To anyone on Ruby Princess--URGENT! STUCK ON BALCONY

Wehwalt

Something to watch out for, indeed! Never entered my mind!

Nothing yet, I'll wait until tomorrow after I get back on board from Grand Turk to strongly object.

I could always contest that part of the Amex charge. I'd like to see what Princess's response, if any, would be to Amex's inquiry.

Nothing yet, I'll wait until tomorrow after I get back on board from Grand Turk to strongly object.

I could always contest that part of the Amex charge. I'd like to see what Princess's response, if any, would be to Amex's inquiry.

Have fun in Grand Turk and watch all doors closing behind you! Let us know any updates.

We were on a X cruise in October. I was reading on the baloncy and keep hearing someone saying "hello". I finally got up and looked around and a couple below me was shouting hello. They said their baloncy was locked and they need help. I ask their cabin number and call the desk. Never hello again, so I quess they got back into the cabin.

I got a very nice call from the Passenger Services Director, and it seems the internet charges have been refunded. And they are running the Ultimate Ship's Tour in about an hour. That's all I asked or hoped for, and I'm happy. Also taking great care to put some cloth inside the balcony door to block it! Thanks again to all.

I got a very nice call from the Passenger Services Director, and it seems the internet charges have been refunded. And they are running the Ultimate Ship's Tour in about an hour. That's all I asked or hoped for, and I'm happy. Also taking great care to put some cloth inside the balcony door to block it! Thanks again to all.

Wehwalt

Great news about internet and UST!! Have fun doing it. I hear it is a great tour.

Kathleen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I got a very nice call from the Passenger Services Director, and it seems the internet charges have been refunded. And they are running the Ultimate Ship's Tour in about an hour. That's all I asked or hoped for, and I'm happy.

That is wonderful! So glad for you !

They did make it seem more urgent than it actually was though

Agreed. I was never in any danger or discomfort. Sooner or later I was going to get in, it was just a question of how.

I did have a good time eyeing my balcony from the bridge wing on the UST. No one said anything. Likely the Commodore knew but was too much of a gentleman to mention it.

What kind of door is on this ship? Our patio doors on the royal were heavy and hard to lock.

I haven't been on the Royal but they seemed the standard sliding glass door, turn the handle to secure. They seem similar in all the Princess ships I've been on (six to date).

Happened to me once too on a repositioning through the Panama. As the weather was warm and lots of people were on their balconies it was easy to get someone's attention. Course it just happened that was a time the Stewart wasn't around (coffee break or getting supplies) so the front desk had to be called.

He was most apologetic but it was a lesson learned for me - when the steward it is in the room and I'm on the balcony I always try the door before he leaves so I can get him before he goes out of the room. It is probably one of those thing enshrined when first starting at Princess - make sure the balcony door is closed and as you know it takes a while to break a habit.