Freestyle Coke Machine

This sounds like a really silly question but......do the cups they give you have a handle you could hang from a belt loop or something! Just trying to figure out how to carry the darn thing around the ship without it being a pain! :confused:

Sorry no. Was a bit of a nuisance carrying it around. Think next time I will take a plastic drink container to decant it into.

That's a great idea. My son and I play basketball a lot and I have always been worried I (or actually he ;)) would leave it at the court. Now you have given me the idea to bring some sort of plastic containers to put the sodas in and leave the cup in the room except for dinner and times we would be less likely to lose it. Even the bar gives you a glass, I believe, and glass is not good to take into the court so we could get refills very easily and transfer them from glass to the plastic.

Thanks for the help.

On our last trip ours stopped working the day we departed. DH couldn't get a soda himself. He had to ask a waiter in the windjammer.

OP, you still need the cup to make the machine work and then you'd have to pour it into the container. Kind of defeats the purpose since you'd have to carry it anyway. The alternative is to go to the bar and ask them for a soda. You don't have to have the cup.

Not free. A chip in the base of the special cup activates the machine. The chip has a time limit so that a cup cannot be used on other cruises.

Wow! Wonder if it can be hacked?! jk..! Would be nice if they had beer machines that did that, lol!

That's a great idea. My son and I play basketball a lot and I have always been worried I (or actually he ;)) would leave it at the court. Now you have given me the idea to bring some sort of plastic containers to put the sodas in and leave the cup in the room except for dinner and times we would be less likely to lose it. Even the bar gives you a glass' date=' I believe, and glass is not good to take into the court so we could get refills very easily and transfer them from glass to the plastic.

Thanks for the help.[/quote']

Please be aware that the only way to use the freestyle machines is with the RC cup. You can get pop from the bars but just the basics (coke, diet coke, sprite) while the freestyle machines have a lot more options.

I saw some people on my last cruise that had a strap around their coke cups that they used to carry their cups on a lanyard. While I don't like the idea of the lanyard, I would like to use some type of strap so I can attach the cup to my pool bag.

Any tips on the strap from those that have used one?

Has anyone tried to see how hard it is to separate the RFID tag from the cup?

I've got an Allure cruise coming up and I'd rather just smash the cup when they give it to me and then keep the RFID tag in my pocket and pull it out to use it to full a regular cup up from the machines when I need it.

I'm curious if anyone else has explored doing the same yet...

I saw some people on my last cruise that had a strap around their coke cups that they used to carry their cups on a lanyard. While I don't like the idea of the lanyard, I would like to use some type of strap so I can attach the cup to my pool bag.

Any tips on the strap from those that have used one?

My daughter mentioned that thought but I was hoping for a handle to just use a caribeanier (sp?) to hook to something..I have a couple weeks to ponder this! LOL

Please be aware that the only way to use the freestyle machines is with the RC cup. You can get pop from the bars but just the basics (coke, diet coke, sprite) while the freestyle machines have a lot more options.

We'll be on Liberty next and they don't have the free-style machines anyway......unless they somehow get them in the next 60 days.....please....but unlikely.

May I suggest that for those of you who want an alternative carrying your drink by hand, please see the image below. You hang this from your belt buckle.

I am not sure how well this would work if you are playing basketball. (I guess you could duck tape it to your forehead.) ;)

41sHfhQNKVL._SY450_.jpg

There are a couple of different limits. First once you get a drink you cannot gt another one for apps. 15 minutes. Second the cup will stop working within a few days of your cruise ending.

In October, we did a B2B on the Allure. The first day I bought the freestyle cup. The first time I used it, the screen told me that it expired on the date our second cruise ended. Bottom line, I paid for one week and got to use it for two. I don't know if that's the norm or just a fluke.