Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

I asked the bartender today about limes. We ran out before Hong Kong but there are plenty on board now.

We just had our CC meeting with about ten in attendance. Thanks to Maggiemou for hosting.

The captain made it official on the noon announcements today. Our two port days in Egypt have been cancelled and Haifa has been added. The exact schedule will be given to us later.

I asked the bartender today about limes. We ran out before Hong Kong but there are plenty on board now.

We just had our CC meeting with about ten in attendance. Thanks to Maggiemou for hosting.

The captain made it official on the noon announcements today. Our two port days in Egypt have been cancelled and Haifa has been added. The exact schedule will be given to us later.

Scrapnana, sorry for any possible disappointment regarding the ports cancelled in Egypt, but personally, I'm glad to hear it. From what I've been reading it is just too much of a risk. Best wishes to all, Salacia

I got a private message from Cunard on Friday in reply to my enquiry regarding Egypt telling me alternate plans were currently being made but no specific details. Can't say I'm surprised but I'm disappointed and relieved all in one.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Forums mobile app

Personally, I am pleased with the change. I had planned from the start not to get off in Egypt (I have been before). Have never been to Israel so I am glad to be going there.

I have not heard any grumbling on board (I think most were expecting this).

We received a revised schedule tonight.

Dubai 19 April

Aqaba 25 April

Suez Canal 27 April

Haifa 28-29 April

The entertainment director said for this segment we have1945 passengers with

Over 700 Brits

253 Japanese

125 Germans

(She did not mention the number of other nationalities)

Thanks Kathi,

We are quite pleased about this as well, much prefer to go to Haifa again rather than Eygpt, as long as it stays quiet there !

Countdown is now showing 16 days before we leave to join you again.

John & Andrea

An overnight in Haifa means that's it should be possible to make our own tour arrangements. I have already been looking at train to Tel Aviv then onward to Jerusaelm by bus, so eagerly awaiting more details, timings etc. We had already decided that we would not take any excursions to Cairo, so not completely unhappy, though I was really looking forward to our snorkelling in Sharm el Sheikh .

Edited by Bedruthen

I feel for all those onboard who were really looking forward to Egypt...but I feel especially bad for all those tourist related folks in Egypt who are losing all this business. this can't be helping their economy.

You are so right. But unfortunately those people are lacking any of the attitudes giving them at least a chance to improve their economic situation. Their behavior towards tourists is absolutely inacceptable.

Hi Scrapnana

Thanks a lot for the information on the limes!!! Also for the heads up on the change of itinerary for Haifa. This really helps us to have a look at what is available before we leave. See you in a couple of weeks.

Lyn

Edited by Lyn Mc

We had to collect our passports today for Singapore (unlike many of our previous ports, we have to have them with us when we go ashore).

Saw a couple of people who were not real happy. One guy was arguing with the lady and her supervisor because they would not let him get his wife's passport without her key card (it very clearly said on the immigration paper we received that you could collect passports for others in your stateroom but you had to have their key card). He finally agreed to go get her card but he did so grudgingly.

There was also a couple who said that Cunard had lost a visa out of the lady's passport. I was finished by then so I don't know how that one turned out.

Looking forward to the two days in Singapore and am hoping for good weather. Welcome to those joining us there!

On our way to Penang which will be our fourth day in port in a row - I am missing my sea days.

I did a tour of Kuala Lumpur today (my first time here). We saw a lot for a five hour tour but it was really hot and humid.

The captain announced as we were getting ready to sail-away today that the forecast for Penang is 37C/97F. Ugh!

Haifa excursions were on the bed after dinner tonight.

Nazareth and Galilee $170

Leisurely Galilee $164

Haifa and Acre $105

Jerusalem and Bethlehem $176

Glorious Jerusalem $165

Leisurely Jerusalem $156

Jerusalem Old City $109

Masada and the Dead Sea $191

Ancient Caesarea $99

Nazareth and Galilee Private Tour $820 for three

Jerusalem and Bethlehem Private Tour $1599 for six

Grand Overland (two days staying in a Jerusalem hotel) $699 double, 859 single

Kathi, I am missing all of you and the ship that I have this morning booked for 2015. Will board Queen Elizabeth in Sydney and sail back to Southampton. Look after the ship for me!!!!!

Good for you! She still looks great and is going into drydock soon after the world voyage ends.

My guess is that they are letting the passengers currently on board have their pick first. I only say this as for QM2 (Aqaba in place of Safaga) by the time the trips were up on VP, one departure time for Aqaba was already waitlisted. Mind you there were only three excursions to choose from whereas there are several for QE in Haifa according to a post from someone on board.

Hi

we are also waiting for the Haifa trips to come onto cunard's website. Could anyone onboard let us know when the trips are available to passengers to book at the excursions desk. Then we can at least know when they might become available to us on the website

Thanks a lot,

Lyn

Tours are now live and guess what, overnight tour is already sold out, so passengers not yet on board get no chance to book. Very poor treatment from Cunard.

No, passengers already on the ship have the first choice. In a few days it will be your turn.