We really do live in one of the most amazing parts of the world

Jacs

Hi I am from the East coast of Canada and we will be in Australia , NZ & French Polynesia in March & April. We first visited Australia in 2010 and I fell in love with your country and the people. If I were 20 years younger I would consider relocating. We will be spending 9 days in Melbourne & area and I am so looking for to the visit. My good friend lives on the west coast south of Margaret River and I was so very fortunate to visit and spend time in this part of the country as well. Cheers. We have been following the Australian Open. I don't know how they can play tennis in the heat. :)

Canada is on my bucket list!

Yes, the tennis has some insane heat going on! :)

It is Ironic really, when the best thing about travel and seeing all the wonderful things is actually the feeling you get when you come home and then again when you sleep in your own bed.:D

But it doesn't take long to get "itchy feet" and want to start travelling again ;)

It is Ironic really, when the best thing about travel and seeing all the wonderful things is actually the feeling you get when you come home and then again when you sleep in your own bed.:D

I have often said that the Australian National Anthem should be "I still Call Australia Home"

The Qantas Choir sang it on Day 1 of the Brisbane Ashes Test and I am sure it fired every one up... certainly a Mr Johnson :D

But it doesn't take long to get "itchy feet" and want to start travelling again ;)

I'd quite like to beam back home for a day then "beam me back Scotty".

And I've found a cure for the depressing coming home feeling is to have already started organising the next trip.

I have often said that the Australian National Anthem should be "I still Call Australia Home"

The Qantas Choir sang it on Day 1 of the Brisbane Ashes Test and I am sure it fired every one up... certainly a Mr Johnson :D

Yes, that was very moving and so apporpriate for aussies travelling abroad. :D

I agree Flipper, I am in the local 'Sing Australia Choir' down here. 'I stlll call Australia Home' is one of our favourites. Yes, should be the national anthem.

http://www.singaustralia.com.au

It's just a shame Qantas used it though because its position as a national airline is no more as it no longer flies to Tassie and has no International flights into/out of Perth and Adelaide.

Edited by Pushka

It's just a shame Qantas used it though because its position as a national airline is no more as it no longer flies to Tassie and has no International flights into/out of Perth and Adelaide.

But Qantas still goes to Hobart.:confused:

I think Qantaslink is still considered part of Qantas.

However, if I book with Qantas, and another partner airline delivers the service, then unless I am getting the same service and points as per normal, it is a different airline and Qantas is just a broker or booking agency.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Many Australian native species require extreme heat to start their growth from seeds. They actually need a bushfire to start to grow. But unfortunately humans live in such places and try to prevent bushfires from happening.