nachi cocom

raerenee

We almost went there last month. We were on the Constellation cruise that was "stranded" in Key West for 48 hours and missed Cozumel. There was a 70% chance of rain that day, so maybe it worked out for the best. Planning to try again next month, but will book closer to the date we will be there (within the ten-day weather forecast).

We almost went there last month. We were on the Constellation cruise that was "stranded" in Key West for 48 hours and missed Cozumel. There was a 70% chance of rain that day, so maybe it worked out for the best. Planning to try again next month, but will book closer to the date we will be there (within the ten-day weather forecast).

I will have to check out the Celebrity board...Of course we were on a cruise, but I never saw mention of the "stranding" :D:):D

I will have to check out the Celebrity board...Of course we were on a cruise, but I never saw mention of the "stranding" :D:):D

A gas turbine engine failed and had to be replaced. Instead of leaving at 5 p.m., we moved around the corner to the Navy dock. We had the option to be tendered via lifeboat to the original dock. Spent two nights there and left at 6 a.m. thirty-seven hours later. So no Nachi Cocom in the rain for us. I don't think they offer refunds for weather-related issues, only for missing the port, so I will book last-minute next time after checking the weather forecast.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

A gas turbine engine failed and had to be replaced. Instead of leaving at 5 p.m., we moved around the corner to the Navy dock. We had the option to be tendered via lifeboat to the original dock. Spent two nights there and left at 6 a.m. thirty-seven hours later. So no Nachi Cocom in the rain for us. I don't think they offer refunds for weather-related issues, only for missing the port, so I will book last-minute next time after checking the weather forecast.

I think it would probably be sort of fun to be stranded in Key West! :D:D:D Thanks for filling me in. :)

Just reserved this for cozumel. Anyone every go? any reviews?

Been there 3 times and booked for a 4th time in March. A little slice of heaven! For $40 more you can get a massage too. The food is pretty good and they deliver your drinks and lunch right on the beach. I always tip even though it's an all inclusive and I always get GREAT service. It's a very quiet beach. You do have to take a cab there and if I remember correctly, it's @ $15 each way. No worries about a cab back. They will call one for you if need be. Have fun!

Thank you to all who responded to this thread! As a result I just booked it for my family for our March cruise on Navigator OTS! :D I used the website and it was very simple to navigate and leave your deposit. Heck for a family of four the deposit was only $29.00. They did confirm that they will accpet credit cards for the balance when you arrive!

We were there two weeks ago and had a great time. It started raining at 2:30, but we'd planned to leave at 3 anyway so it only shortened the visit a little bit. I rented a waverunner and took my son out for his first ride. :D

Waverunner was $60 per half hour. They have lots of other things to do as well, but its all a la carte. There's a snorkeling tour that's supposed to be decent for $38 pp. I've never taken it, though. All extras are cash only, no credit cards.

Nachi is a beach break primarily, not a party atmosphere. There were six ships in port including Allure and Carnival Magic, so lots of people. We wanted to go someplace with no crowds. The line to get into a cab took about 10 minutes or so and it was $16 for 4 from the south port to Nachi. I think it's $17 from the dock downtown.

Edited by RZ3

We were there in Feb 2011 and had such a wonderful time we booked again for our upcoming April cruise. The staff was great, food wonderful, and the water and beach were awesome. We went with a group the first time but this time it will be just DH and I so the experience will be a little more relaxing.