Guaranteed cabin ?

have been on 3 cruises but always had sourced my cabin number, my next cruise have just booked a guaranteed cabin can you tell me if this always turns out well? can it turn out better?:confused:

You should only book a guarantee category if you will be content in the worst cabin in that category.

The answer to your question has to be: some people have been happy, some have not. Some people have gotten exactly what they booked, some have gotten something better.

Be prepared to be placed in the worst cabin location. I don't believe that you (being in the UK) will be able to change the location go your cabin once it has been assigned as North American residents are. We have received cabin assignments that were not the greatest but have been able to change to a different cabin in the same category so it has never been an issue.

have been on 3 cruises but always had sourced my cabin number, my next cruise have just booked a guaranteed cabin can you tell me if this always turns out well? can it turn out better?:confused:
We booked a balcony guarantee and expected an E2 (lowest balcony category on the ship we were sailing on) but received a D3, so was quite pleased.

Be prepared to be placed in the worst cabin location. I don't believe that you (being in the UK) will be able to change the location go your cabin once it has been assigned as North American residents are. We have received cabin assignments that were not the greatest but have been able to change to a different cabin in the same category so it has never been an issue.
Correct. Edited by peteukmcr

We will be going on our 6th cruise in a week. This was the first time we had tried the Guarantee Cabin (saved $600 doing this!) The cabin they assigned was not ideal (right below the pool) But, we just contacted our Travel agent and asked her to see if we could get a different cabin. We ended up with a slight upgrade from what we requested....:D

If you enjoy paying more for the same cabin, then you may not like the guarantee option.

We always book a guarantee when available, and have always had a great cabin at a lower price than others were paying.

The Goldilocks cruisers, who don't like their porridge too hot, or too cold, or their beds too hard, or too soft, or their cabins too close to the elevator or too far, or too high or too low, or too far forward or aft.....well, they won't be satisfied ever except for the one perfect cabin aboard, but for the rest of us, a guarantee is fine.

I agree with ehfl. As long as I am on the ship, I am happy. I can walk, and get around to different parts of the ship. In fact if I am in a very forward cabin, it means that I get more exercise anyways..

I am not sensitive to the motion of the ship (it does not bother me), so a guaranteed cabin for me works perfectly. On my last Allure cruise, I booked a balcony guarantee, and got a D8 (lowest balcony category). But since every balcony cabin D8 to D2 is basically the same (except for location, and number of beds) I really did not care.

I did not expect to get anything better (I hoped, but did not expect).

If you enjoy paying more for the same cabin, then you may not like the guarantee option.

We always book a guarantee when available, and have always had a great cabin at a lower price than others were paying.

The Goldilocks cruisers, who don't like their porridge too hot, or too cold, or their beds too hard, or too soft, or their cabins too close to the elevator or too far, or too high or too low, or too far forward or aft.....well, they won't be satisfied ever except for the one perfect cabin aboard, but for the rest of us, a guarantee is fine.

Goldilocks Cruisers..... love that expression....

:)love it : have just booked 2 cruises inside on a guarantee always do I am

happy wherever they put me

Hi - we booked a guarantee balcony on a Celebrity cruise last year, and received a nice upgrade when assigning staterooms. It got me a little more hooked, as you can save some $$$.... for our upcoming Allure cruise, we did not do a balcony guarantee, BUT our October Liberty of the Seas cruise, we are doing a balcony guarantee.... my TA was actually allowed to choose what room to give me within our category (we did cheapest category E2), and she gave me a fairly decent midship location, thus I was happy in the end. So to what everyone else is saying, I guess it's all dependent on how your comfort level is on not knowing where you'll be placed, but also knowing that you can have the opportunity to get something nicer and cheaper! ;) Good luck with what you decide!

we did a balc. guarantee on allure and couldn't have picked a better cabin if I did it myself... got deck 10 near the aft elevators.... cabin was assigned within a few weeks of booking..

one thing to remember is .. if you don't like your cabin assignment do not wait, call immediately and if there is a better location that you prefer, within the same cabin category, they will be nice enough to switch it for you....

we saved 500 per person taking the guarantee

I'm not sure I would try it unless I knew I had a chance to move elsewhere after it was assigned. There was a couple on my last cruise who did the guarantee to get an ocean view. Yes they were on the ship and having a wonderful time, but their ocean view was one of the ones in the bow. When underway, they heard every wave slamming into the ship. The first night out was especially rough and they hadn't gotten much sleep because of the loud banging.

If my objective was to cruise more often, I might reconsider, but at this point in my life, my vacation time is limited, so I want to be certain that I have a stellar experience.