. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.

Cheryl, it was great fun to play trivia with you. Pat, it was lovely to meet you and I really enjoyed your presentation of the work you do with your charity. Maggie, thank you for hosting the meet and greets. You did a great job!

Happy sailing to everyone. I do hope our paths cross again on another voyage!

Beth

Thanks, Patti!

It has been an amazing voyage and I could easily stay on for another 118 days.

I am looking forward to being in London again and will post about what it is like to readjust to life on land.

Kathi

We are off the coast of England right now and should be docked in a few hours. The 118 days have flown by and I have had a fantastic time.

QV was off the port side this afternoon but it was so cloudy I could not get a good picture.

We are off the coast of England right now and should be docked in a few hours. The 118 days have flown by and I have had a fantastic time.

QV was off the port side this afternoon but it was so cloudy I could not get a good picture.

Welcome back to UK Kathi. I know it is not home for you. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of your cruise. I really do hope we will meet up again.

Love Pat

xxxxxx

Welcome back to UK Kathi. I know it is not home for you. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of your cruise. I really do hope we will meet up again.

Love Pat

xxxxxx

Pat,

Thanks for the welcome. Maybe in a few years we will do a World Voyage or segments together. I am hoping to go again in 2017. The traffic in Southampton this morning was awful and I was thinking how nice you were to put up with it to get me to the ship (that feels like only a few days ago).

Keep in touch!

Kathi

Hi Kathi

We sent a search party for you last night but couldn't find you, to say our goodbyes. We had a fantastic time and the last week was certainly a 'whirlwind' of fun and photo opportunities.

Sorry to have missed you, but we can always hope we will meet again.

Have a safe trip home and hope our paths cross again soon.

All our love and best wishes,

John & Andrea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kathi

It was lovely to meet you if only a couple of times on board. I am surprised you slept through the happy birthday whistles of the QM2 early morning - you must have been tired. Enjoy your stay in the UK.

We were scheduled to disembark but spoke to someone at the gate and they let us off at 8am. The luggage was already there so on the road at 8.15am and back home by 11.15am which was amazing. My nieces arrived in Southampton to collect us at 7am so no delay waiting for them.

Great to meet all the other CC'ers on board. We had a fabulous time and got through numerous bottles of champagne with friends on board.

Sad, as not back on Cunard now until June and July 2015, but have other land based holidays to do instead of cruising for a change.

If Bedruthen is reading this - sorry to hear of your sad news and that you had to leave early. Thoughts are with you.

Take care everyone and hope to bump into some of you again on future cruises.

Lynne and Mark

Hi, Bronwyn......just wanted to say how much I miss all the needle workers! I am almost finished with my bronze colored sweater, which is a good thing as it is getting warm here and the sweater is heavy to hold and work on.

We just came back from a quick trip to Iceland and Denmark.....first trip ever with no new yarn, as I spent most of my time keeping our oldest grandson entertained......Tivoli Gardens and Legoland were wonderful.

Stay well and keep in touch!

Barbara M. In NH

To all the worldies we met (and everyone on the segment Southampton to San Francisco ) glad you all had a great time and welcome back to England. Safe journey to those who still have further travels. We had a greAt time meeting you all and you never know, we hope to meet again. We enjoyed our travels very much but it was a pity that David ended up in hospital in San Francisco with appendicitis but he is fine now. Please keep in touch - would love to hear from you all. Hope to see you all again one day.

Marge and David

Reading these messages reminds me how lucky I was to meet so many nice Cruise Critic members on the World Voyage. It was a trip made more memorable thanks to all of you! I hope one day we will meet again.

Maybe we can do updates on the roll call like those on QEII's 2008 World Voyage. They are still posting after six years! I would love to hear about new cruises and special events from all my CC friends.

Kathi

Well done Kathi! I remember reading last year how you were going to attempt to write a WC blog and hoped you'd do a good job. I have followed you all the way and I think you did a wonderful job!! It was great reading about your adventures, the people you met, the fun you had and the things you learned and passed onto us. Thank you very much for all your hard work and patience when writing and posting your blog and pictures! I appreciate it and am sure I will read and re-read it over the coming year as we do a segment on next years WC on QE. Have a great time in UK and then safe travels home!

Reading these messages reminds me how lucky I was to meet so many nice Cruise Critic members on the World Voyage. It was a trip made more memorable thanks to all of you! I hope one day we will meet again.

Maybe we can do updates on the roll call like those on QEII's 2008 World Voyage. They are still posting after six years! I would love to hear about new cruises and special events from all my CC friends.

