Freestyle Coke Machine

Is it that people don't know how to use the machine or they just can't decide what flavor they want? The second is more annoying in my opinion!

We only saw one family that just didn't get it, other than that, most people were fairly quick with their selections. The family we saw having issues has purchased a single package and were trying to try all the flavors before they made a decision. The father didn't get the whole RFID chip in the base of the cup thing, plus he wasn't reading the screen. We explained that there was a time limit and he had to wait 15 minutes and he went storming off to the table to get a cup that wasn't defective.:rolleyes: A little patience goes a long way. Most people are very quick getting their soda after the first day.

I didn't see where this was asked (maybe I missed it), but what flavors are offered on the machines on the ship?

I googled images for Coke Freestyle Machine and it looks like they offer different machines and/or flavors. Some have Ginger Ale, some don't, some have Dr. Pepper instead of Mr. Pibb.

Just curious.

Number of machines depends on the ship. I believe Freedom has at least 5 machines on board. The machines are available 24 hours.

Sorry -- I failed to mention that this cruise we will be on the Jewel.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Not really just don't see how waiting a few minutes is a big deal especially for soda.

It's hard to explain so just take my word for it, it's hard to wait even a minute for people holding up a line.

In fact my non-cruising friends usually cite waiting in line as the number one reason they don't want to try cruising.

It's hard to explain so just take my word for it, it's hard to wait even a minute for people holding up a line.

In fact my non-cruising friends usually cite waiting in line as the number one reason they don't want to try cruising.

Guess it's hard for me to understand since it really doesn't bother me being in line. It's a lot of people that cruise so I expect to be in lines at times.

Guess it's hard for me to understand since it really doesn't bother me being in line. It's a lot of people that cruise so I expect to be in lines at times.

Everybody's different. I hate it, especially when it's unnecessarily slow.

If someone at the grocery is arguing about a coupon I'll offer to give them the money so we can move on. At least I did before I started using self-checkout.

Edited by DrD

Everybody's different. I hate it, especially when it's unnecessarily slow.

If someone at the grocery is arguing about a coupon I'll offer to give them the money so we can move on. At least I did before I started using self-checkout.

Well if the person can't use the machine that's one thing, but deliberately holding up the machine is another thing. I seriously doubt most people hold up the coke machine just to do it. Doesn't bother me and soda isn't that important to me either. Hold up the bar and keep me from getting a Long Island, now we got problems lol

Well if the person can't use the machine that's one thing, but deliberately holding up the machine is another thing. I seriously doubt most people hold up the coke machine just to do it. Doesn't bother me and soda isn't that important to me either. Hold up the bar and keep me from getting a Long Island, now we got problems lol

Agreed!

And now we return you to your regularly-scheduled thread. Thank you for your patience (ironic huh).

What you're telling us is that you're one of those people?

Elvis[/quote

What I'm telling you is I bough a freestyle machine just to practice on the cruise ship. Don't wanna keep you from bingo

Don't play bingo! I play trivia!

Elvis

I'll drink to that!

Elvis

The Freestyle machines on RCL have changed the way I get soda forever. Before the cruise I would always hold the cup up in the air under the nozzle to fill. Now I always put the cup down squarely on the base, perfectly centered under the nozzle. Gotta make sure it can read the chip!

Has anyone dissected one of these cups yet to see how hard it is to get the RFID tag out of it?

I've an Allure cruise coming up and I REALLY don't want to have to deal with the mug the whole time. I'd much rather tear the thing apart and just carry the RFID tag part in my pocket with me the entire time and use regular cups.

Carrying the tag in your pocket wouldn't activate the machine. It is very particular that the cup must be placed squarely on its stand in the machine. If the cup is off-center by an inch, the machine may not operate.

Carrying the tag in your pocket wouldn't activate the machine. It is very particular that the cup must be placed squarely on its stand in the machine. If the cup is off-center by an inch, the machine may not operate.

Of course I know I have to take it out of my pocket to use it. I'm an Engineer and have some RFID knowledge so placing it won't be a problem.

I'm more interested in where it is located at inside the cup base and how hard it is to get to. Anyone have any pics?

Interesting thread!

Have just booked the package for the Splendour in Brasil. Don't worry about the machine in the daytime but what happens f.e. during formal night dinner?

Do we really have to take this plastic container to dinner if we like to get a soda with the meal or do they serve soda by glass as well?

Just came back from a cruise on Celebrity and they give away cans at the bars as well. Any chance of that with the package?

Interesting thread!

Have just booked the package for the Splendour in Brasil. Don't worry about the machine in the daytime but what happens f.e. during formal night dinner?

Do we really have to take this plastic container to dinner if we like to get a soda with the meal or do they serve soda by glass as well?

Just came back from a cruise on Celebrity and they give away cans at the bars as well. Any chance of that with the package?

You only need the special cup if you want to use the Freestyle machine. You can also get a soda from any bar or restaurant by showing your SeaPass card, which will indicate you purchased the soda package. The selection is limited from bars and restaurants.

Also, Splendour does not have a Freestyle machine.

You only need the special cup if you want to use the Freestyle machine. You can also get a soda from any bar or restaurant by showing your SeaPass card, which will indicate you purchased the soda package. The selection is limited from bars and restaurants.

Also, Splendour does not have a Freestyle machine.

Ok I am confused Clarea,

I have purchased the soda unlimted package I think it was $59.00.

So I guess my question is do we or do we not get a cup will be on Independence and that ship does not have the freestyle machine.

Also Clarea can you get a can soda at bar with your unlimted card.

I've read, and read one thing then another and so darn confused. I would like to be able to take a can of soda back to the cabin at night.

Thanks

Ok I am confused Clarea,

I have purchased the soda unlimted package I think it was $59.00.

So I guess my question is do we or do we not get a cup will be on Independence and that ship does not have the freestyle machine.

Also Clarea can you get a can soda at bar with your unlimted card.

I've read, and read one thing then another and so darn confused. I would like to be able to take a can of soda back to the cabin at night.

Thanks

Indy does not have a Freestyle machine.

You will still get a cup, however there are no self-serve soda machines on Indy, so you will have to give your cup to a bar server who will fill it with fountain soda. You don't have to use the cup. You can show your SeaPass card to a bar server and they will give you a glass of fountain soda. However, the special cup is insulated and larger than the typical soda glass, so it may help reduce the number of times you need to ask for a refill.

No cans are included in the soda package. Your choices will be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water.

You can opt to purchase a can of soda. The cost will be $2.88, including gratuity.

Edited by clarea