To anyone on Ruby Princess--URGENT! STUCK ON BALCONY

Wehwalt

Thanks all. Usually I've been having trouble keeping that balcony door closed.

I did consider and act on the location of the balcony, but let's just say it didn't help, no way in that way.

Think of it this way - you have a great story to tell your friends when you get home. Just embellish it a bit - tell them that you were stuck out there for hours in a freezing rain w no food or else tell them that you went out on the balcony for a second after a shower and you were out there naked.

Glad you are back with us.

DON

Just got a second, more worried call from customer service, apparently the call from Princess hit. They wanted me to come tomorrow and talk to them about it, I said I wanted to let it go, and apparently they are. They are having someone check the door though.

Just got a second, more worried call from customer service, apparently the call from Princess hit. They wanted me to come tomorrow and talk to them about it, I said I wanted to let it go, and apparently they are. They are having someone check the door though.

They take CC seriously. :)

Glad they did finally act on the repeated requests to check on you! That is encouraging. Hope you have a quiet rest of the evening.....

Anyway, thanks to you all, and it seems to have worked out. I'm going to go offline and conserve my internet minutes but will update any later developments. I had four coffee cards delivered to my room for my suite/elite setup (I have plenty of alcohol as this is the third of a B2B2B and I'm not much of a drinker). Planning to get one of the specialty coffee and then kick butt at trivia.

Maybe after this I'll get lucky now and they'll run the Ultimate Ship's Tour. Cancelled due to lack of sign ups on the first two legs of my B2B2B, so this is the last chance. Ordinarily I take the small ships, which don't have it, I'm on this because of the promotion.

I'm sure glad that the OP is OK! Amazing what is done in the year of 2014, via the internet, and Cruise Critic members reaching out to Princess, to make sure that one of our own, who is in distress.......and being locked out from your cabin is a very stressful situation, so my heart goes out to everyone that headed his call, and what a great story to tell over cocktails!

This is better than "Live from"............it was live, and thank goodness everything worked out like it was supposed to!

Enjoy your cruise.........and watch that door!:D

Rick

I did, but the doors are secured from the inside and apparently no one was in the oceanview cabins. And it was much windier there. I couldn't find any sort of phone up there either. I figured the best thing to go was go back to my balcony and I had my laptop out there, so ...

Glad to hear you are safe! I had forgotten that you could see the bridge from the balcony, which proved to be helpful.

What an amazing use of the internet. Way to go CCers. You are awesome!

I got locked on our balcony on CB two weeks ago by my dw when she went for a jog. This thread has taught me to always take my iPad with me when I go on the balcony! Being trapped for an hour was a bit scary. She eventually came back and was surprised to find me!

Edited by rbslos18

Glad it all worked out.

And now, a few thoughts to tie this all together. (Presented tongue in cheek in the lightest way possible.)

• Thank goodness security can override the deadbolt!
  • Luckily, the OP did not have the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the door since that is reportedly a sure fire way to keep people out.
  • Good thing the OP did not use any kind of device to block the door.
  • Thankfully, Cruise Critic is a valued and trusted resource, despite what people think about the reviews posted therein.
  • Maybe the OP should demand 50% off of the cruise fare since the mysterious locking door may have been an act of God.

:D

Edited by JimmyVWine

Luckily you had your computer out there with you. I've had my fears of being locked out of the cabin while on the balcony. I would have had a panic attack if this had happened to me. Nice to read how so many CC people tried to help rescue you. :)

Cindy

When people ask me [aka Mr. Tech Guy] why I don't have an iPad, I say that I never found a reason that it would help. THIS IS THAT REASON!!! Congrats on your foresight to have the one tool that would save your bacon. :D:D:D

Thanks all. I imagine I will be joshed at the informal meet n greet we are having on Wednesday. No, I'm not planning on asking them for anything. I figured Princess will likely read this thread and if they want to make the UST more likely, that would be cool, but that is as far as I go in that department. There are people who demand OBC for the least inconvenience.

Thanks all. I imagine I will be joshed at the informal meet n greet we are having on Wednesday. No, I'm not planning on asking them for anything. I figured Princess will likely read this thread and if they want to make the UST more likely, that would be cool, but that is as far as I go in that department. There are people who demand OBC for the least inconvenience.

Wehwait

I was on the phone with Joanne from Princess while she read the entire thread!! But that was before you mentioned the UST. So hopefully someone from CA will read this and that will be your "compensation".

Glad I was on line and was some help. It is good to know so many CC'ers are out there and willing to help. My problem would be I would get stuck out there and my computer and phone be inside!!!

I had a drink in you honor tonight. "All's well that ends well"!!!

Kathleen.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app