Kathi

Kathi it was an honour and a pleasure to meet you. I enjoyed our times together on the sectors that I did. I still remember our champagne afternoon tea. You did a fantastic job beforehand doing the spreadsheet for us and your blog has just been fabulous.

I know we are going to keep in touch and I really do hope to cruise with you again. Enjoy your time in London. I am off to Orlando on Tuesday to sign all the contracts for Dreamflight in October.

Fondest regards Pat xx

Kathi, after reading all your posts on cruise critic for so long, I have wondered what you look like. After scrolling through all the photos in your blog, that question is still a mystery. I know you are there in the photo of your dinner table, but I don't know just which one is you. Mysterious Kathi! ;)

Diane

Hello to all CC members I had the pleasure to meet at the meet & greets that I organised for the world cruise. I had great fun meeting with you all.

We are now housed up in the Premier Inn in Southampton arranging all our travel plans, and packing things away as we had 19 pieces of baggage. We fly home next week and back to basics.

Thanks again for making our journey a happy one, and love to all the lovely people I met.

Take care Maggiemou.

The three Queens sailed into Lisbon this morning. We will all be together at sail-away and back to Southampton.

The internet has been horrible recently. You can't even get to the log in screen most of the time. I am going to try to post two pictures.

A few pics of you in Lisbon. I flew all the way from Norway to get see this amazing event with my friend from Southampton.

14-DSC_0393-001_zps9fb0711a.jpg

24-DSC_0646-001_zpsfbae2584.jpg

48-DSC_0911-001_zps482395db.jpg

67-DSC_1090-001_zps79a47f5b.jpg

69-DSC_1098-001_zps1ee07743.jpg

Kathi, after reading all your posts on cruise critic for so long, I have wondered what you look like. After scrolling through all the photos in your blog, that question is still a mystery. I know you are there in the photo of your dinner table, but I don't know just which one is you. Mysterious Kathi! ;)

Diane

Mystery no more! Here I am trying to look happy (but I can see the fear in my eyes) about holding a falcon on my arm. This was at the World Voyage dinner in Dubai.

imagejpg1_zps05c9383c.jpg

Hello to all CC members I had the pleasure to meet at the meet & greets that I organised for the world cruise. I had great fun meeting with you all.

We are now housed up in the Premier Inn in Southampton arranging all our travel plans, and packing things away as we had 19 pieces of baggage. We fly home next week and back to basics.

Thanks again for making our journey a happy one, and love to all the lovely people I met.

Take care Maggiemou.

Maggiemou,

It was wonderful getting to know you and Mr. MM. I saw this in a store window in Sorrento and immediately thought of you.

imagejpg1_zpsef0950ea.jpg

Thanks for organizing our many Meet and Greets. It was great to get to know everyone (unfortunately I missed a few people in some of our larger meets).

Good luck with the preparations to go home. I still have not weighed my suitcases to see if I can make it with four or have to get a fifth case. :eek:

Best wishes!

Kathi

Edited by Scrapnana

Take care Maggiemou.

Hi Maggiemou,

A big thankyou for organising the meet and greets and it was great to meet you and Mr MM. I had a great time on the leg I did and met the most lovely people. I was only looking through my photos again the other day and was remember what a great time we had at the luau. Safe travels back home and you never know...we may meet again soon on another cruise.

Chez

Hi' date=' Bronwyn......just wanted to say how much I miss all the needle workers! I am almost finished with my bronze colored sweater, which is a good thing as it is getting warm here and the sweater is heavy to hold and work on.

We just came back from a quick trip to Iceland and Denmark.....first trip ever with no new yarn, as I spent most of my time keeping our oldest grandson entertained......Tivoli Gardens and Legoland were wonderful.

Stay well and keep in touch!

Barbara M. In NH[/quote']

Hi Barbara

I too miss our needleworking group, met some lovely people and great to see what everyone was doing, glad you are almost finished the sweater, I haven't picked up my little project since unpacking in March!! I know I'll finish it one day.

Glad you enjoyed your recent trip. Sounds lovely and is definitely on my to do list.

Kind regards

Bronwyn

Mystery no more! Here I am trying to look happy (but I can see the fear in my eyes) about holding a falcon on my arm. This was at the World Voyage dinner in Dubai.

imagejpg1_zps05c9383c.jpg

Thanks for the photo, but what I see is a beautiful woman and a scared, but well trained bird:D The guy in the photo has an expression that I can't read...did he have a conversation with you?

Edited by Salacia