Having second thoughts

piggfarm

I am scheduled to leave Thursday on a 5 day Carnival cruise. I am going alone this time and think I made a major mistake. In the past I cruised with my wife who I lost several years ago and my kids and later their wives. Don't know if I can do this alone. Any advice would be welcomed.

It's ok to have 2nd thoughts. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!! Make sure and join your roll call and get involved. You can do as much or as little as you want with them. Go and read one of GApearl, Maureen's or any other solo cruiser review to build your confidence. WE HAVE YOUR BACK!! JUST DO IT!!!

I felt like that before my first and solo cruise. Kept feeling like that even after I was on the plane and after I'd landed in Venice. The "what on earth am I doing" feeling continued until I stepped onto the ship and it was all good from then on. It far exceeded my expectations.

Please go and give it a chance. Even if you don't enjoy it, it's only 5 days. People tend up to regretting more the things they didn't do than they things they do. Even if it's not for you, it's unlikely that you'll hate every last minute of it.

It is just likely to be the last minute doubts we all get from time to time.

Have you looked at your roll call? I found that when I did events with people on the roll call I didn't feel alone. I even did some independent excursions with them. Even if you just do the sailaway with your roll call, you will see you are not alone. My first solo was a 16 night transatlantic. Talk about jumping in with both feet! I had so much fun, I booked a back to back on Freedom solo. You can do your own thing when you want to. Please go, I'm sure you will have a great time.

My first solo cruise was 6 months after my husband died (the cruise was about 2 yrs ago) and I felt the same way.

What helped me was that on the first day, I walk up & down all the decks and get all the "oh, hubby would've loved to see this" stuff found all at once. Sounds wierd, but it's better (at least for me) to spend an hour or 2 doing this instead of finding them piecemeal all week long.

Don't get me wrong, there's still those moments of "s/he would've loved this" (or hated) but at least seeing that piece of artwork that you KNOW your wife would've have reacted to doesn't surprise you when you see it for the first time halfway through the cruise. Get all those things found as early as possible.

I felt like that before my first and solo cruise. Kept feeling like that even after I was on the plane and after I'd landed in Venice. The "what on earth am I doing" feeling continued until I stepped onto the ship and it was all good from then on. It far exceeded my expectations.

Please go and give it a chance. Even if you don't enjoy it, it's only 5 days. People tend up to regretting more the things they didn't do than they things they do. Even if it's not for you, it's unlikely that you'll hate every last minute of it.

It is just likely to be the last minute doubts we all get from time to time.

I have cruise solo once in September 2011 on the beautiful Azamara club cruise ...wonderful trip behon my expectation, but we need to talk a lot to ourself and think positive that everything will be alright and it is at the end of the trip and now I am scared that a second one could never be equal to the first one?

#1 participate in any activities suitable you can find, whether it be cc roll call, different events, , bingo game shows.

#2- limit your time in the cabin- that can be depressing

#3- do not be afraid to talk to people or even make conversation- you are likely not going to see many of these people again so do not sweat it

#4- see if you can sit with other solos in the dining room.

It is going to go quickly, remember its probably 4 full days, once you eliminate 6-7 hours of sleep a day it is really not a lot of time.

Also, look to see if there are any shore excursions you might like.

I met people on these and its nice to go on them with the people on your boat.

If you like it and go again, I would HIGHLY recommend the NCL ships with studios.